Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it is possible that the air buds support both bluetooth and also a proprietary thing. nobody will ever know, sadly, because nobody will buy the loving air buds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bump_fn posted:

stereo speakers that are, what, an inch apart? perfect for stereo audio

top and bottom of phone

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
reminder that there is only one true air bud

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Wild EEPROM posted:

reminder that there is only one true air bud

exploding mummy posted:

there's no rule saying a dog can't be ceo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

quote:

The high-gloss finish of the jet black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodization and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.
lmfao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

quoting your own posts is extremely gauche, much like posting your own tweets.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Hindsight is 20/20 – because I recall this exact same argument being touted when Apple dropped serial ports for USB. That was especially fiery because there was no real space-consideration back then, there were no USB devices on the market - so it was merely a 'gently caress you' to ps2 and rs232 in favour of a port that no one used at the time.

Now we have a widely accepted wireless standard where there is already a proliferation of available devices at every price point, the box includes an adapter and the standard is on every piece of modern hardware – yet people are bitching like they just lost a leg.

The only thing that Apple could have done better is include AirPods with every phone.

From this point I foresee the 3.5mm jack to be taking a quick exit from the industry, and in 12 months I doubt anyone will care at all.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
apple should have gone to a 4 conductor 3/32" jack qtiyd

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

bump_fn posted:

this thread, unlike apple, continues to deliver

indeed

loving apple and their proprietary ports and other stuff. Apple is for rich mans

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i wanted a new workstation i don't give a single gently caress about phones

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

GameCube posted:

Hindsight is 20/20 – because I recall this exact same argument being touted when Apple dropped serial ports for USB. That was especially fiery because there was no real space-consideration back then, there were no USB devices on the market - so it was merely a 'gently caress you' to ps2 and rs232 in favour of a port that no one used at the time.

Now we have a widely accepted wireless standard where there is already a proliferation of available devices at every price point, the box includes an adapter and the standard is on every piece of modern hardware – yet people are bitching like they just lost a leg.

The only thing that Apple could have done better is include AirPods with every phone.

From this point I foresee the 3.5mm jack to be taking a quick exit from the industry, and in 12 months I doubt anyone will care at all.

except USB was better

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

apple doesn't care about computers any more lol

i might just stick with my 6. idk. i put a new battery in it a little while back and it made a massive difference, and ios10 isn't running like poo poo now compared to the early betas which worried me as past betas were way more stable overall. don't know if i feel like doing a monthly payment on a phone which i haven't done for like four years now.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Phoenixan posted:

i wanted a new workstation i don't give a single gently caress about phones

well too bad for you that apple doesn't give a single gently caress about "workstations"

you want serious work computer you buy pc

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

triple sulk posted:

apple doesn't care about computers any more lol

i might just stick with my 6. idk. i put a new battery in it a little while back and it made a massive difference, and ios10 isn't running like poo poo now compared to the early betas which worried me as past betas were way more stable overall. don't know if i feel like doing a monthly payment on a phone which i haven't done for like four years now.

yeah. gotta do that with mine, battery on my 6 went from 100% to 70% in like 40 min today but otherwise it's perfectly adequate.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I wonder how apple does workstation required stuff

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

is it piano black or jet black

high gloss is so iphone 3gs though. LMAO to the fuckin street corner and jerk off on a homeless dude. matte owns

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

idk why people are mad, apple is shipping a $49 adapter that lets you use legacy earphones while charging

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Pinterest Mom posted:

idk why people are mad, apple is shipping a $49 adapter that lets you use legacy earphones while charging

"because gently caress you that's why"

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

uncurable mlady posted:

Apple made in-ear standalone bt earbuds for half the price at 2x the battery life of the bragi dash or similar models but somehow this is an epic failure because people itt are trump-like brokebrain idiots

who is the market for in ear bluetooth earbuds, ESPECIALLY proprietary earbuds that will only work on two devices AND comes at the cost of a headphone jack????

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 8, 2016

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

I wonder how apple does workstation required stuff

i assume they use mac pros

i know their industrial design dept uses unigraphics NX, which is pretty weird and rare as design software goes, b/c it runs on os x

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
can you imagine digging yourself into a hole because you're not upgrading the very hardware you use to design your hardware? lol

like the total opposite of a self-improving machine

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

the police don't give a gently caress about your earbuds

Pleasure Kevin is correct, asking what would happen if somebody stole one of something from a set isn't a funny observation, let alone a valid argument. what if somebody stole one of your earrings. get it. what if somebody stole just one chopstick. are you laughing yet. what if some lebbo knicked half your footie. this is humor. what if somebody took one of your balls. that wouldn't be possible because you're a dickless coward. sorry. sorry that one was rude. sorry. sorry. that one was a bad joke. don't look at that one. again, i'm sorry. please forget i said anything. what if somebody stole one of ur shoes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i assume they use mac pros

Macs Pro

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

ok guy who posted his dick for a Nintendo game trial code

Asking what would happen if someone stole one of a pair is a stupid argument and is also not a funny thing to think about.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i know more than none person who has had their phone snatched out of their hands in cities and in both cases the cops were like "lol ur not seeing it again if you didn't run him down then and there sucker"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bump_fn posted:

i know more than none person who has had their phone snatched out of their hands in cities and in both cases the cops were like "lol ur not seeing it again if you didn't run him down then and there sucker"

i know a guy who got mugged by a trio of middle schoolers at a BART station. they pointed a gun at him and grabbed his laptop bag and iphone. he said he could immediately tell that the gun was a BB gun with the orange tip colored in with a sharpie, so he chased them down. one guy shot him in the arm (minor surgery to take the BB out) and another one tripped him and he fell and chipped a tooth.

he went to the police but the person on duty said "sorry, a policeman was shot up in $district, so everyone on the force is occupied with that indefinitely."

:coal:

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

bump_fn posted:

okay yes, but when you're dealing with tiny earbuds, what is more likely: somebody rips just one one of them out of your ear as he's exiting a train as a joke on you (???) or you just misplace one of them anywhere at any time because they're tiny loving earbuds that aren't connected to anything? air buds are a deeply, deeply flawed and retarded idea, and attacking it from such an asinine angle is doing everyone a disservice.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

who gives a poo poo

you clearly do because you probated Pleasure Kevin for posting about it.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

This Tweet from @CaseyNewton has been withheld in response to a report from the copyright holder.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
anybody who has used any other 'wireless' earphones will understand the benefit of actual wireless earphones

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Millstone posted:

This Tweet from @CaseyNewton has been withheld in response to a report from the copyright holder.

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/773605524164136960

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the idea of someone needing to micromanage whether they want to listen to their music or charge their phone on a long car trip is very funny to me

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

rapeface posted:

the idea of someone needing to micromanage whether they want to listen to their music or charge their phone on a long car trip is very funny to me

zen death robot posted:

car Bluetooth is the poo poo tho

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

zen death robot posted:

car Bluetooth is poo poo tho

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

zen death robot posted:

gently caress charging headphones for 5-8 hours use imo

I had a pair a while back and I really didn't care for them tbh. if you do then that's your thing but battery tech needs to get better by a lot before I go back

i love mine, cords kept on getting caught on poo poo when i was PUMPING IRON or just doing chores around the house. also, i never realised how annoying cords were while running and how artificially i held my head until i went cordless.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

anybody who has used any other 'wireless' earphones will understand the benefit of actual wireless earphones

i've used bluetooth headsets and wireless headphones before and i think they're great! but all the advantages of those discrete units is lost when you scale them down to the earbud level. to begin with, the two earbuds aren't connected which opens up a whole slew of concerns, like what happens if just one of them breaks or gets lost or whatever? i'm not much for gambling, but knowing apple, the answer will probably be "buy another pair". but then again, you're spending $160 for audio quality that is not appreciably better than the free headphones that came out of any of the other iphones you've bought in the past, which you would have been fine with using had apple not removed the audio jack. the battery life on the air buds is shorter than what one expects from bt headsets even though it's much better than other bt earbuds. combine all that with the fact that apple's not puting them in the box of every new iphone 7 and i don't know man, i just don't think Air Buddies The Touchdown Pups is going to take the world by storm.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

these are good

JayBird BlueBuds X

crepeface fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 8, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

rapeface posted:

these are good

JayBird BlueBuds X