Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Please don't fall for the baby's cries for attention. Let its real mother attend to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't see what's so anger inducing about "this person is mocking the same people as you", tbh. Every time someone brings that image up it gets attributed to a different, often contradictory, group which is especially hilarious.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

When I see these things I always look for abortion and pet welfare and I'm never disappointed

I'll have a hearty lol at the "against hentai" and the total lack of mention of ponies, anime and videogames. That, the mention of fluoridation and circumcision and the fact it's clearly about "ironpill" and not alt right as a whole make me think it's a subtle troll, meant to make people flame each other over the stupid little controversies (you know that right now, somewhere, there's a circumcision derail about this image)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hackbunny posted:

When I see these things I always look for abortion and pet welfare and I'm never disappointed

I'll have a hearty lol at the "against hentai" and the total lack of mention of ponies, anime and videogames. That, the mention of fluoridation and circumcision and the fact it's clearly about "ironpill" and not alt right as a whole make me think it's a subtle troll

Well to be honest these idiots all have conflicting ideas of what they actually want so it's most likely just the personal incoherent thoughts of the person who made it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

poptart_fairy posted:

Every time someone brings that image up it gets attributed to a different, often contradictory, group which is especially hilarious.

You seem very defensive about this image.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That image is mocking the same people as you - what are you really angry about, Somfin?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Let his own mother deal with him.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I have no doubt what the author of the image really believes, support for pet welfare is an oddly good predictor of fascism (don't ask me why). Opposition for abortion seals the deal

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hackbunny posted:

support for pet welfare is an oddly good predictor of fascism (don't ask me why).

Hitler loved animals and was a vegetarian. That's literally it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

poptart_fairy posted:

That image is mocking the same people as you - what are you really angry about, Somfin?

And there goes the puppetmaster defense, right on cue. Do you ever change your tactics?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

And there goes the puppetmaster defense, right on cue. Do you ever change your tactics?

Uh, it's a genuine question you weirdo. The extent of my point is literally "this person is mocking the same people as you by being sarcastic in a Facebook post", but you're taking issue with that for some reason.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

poptart_fairy posted:

Uh, it's a genuine question you weirdo. The extent of my point is literally "this person is mocking the same people as you by being sarcastic in a Facebook post", but you're taking issue with that for some reason.

It's not fake.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It was taken less than a minute after being posted and hits almost every single stereotype about that kind of person.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

hits almost every single stereotype about that kind of person.

So do you.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

poptart_fairy posted:

It was taken less than a minute after being posted and hits almost every single stereotype about that kind of person.

Please continue.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Well yeah, both me and him like to mock that kind of person. For some reason this has made Somfin very confrontational.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

drat, I dug up fried chicken Robocop for nothin'.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

poptart_fairy posted:

Because it's quite obvious? Only people taking the piss hit that many criteria at once.

You could be right that this particular post is a joke, but you're wrong that no post like it could be serious. We're well into Poe's law territory.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh sure, but I resort to my stock answer - focus on the stuff that's genuine, rather than falling for obvious piss takes. :v:

Hardly a shortage of material.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doc Hawkins posted:

You could be right that this particular post is a joke, but you're wrong that no post like it could be serious. We're well into Poe's law territory.

stop fuckin addressing him

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

How is he going to reach the game clock with his books set up like that? Where is the game clock? Well, at least the board looks set up correctly.

But he seems to have better hair than me, which I resent.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Said this way it sounds like a bad joke or a stereotype, but no, look at the animal welfare associations in Italy and they're all former neofascists

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh sure, but I resort to my stock answer - focus on the stuff that's genuine, rather than falling for obvious piss takes. :v:

Hardly a shortage of material.

You're misunderstanding me: I'm saying that your confidence is misplaced, especially considering how many people are telling you it isn't a joke. And since it could be real, why would it bother you when people think it is?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

stop fuckin addressing him
I will, sorry. I don't lose anything when I give people the benefit of the doubt, but I suppose the thread does.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Doc Hawkins posted:

You're misunderstanding me: I'm saying that your confidence is misplaced, especially considering how many people are telling you it isn't a joke. And since it could be real, why would it bother you when people think it is?
I will, sorry. I don't lose anything when I give people the benefit of the doubt, but I suppose the thread does.

Well, I've seen that image pop up in so many places I guess seeing it brought here - rather than the hundreds of more obviously sincere examples - was the the point where I finally wanted to grumble. That it freaked a couple people out was where things got a bit weird for me.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Yes but do other facists do it because hitler did it or did hitler do it because it's an intrinsic behavior of fascists :aaaaa:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Yes but do other facists do it because hitler did it or did hitler do it because it's an intrinsic behavior of fascists :aaaaa:

Yeah what I'm wondering is if it's actually part of their beliefs or just a dogwhistle

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also my spellcheck no longer tries to capitalize hitler so i guess it's finally turned into a regular noun

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

hackbunny posted:

Yeah what I'm wondering is if it's actually part of their beliefs or just a dogwhistle

Perhaps it represents some principle of nature that nothing can be purely and completely good or evil, so the fact that everything else about fascism is abject vileness requires "we like animals" to spontaneously form within its tenets so that it has the most token possible drop of goodness.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Hans, are we the baddies?

Of course not! Look at how well we treat our pets and livestock!

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Fascists like nature because it's as misanthropic and darwinian as the society they wish to create. Plus it feeds into the nostalgia and romanticism of the mythic past that never existed that they're so sure we need to return to.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Poptart_fairy may be obnoxious, but I agree, that image looks like an obvious troll.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

TomViolence posted:

Plus it feeds into the nostalgia and romanticism of the mythic past that never existed that they're so sure we need to return to.

This was my other guess. It fits into a vision of "ethnic pastoralism" and all that.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I think it's at least partly that they prefer animals to people because they dislike the psychological complexity of people.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
What actual argument is being dishonestly described when alt right idiots complain about kafka traps?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Pope Guilty posted:

What actual argument is being dishonestly described when alt right idiots complain about kafka traps?

Surely that would be (((Kafka))) traps?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Pope Guilty posted:

Some dumb site posted:

The term "kafkatrapping" describes a logical fallacy that is popular within gender feminism, racial politics and other ideologies of victimhood. It occurs when you are accused of a thought crime such as sexism, racism or homophobia. You respond with an honest denial, which is then used as further confirmation of your guilt. You are now trapped in a circular and unfalsifiable argument; no one who is accused can be innocent because the structure of kafkatrapping precludes that possibility.

The actual argument is "calling an arsehole an arsehole".

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

GunnerJ posted:

This was my other guess. It fits into a vision of "ethnic pastoralism" and all that.

Not to mention that there's a clear hierarchy between people and the animals they own. Dogs are loyal to their masters, and they can be trained to obey your commands. The appeal is obvious.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

How is he going to reach the game clock with his books set up like that? Where is the game clock? Well, at least the board looks set up correctly.

But he seems to have better hair than me, which I resent.

It's a bit hard to see because the picture is so tiny but it looks like he set up the white pieces on ranks 7 and 8 instead of 1 and 2. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

cgfreak posted:

It's a bit hard to see because the picture is so tiny but it looks like he set up the white pieces on ranks 7 and 8 instead of 1 and 2. :v:

Oh, yep, you are right, he did.