Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

Its the right move, Bernie is familiar with the whole process and it needs to be done. I'd expect him to be gone as soon as that's wrapped up though.

And it gives him time to suck more money out and give it to his daughters before he dies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
mexican media is reporting that Force India will be acquired by Carlos Slim in the coming days, then sources inside Force India and Grupo Carso deny it, which I don't know if in F1 as in football, it means the deal is close to completion:

http://www.espn.com.mx/deporte-motor/f1/nota/_/id/2782289/rumores-senalan-que-slim-compraria-force-india-fuentes-niegan

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Bernie will begin engineering the collapse of the sport now, and then buy it all back in 2021 for half of what he paid.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

El Chingon posted:

mexican media is reporting that Force India will be acquired by Carlos Slim in the coming days, then sources inside Force India and Grupo Carso deny it, which I don't know if in F1 as in football, it means the deal is close to completion:

http://www.espn.com.mx/deporte-motor/f1/nota/_/id/2782289/rumores-senalan-que-slim-compraria-force-india-fuentes-niegan

Force India are a good midfield team, so good for those workers if Slim buys the company and gives them better job security.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

CratSock posted:

Bernie will begin engineering the collapse of the sport now, and then buy it all back in 2021 for half of what he paid.

Now? He's been doing it for years!

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

El Chingon posted:

I'm looking forward to Team Barbados Slim on the grid.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Force India are a good midfield team, so good for those workers if Slim buys the company and gives them better job security.

:agreed: force méxico 2017 mwcc

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

CratSock posted:

This is so hosed up but would be 100% in-line with who Bernie is as a person. :allears:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

El Chingon posted:

Sounds credible because when Lotus got Quantum money everyone insisted it was going to happen.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

I guess this also means that Perez will not be leaving.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Human Grand Prix posted:

He has already been confirmed for 2017.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

https://twitter.com/ams_formula1/status/773541634709479424

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

phew thank the stars

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i miss scott speed

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

poo poo Farm posted:

i miss scott speed

You can find him with all the broken BMX drivers and top gear USA hosts in Global Rallycross.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yet another American sabotaged by the nefarious FIA.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
RIP Bernie

Dubs fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 7, 2016

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Tsaedje posted:

:lol: Bernie to stay on for 3 more years after the takeover

It'll take that long for Bernie to show them all the closets around the world that he's hidden skeletons in.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Looking back at it, it was foolish to think anyone would get the upper hand on Bernie. He must be the most slippery person in the world at this point.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
A Mexican F1 team? That's p awesome dudes

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah Force Mexico sounds awesome.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
F1 2016: Give me Liberty or give me the death of F1

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

IanTheM posted:

It'll take that long for Bernie to show them all the closets around the world that he's hidden skeletons in.

I wasn't aware there were enough closets in the world

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

CaptainYesterday posted:

F1 2016: Give me Liberty or give me the death of F1

We are all already dead inside. It's why we watch F1

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Scuderia Faili

Only registered members can see post attachments!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I need one of those

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Lewis Hamilton's latest detour from his inevitable transition....

:catstare:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Lewis Hamilton's latest detour from his inevitable transition....

:catstare:

Would

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Is that Michael Jackson?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/status/773843689097535489

RIP force méxico
2016 - 2016

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Hang on but what's Joe's Award saying on the matter?

Actually don't answer that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Last time I read JJoc* he was having a complete meltdown in his comments section over the idea that James Allison would move to be closer to his early 20s children immediately after their mother's death because 'children in Britain leave the house by that age it makes no sense'

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Just heard this on the radio, I didn't see any discussion about it.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/07/liberty-media-to-purchase-formula-1.html

quote:

The mass media group will acquire Formula One in a deal that represents an equity value of $4.4 billion for the racing organization. Liberty Media will hold an 18.7 percent minority stake in the Formula One immediately, and then the remainder when the deal closes as early as the first quarter of 2017.

Chase Carey, executive vice president of 21st Century Fox, will be appointed chairman of Formula One. Bernie Ecclestone, current CEO of the racing group, will remain in his position.

Liberty Media will pay $1.1 billion in cash, 138 million Liberty Media shares and $351 million worth of an exchangeable debt instrument to be issued by Formula One, which can be exchanged into Liberty Media shares. It will also assume $4.1 billion in Formula One's current debt.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Whitey Ford posted:

No body answer that please. That guy makes my loving brain hurt.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Just so I understand, Liberty Media is acquiring FOM right? I know that pretty much IS Formula One, although I don't remember exactly what the FIA does aside from create the rulebook.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They technically are responsible for running the races and enforcing the rules but Old Man Whiting's continued presence suggests Bernie has his finger in those pies as well.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Funzo posted:

Just so I understand, Liberty Media is acquiring FOM right? I know that pretty much IS Formula One, although I don't remember exactly what the FIA does aside from create the rulebook.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIA_World_Motor_Sport_Council (Rules)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_Group (Commercial Concerns, like Contract negotiation or selling assets like TV rights)

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Whitey Ford posted:

Apparently Quantum are lined up on that deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why does F1 have 4 billion in debt?

• Locked thread