Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I think it looks good, maybe i dont play enough videogames to recognize bad graphics

I just hate that the entire skill in the wwe 2k games is how well you can time counters. And that there isn't a good ref distraction / cheating system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It was dumb, but I miss the heat seeking ref shield you could knock your opponent down with in SVR 2008.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I can't remember which one it was but the one that had a huge focus on tag team wrestling was one of my favorites because they really changed the whole tag team system. 2k 16 had the worst tag team mechanics, And they only had like 3 tag team animations for entrances.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I miss the (very simple) ground and pound from 2008 or thereabouts. You could just savagely beat on your opponent's face.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Those are some ugly graphics.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sometimes I think "hey I should check out the new WWE game when it comes out" and then I come here and remember that haha nevermind there's Kevin Owens hanging from a briefcase and staring off into the distance like he just remembered something terrible he did in junior high.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Sometimes I think "hey I should check out the new WWE game when it comes out" and then I come here and remember that haha nevermind there's Kevin Owens hanging from a briefcase and staring off into the distance like he just remembered something terrible he did in junior high.

I'm Dean Ambrose standing in the corner like I'm in the ending of the Blair Witch Project.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I'd actually consider this a selling point, just not at $60. I'm sure it'll be good for a laugh in a year when Humble gives it to me in a $10 bundle or something.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

This belongs here and ya'll should RT the poo poo out of it for KFG

https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/773939685878104064

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
When I joked about them bringing back 2k14's graphics I thought I was exaggerating for comic effect.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Nut Bunnies posted:

Those games are still fun and wildly better than the majority of wrestling games released since 2000

Agree to disagree. I find them horribly clunky and slow.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
New video showing more of the areas in the crowd and backstage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtEe2MUZ0Og

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The lighting is noticeably better but that's about it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The tension, the drama! This is electric.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I will admit it's kind of cool to see Jericho and Renee run away from the interview area as Zayn and Reigns come through.

And HHH standing there stoically as two guys fight before him.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Wrestling matches in real life are usually boring when they go backstage, why would they double down on that in the video game

I love that you can get so separated from your opponent that it has to go into split screen. This is electric!!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Does anyone have a recent Fire Pro Wrestling Returns save? I want to get back into it, but am way too lazy to try to make the modern WWE roster in it.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

Does anyone have a recent Fire Pro Wrestling Returns save? I want to get back into it, but am way too lazy to try to make the modern WWE roster in it.
Fire Pro Arena is the current place to go to get your saves. Hope you find what your looking for. DKJM does some good work.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

How long before a 2K game is released do they announce the DLC?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

remusclaw posted:

Fire Pro Arena is the current place to go to get your saves. Hope you find what your looking for. DKJM does some good work.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/

Awesome, thank you!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

In a funny bit of coincidence, Alberto Del Rio is in 2K17, having just left a month before its release. He isn't in 2k16, he re-entered the WWE 2 days before it released.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 12, 2016

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Not a wrestling game, but a bunch of New Japan guys will appear in Yakuza 6.

e: missed the post in the NJ thread. May as well crosspost, I suppose :v:

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 14, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
How does storyline heat work in TEW? I kicked off a storyline between Cesaro and Jericho, it had exactly one segment that was rated "A", but it has a "B" heat rating

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Might have to do with their respective momentums, or even with card position. I'm not sure how it works with TEW2016.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tew16 seems to take everything into account on everything. if either of them have a belt and its prestige is lower than the storyline segment, maybe that could penalize the story. individual popularity might affect it too if one of their's (poor Cesaro) is lower than the segment. the in game handbook is pretty shallow on storyline and I couldn't find anything on greydog's forums about it so I'm just guessing based on my own storyline attempts

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Unless something changed between editions, storyline heat only affects whether a storyline helps to meet minimum requirements that popularity-driven feds impose.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

Unless something changed between editions, storyline heat only affects whether a storyline helps to meet minimum requirements that popularity-driven feds impose.

I thought it also helped give guys a boost when you end the storyline. Or is that momentum?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I imagine it's got to be pretty marginal, all things considered. At least, if you game the storyline system (and there's no real reason not to) a guy you push consistently will have a rocket strapped to their momentum at the end of a storyline, whether it's high card or low card. If you can use the new "hire local jobbers for a night" feature in tandem with storylines, then there's no reason why any low-card worker you've got the slightest interest in shouldn't be constantly squashing geeks

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

triplexpac posted:

I thought it also helped give guys a boost when you end the storyline. Or is that momentum?

That was the way it worked in '13. With '16 it's supposedly more organic changing as the storyline changes rather than a payoff at the end.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

dsriggs posted:

Not a wrestling game, but a bunch of New Japan guys will appear in Yakuza 6.

e: missed the post in the NJ thread. May as well crosspost, I suppose :v:

Are they appearing as themselves or will they just be obvious homages?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Are they appearing as themselves or will they just be obvious homages?

Previous Yakuza games have gone both ways, I think. 5 has a TV chef basically as himself, but they've also had female celebrities 'as' hostesses at clubs in-game.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So I guess this is a thing.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chikara-action-arcade-wrestling-video-game-videogames#/

It being on Indiegogo does not fill me with much confidence.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

So I guess this is a thing.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chikara-action-arcade-wrestling-video-game-videogames#/

It being on Indiegogo does not fill me with much confidence.

It's the third game in the Action Arcade Wrestling series. They are OK for what they are, which is a budget ($1-2$) wrestling game. I have got the first 2 on X-Box live arcade, they were a fun diversion for a bit, but really don't have any kind of staying power.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 17, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The main thing I know about Action Arcade Wrestling is that you can resize things infinitely so you can make your character completely encased inside a 15 foot ball that is technically your afro.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
2K is announcing DLC characters for 2k17 on Twitter right now

So far

- Mojo Rawley
- Austin Aries
- Tye Dillinger
- Guns and Gallows
- the Godfather
- Papa Shango
- Kerry Von Erich
- Eddie Guerrero

Lmao at Godfather AND Papa Shango

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 21, 2016

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Last time Shango was in a game it was WWF Royal Rumble on the Genesis.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Eddie feels like he should be in the game already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Blast Fantasto posted:

Lmao at Godfather AND Papa Shango

No Kama: The Supreme Fighting Machine? Booooo 2k