Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Let's get back on track with two new episodes!!!! My favorite new combat move debuts in episode 6.

Episode 5: Sully.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 6: Dude-Seeking Punch Missile.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sully would have never taken the cross for himself because it would have burned him as he is an affront to God.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skullhead tethyis posted:

when's that Wednesday update coming?

once the grabs which breed in great Sul-E-Vahnz wake form the night sky, then the time will be right for the consummation of the marriage.

Fish Noise posted:

Sully Stranding?

this went over my head

FAKE EDIT: damnit chip way to update right when I was making a cthulhu joke about updates

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
GOD drat THESE GRAPHICS

Look at the their tuxes realistically ruffling as they move!

Look at the detail on the hair!

Look, just look at how god drat smooth that smoke from Sully's cigar is!

The lights, the textures, all the little details put into the facial animation...

I don't have a PS4 (though I think I'll pick up the Pro when it launches), but I have a buddy from work who does, and I asked him what he thought of the game after playing it. He said it was boring and he only played it for a couple of hours before shelving it, and said the new Tomb Raider was better. Now, I haven't played the new Tomb Raider yet, but I think it's safe to say that he's insane and has no idea what he's talking about.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gunpoint also has an achievement called "Ludonarrative Dissonance".

You get it for, when you write your gruff detective afterwards, noting you killed more people than you actually avenged.

Gunpoint also has an achievement for hitting someone ninety times once they're already dead.

It's called "Alright, Have one! Just Stop!", with the description "This is an achievement in name only. No-one admires you for punching a guy that many times."

Gunpoint has the best achievements.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
http://puu.sh/r3QUL/fd6128542f.webm

how does he do these things, is Drake a wacky races character with magnetic gloves

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
He's back and he's beautiful! Bless us, oh Grease Daddy!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CJacobs posted:

how does he do these things, is Drake a wacky races character with magnetic gloves

I was going to mention this same thing without the fancy webm. The graphics are great and a lot of the little details are really nice but you'd think they'd work on things like this before "the bars bends a little when you shimmy!"

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay. The one singular thing that has most impressed me by far, graphically, is the incredibly complex shadows they have. I only realised exactly how complex when they were in the vents. You can see bright areas of reflections on the vents being blotted out by a shadow, but because there are so many light sources, the shadow is still very blurred and negligible dimming of the surface, in what appears to be real time, on all four of the sides of the vents.

:psyduck:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I appreciate how we have a fully immersive Sully to behold. God, I love his hair, it's fantastic.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Wasn't the flying punch in 3?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It was an elbow drop in 3.

edit: Also you couldn't do it in the middle of combat I don't think. In this game I recall a fight where I jumped from a high place onto a dude, climbed back up, and did it over and over again until all the men were missile-punched. It was very satisfying.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Good gravy this game is gorgeous. This and 100' Robot Golf are kind of making me want a PS4.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Drake reaching out when you got the momentum to reach something is great, I'm sure the majority of my deaths in games with rope swinging is being incorrect in thinking I'm close enough to reach.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Things would have gone so much better if Sully hadn't also pissed off Bruce Wayne.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

They ain't using those lemons for lemonade.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limoncello

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I went to the ancient history thread and it took me way too long to realize that they were actually talking about Sulla

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad Sully is back, but man, the pacing in this segment is glacial. I'm sure the exploration Chip went contributes to that too, but there seems like there's a lot of padding here. They're only supposed to have 10 to 15 minutes here.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tashilicious posted:

Okay. The one singular thing that has most impressed me by far, graphically, is the incredibly complex shadows they have. I only realised exactly how complex when they were in the vents. You can see bright areas of reflections on the vents being blotted out by a shadow, but because there are so many light sources, the shadow is still very blurred and negligible dimming of the surface, in what appears to be real time, on all four of the sides of the vents.

:psyduck:

Where they admired the spotlight on the flowers, it looked like Drake was actually illuminated by colored light reflecting off of them. So subtle I may have imagined it, but impressive if so.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
So has the source of all of Rafe's wealth been mentioned yet, or is that a mystery for another time? Sully mentioned his parent's business and Rafe said he did it as his day job, so it sounds like he's got some sort of really high end swanky job that helps bankroll all these shenanigans.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Nate: "Hey Sam, have you heard about 'dabbing'?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good dad Sully telling Nate to get his poo poo together with his wife is good, once the best, always the best.

I don't think the weather in Scotland is ever fine though.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Good dad Sully telling Nate to get his poo poo together with his wife is good, once the best, always the best.

Agreed. Sully is a way better dad that you'd think.

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013
Expressing my appreciation for Drake hanging the shotgun off himself with a strap instead of sticking it to his back with magic velcro

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hatrocious posted:

Expressing my appreciation for Drake hanging the shotgun off himself with a strap instead of sticking it to his back with magic velcro

He also sticks the pistol in the waistline of his pants when he holsters it to climb things and it actually presses the shirt against his back :eyepop:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
You know, from the mention of paying off Alcazar with stolen boats instead of Dismas Money...

Alcazar is hinging hopes for a lot of money on a pretty unreliable score. I mean even assuming that it's not a wild goose chase and the treasure actually exists and can be found (and we'll give him that), and that Sam actually has a good estimation of the value of a treasure he has never seen, we know from first-hand experience of Nate's shenanigans that ancient treasures do not live up to the hype. Experience suggests that this treasure has more chance of being total poo poo or actively dangerous than valuable, and it's already a lot of 'if's to get to that point.

Also, I really like just how slimy Rafe is. He's got that self-assured, smug 'wit' to him that makes it clear he is just total loving scum that cares not one bit about anybody else. He's like a treasure-hunting Martin Shkreli. That green car's probably his.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
But this time!

This time!!

400 million dollars!! This'll be the BIG ONE

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, realistically, what does Alcazar stand to lose? If Sam doesn't get him the treasure, oh well, he's out a bunch of money that was a super duper longshot anyway and he's still free and out of prison.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jesus, two updates right after you finished doing a 27 hour stream? What are you made of? Are you a tiny Terminator or something?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Every time I watch these LPs and see all the details, it blows my drat mind. I mean, I should be used to it after Bloodborne, but Uncharted 4 continues to just amaze me on how detailed everything is.

Also, Hooray for Sully!

I can't wait for the gently caress-ups video they have planned.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Cleretic posted:

we know from first-hand experience of Nate's shenanigans that ancient treasures do not live up to the hype.

to be fair, I think all of Nate's discoveries have been incredibly valuable. they've also just happened to be weapons of mass destruction/chemical warfare that he wouldn't feel good about becoming rich from and has ended up destroying while escaping the megalomaniac of the day.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Except for the cintimani stone bits. He eats those like they're vitamins whenever he's feeling sore.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
"Despite this being the last game, I guess there's still going to be one more Uncharted LP maybe."

Yeah Chip. When the hell you LPing the Vita one?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hatrocious posted:

This is one of my favorite things. I literally can't think of one other game with a dynamically animated sling. Part of it is that it's been so hard to dynamically animate that kind of thing without a lot of glitches and clipping errors, especially with all the other poo poo this game is spending processing power animating.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Holy balls they really could have (and should have) pushed harder for Nate to let Elena know what was really going on. Nadine got a good look at him, and even if she doesn't put it together immediately (which it seemed like she already did during the fight), Rafe will, and then they'll go after Elena to get to him. It's practically Bad Guy 101. Nate didn't even tell her to take a vacation or anything! :cripes: They're going to snatch her up so quick and easy they'll probably drop her back at home for a couple hours just so they can do it again for practice.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I, personally, like to imagine the second half of the conversation went like this.

Drake: Love you, bye!
Elana: *click* that no good lying bastard, he's going to Scotland.
James Cousin of Jeff: How do you know?
Elana: He originally planned a week, now he added three more. So he did a reverse Scotty, which means he doesn't want me to think about Scotland, which means he's going there. Get into the plane!

MEANWHILE

Drake: Heh, reverse Scotty, works every time.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Elena sensed Sully's presence over the phone and knew something is up.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

bobjr posted:

Elena sensed Sully's presence over the phone and knew something is up.

Sully's cigar odor is so intense that it can be transmitted through telephone lines and cellphone signals.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I believe the striking set of sculptures by the pool are based off a similar installation in Brookgreen Gardens.

haha, so many easter eggs:
  • Ching Shih (whose holding company is selling the first items) was a famous Chinese female pirate. I think she shows up in the Assassin's creed games.
  • Nicholas Trott (whose estate the cross is from) was the judge who tried Stede Bonnett, and appeared in A General History of the Pyrates.
  • Most of the other items, like the Mask of Warka, are unique and famous archaeological treasures that had been stolen at some point. The Lion attacking a Nubian, Victoria's mace, Monet painting, Shanidar skull, and the faberge egg the list mentions still haven't been recovered.
  • There's some political commentary, too- the other individual artifacts are "stolen" in another sense- they were at the center of disputes involving their being taken from the countries of origin during conflict and making their way to Western museums.

What was on that whiteboard after the pickpocketing segment?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Felinoid posted:

Holy balls they really could have (and should have) pushed harder for Nate to let Elena know what was really going on. Nadine got a good look at him, and even if she doesn't put it together immediately (which it seemed like she already did during the fight), Rafe will, and then they'll go after Elena to get to him. It's practically Bad Guy 101. Nate didn't even tell her to take a vacation or anything! :cripes: They're going to snatch her up so quick and easy they'll probably drop her back at home for a couple hours just so they can do it again for practice.

Nathan will realize the folly of his actions when she's held for ransom and the message is delivered with one of Elena's legs. The message reads something like 'Boy, it sure was easy to kidnap her since she had no idea this was coming, thanks for not warning her or anything, that really makes our job a whole lot easier!'

• Locked thread