Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

well at the open workouts CM Punk showed a mastery of the Gracie Combatives System© and took the back 3 times, while Mickey Gall was doing nonsense like rolling kneebars

Punk by submission in the 1st round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
http://uproxx.com/mma/pimp-slap-knockout-mma/

Hey, we got a preview of Gall's KOTN already!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Hello wrestle friends, enjoy this GDT from me to you. May you all find enlightenment.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3789373

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=adqYDk5H0JM&feature=youtu.be

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM21-_KR0aw&t=1067s

punk did not do a practice weight cut, according to him.

oh this clown fiesta.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

oh this clown fiesta.

Did you ever do a weight cut before?

nope

Did you do a practice one?

nope

*impossibly awkward pause*

Are you worried?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dana won't let Mickey Gall come out to Hey Mickey because it's not hard enough

God drat it Dana

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Did you ever do a weight cut before?

nope

Did you do a practice one?

nope

*impossibly awkward pause*

Are you worried?

"Is a nutritionist helping you?"

"Nah. It's just common sense."

When in Evolution of Punk he saw a nutritionist who was going to give him a reasonable plan to lose 1-2 lbs a week and he thought it would take too long.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Luigi Thirty posted:

God drat it Dana

Someone on twitter suggested that gall comes out to no chance in hell.

He should come out to that or Cena's theme

twitter and bisted
Aug 26, 2012

I'm a crow and nothing human is avian to me

Bluedeanie posted:

Hello wrestle friends, enjoy this GDT from me to you. May you all find enlightenment.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3789373

Well posted, my son.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Luigi Thirty posted:

God drat it Dana

Can't wait to find out what Linkin Park song Dana has set him up with

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Keg posted:

Can't wait to find out what Linkin Park song Dana has set him up with

Im one step closer to straight edge

That im about to break

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
crawling in my skin
what dooo my knuckles sayyyyy

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Luigi Thirty posted:

God drat it Dana

Tom Lawlor walking out to "Like A Prayer" was apparently totally fine though.

Remember when it was a certainty that UFC would find a can or two for Punk to crush? Simpler times.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not hard to argue that they tried to, they just failed because Punk's level is extremely low.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

I am having a hard time believing that Punk is this bad and out of his league. I am starting to think that the documentary, the sparring sessions and interviews is just an elaborate plan to give Gall the false impression that he will dominate the fight. I'm kind of thinking Punk is going to come out as a beast and was faking is out the whole time.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

RagingHematoma posted:

I am having a hard time believing that Punk is this bad and out of his league. I am starting to think that the documentary, the sparring sessions and interviews is just an elaborate plan to give Gall the false impression that he will dominate the fight. I'm kind of thinking Punk is going to come out as a beast and was faking is out the whole time.

Lmao you're wrong

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Lmao you're wrong

What a mark!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RagingHematoma posted:

lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
In a shocking twist, Gall will make Brooks tap to the figure-four leglock.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

RagingHematoma posted:

the guy with no prior experience that got into the sport doing bjj casually is a phenom

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Halloween Jack posted:

In a shocking twist, Gall will make Brooks tap to the figure-four leglock.

he was clearly practicing the Sharpshooter

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

-Atom- posted:

the guy with no prior experience that got into the sport doing bjj casually is a phenom
If Kurt Angle couldn't pass a UFC physical, The Undertaker definitely couldn't. They'll never let a clinically dead man fight.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Halloween Jack posted:

If Kurt Angle couldn't pass a UFC physical, The Undertaker definitely couldn't. They'll never let a clinically dead man fight.

He already lost to Hulk Hogan in PRIDE in 1975 anyway.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
There's no way that weight cut thing is true

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DannoMack posted:

There's no way that weight cut thing is true

Skinny Fat rear end

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like that in the year of the Trump, we still have people finding it hard to believe that someone can just be an idiot or just be really terrible

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder if Punk is going to be Rumble Johnson levels of overweight or emaciated and dehydrated to the point of near-death. It has to be one, right?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

oh this clown fiesta.

lol. the first time i ever cut weight for a fight while training at duke roufus (which was my first fight ever and first time cutting weight), i had to cut 30 pounds to make 265 (i was fat back then) and the amateur coach was all "nah, don't do a test cut, you look like you'll do fine you look like youll drop weight easily." it was amature so same-day weigh-ins. i had to rehydrate in like 2 hours and gassed about 2 minutes into the thing. i barely won with a hail mary sub because my opponent was even fatter and a short dude and i just kinda plowed him into the fence and went for the flying triangle, which he was too gassed and inflexible to escape.

so ya, i absolutely believe they wouldnt have him do a test cut.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RagingHematoma posted:

This didn't get laughed at enough.

Lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Punk is like me in cutting weight our solutions is to just give up pop and call it a day, maybe go to the local gym for more than 30 minutes every 4 days or so.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

This didn't get laughed at enough.

Lol

Punk is working all of you guys into a shoot. You'll see.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

oh this clown fiesta.

holy loving poo poo

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"It turns out my elaborate plan to elude my opponent about my skills was a complete failure! By looking like I was awful I just inspired him to train even harder so he could really embarrass me."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Assume that all my posts are prefaced with "all I know about combat sports is poo poo I picked up from watching the occasional UFC event", but Punk doesn't look like he has to cut a LOT to my casual-rear end eyes. It's probably a bad idea to do it for the first time in your UFC debut without any special guidance tho, even if you need to cut 10lbs.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Well he seems worried about it, it's clearly on his mind judging by embedded and that ariel beardbeef interview

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Punk is prone to hyperbole in almost every way. It's getting to Hulk Hogan levels.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RagingHematoma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvY6YQH9kE4

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://deadspin.com/dana-white-tells-mickey-gall-to-use-harder-entrance-mus-1786384457

quote:

MMA fighter Mickey Gall, who doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page and will take on former WWE wrestler CM Punk at UFC 203, had planned to use Toni Basil’s “Mickey” at his entrance music Saturday. Clever, right? UFC president Dana White wasn’t on board.

In today’s episode of UFC 203 Embedded, Gall gets a phone call from White. The fighter tells everyone in the car that White “wants something harder” for Gall’s entrance song.

Gall doesn’t mention a replacement track, so it should be assumed that White will make him walk out to a dubstep remix of “Bodies” by Drowning Pool.

gently caress Dana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

RagingHematoma posted:

Punk ate a Stunner while sparring with a vanilla midget and he's gonna get squashed, brother.

• Locked thread