Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
It's the Lost Mace of Corswain. Maybe be lost it and had to use the sword :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

It's the Lost Mace of Corswain. Maybe be lost it and had to use the sword :downsrim:
He lost that sword too. In Kurze's back. :black101:

Dude just left weapons all over the place, I guess.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

:siren: SPACE HULK - DEATHWING - NOVEMBER 2016 :siren:

This is definitely going to get my money, I'm just waiting on a real gameplay video or something. Pre-ordering gets you the Mace of Corswain which is odd because I thought he used a sword. :spergin:

So glad they used the good trailer for the autoplay video. That song fits so well.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Great stuff so far SRM.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Which book states that daemons can roll all their powers on their own table now?

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893
One more stupid question. I can't seem to find Swiftclaws in a box on their own. Same with scouts. I'm assuming that both of these are just bought via a regular Bike Squad (or scout squad) and then I can add Space Wolf bits to the bikers at my leisure / paint them accordingly. Is that correct?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Anasurimbur posted:

One more stupid question. I can't seem to find Swiftclaws in a box on their own. Same with scouts. I'm assuming that both of these are just bought via a regular Bike Squad (or scout squad) and then I can add Space Wolf bits to the bikers at my leisure / paint them accordingly. Is that correct?

Yup.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

At the end of the game I think there was my Thunderfire cannon left and that was it. I assume after the battle, the crews of the Wyverns were put on trial for war crimes.

You're just jealous because my small blasts were better than your small blasts.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
SRM do the boards at NOVA get better the longer you last in tournaments? I thought one of the perks of going to something like that was getting to play with super nice boards and terrain but your pictures make it look like you are not even playing on a FAT mat. I get that there are a lot of people playing 40k...but I would think war game companies would use these events to try and push their boards/mats.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

JesusIsTehCool posted:

SRM do the boards at NOVA get better the longer you last in tournaments? I thought one of the perks of going to something like that was getting to play with super nice boards and terrain but your pictures make it look like you are not even playing on a FAT mat. I get that there are a lot of people playing 40k...but I would think war game companies would use these events to try and push their boards/mats.

Can't speak for NOVA but if SRM was playing people from this forum I assume they grabbed open tables and all the good stuff would be relegated for open events. At Adepticon you pretty much start on scrub tables and the more heavily terrain littered ones were towards the top players.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Uroboros posted:

Can't speak for NOVA but if SRM was playing people from this forum I assume they grabbed open tables and all the good stuff would be relegated for open events. At Adepticon you pretty much start on scrub tables and the more heavily terrain littered ones were towards the top players.

Some of the other game systems supplied mats - Malifaux I think had one for every table, and X-Wing had great mats and asteroids for terrain - but for 40k most of the tables tend to look similar to this. The top maybe 20 are better, and then some of the special events had nicer table setups.

Here's a quick photo I took of the million-dollar Apoc game:

You can just catch one of the 4 Warlord titans in that photo, I'm sure there are better ones floating around.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JesusIsTehCool posted:

The 30k events had way better tables, and there were some great 40k GT tables but not many. I saw a handful of Realm of Battle and Tablescapes tables, as well as some scratchbuilt tables and a bunch of FAT mats. When you've got hundreds of games going on at once, you're not always gonna get the best terrain, but everything I saw was painted and the tables usually had a decent amount of terrain on them. The Lord of the Rings tables were amazing, and the Sigmar tables were pretty nice too - that being said, there were like 10% as many of those tables as there were for 40k. Looking back through my photos I pretty much only took pictures of that million dollar 30k Apocalypse game though:

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

To see such an expensive model so terribly posed :gonk:

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
That is kind of surprising that 40k gets so little table love. Fantasy is cool and all but 40k has such a rich visual architecture you would think it would draw more of the artistic type to make tables for it.

Really curious about what these two are talking about.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
That conflict looks bizarre on a 60' x 4' table.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Ghazk posted:

That conflict looks bizarre on a 60' x 4' table.

10 - 30 foot weapons, massive apocalypse battles, hey lets start 2" apart ok?

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
First whirlwind complete. Went a bit overboard on the soot.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Really dig the white stripes comboed with the yellow. Nice!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Looks great. Makes me think of my Warhound.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JesusIsTehCool posted:

"For the last time, Phil, the swastikas are sixes, not ones!"
or
"If your dice hit my models again, I'm going to take this die and shove it so far in your peehole you'll be pissing ones all week!"

Dazzling.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 8, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Speckled Jim posted:

That's a lovely yellow.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Snollygoster posted:

I'm a Dark Eldar player and I feel like Commorragh and a few Hive Fleets should get together and crowdfund for assault grenades for our melee dudes.

The poo poo of it is, Dark Eldar used to HAVE them. Then the 2014 codex turned phantasm grenade launchers into stupid fart guns that have no effect on more than half of the player base's armies. I just want nice rules for my nice miniatures. :(

This is the sort of thing I'm convinced was a mistake or omission. No-one in any communications with GW has "corrected" me when I've used that language. So no-one who takes that upgrade doesn't have assault grenades :colbert:

Also, GW was kind enough to drop the Ork 5+ invulnerable save upgrade to 5 points! :shepicide:

Ilor posted:

You know throwing darts is a popular pub-time leisure activity in the UK, right? I don't view this fact and the points values for 40K units to be in any way coincidental.

Explains the Wraithknight costing just 20 points more than a Morkanaut with a KFF.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So I'm kitting out a "heavy weapons" Deathwatch Veteran squad with storm shields up front to try and keep the important dudes alive. At what number of shields does it turn from extra protection to wasted points?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Floppychop posted:

So I'm kitting out a "heavy weapons" Deathwatch Veteran squad with storm shields up front to try and keep the important dudes alive. At what number of shields does it turn from extra protection to wasted points?

I think you generally want two shields. That gives you bi-directional coverage and the ability to take 2 hard-to-deal wounds before losing a heavy weapon. Past that and I think you're wasting points on extra wounds (and probably better off adding a transport over more shields).

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

JesusIsTehCool posted:

"You heartless bastard. Those men had lives, families, hopes and dreams. Snuffed out because you rolled a six"

I like the swastika suggestion best. I think in actuality the face on Righty suggests Left is explaining a rule that he pehaps feels is bullshit and is considering the order in which the words "OP"' "cheese" and "unfair" appear in his response.

SRM thanks for sharing the pics.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
Have any of the UK hamms here subscribed to the Warhammer 40,000 Legends series? Here is a link to the homepage: http://warhammer40klegends.com/home. If yes, have you received it yet and is it any good?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Speckled Jim posted:

This thing's sharp as gently caress, I wouldn't change a thing about it.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Confirmation's out that the new Chaos powers in Traitor's Hate are exactly the same as the Librarius Powers in the Angels of Death Supplement. Also, no new relics, and no rules for Kharn to join Khorne Daemonkin (seriously, wtf GW). Overall, kind of disappointing. Still going to run the poo poo out of that Raptor formation, though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sob....

I mean lol.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

Confirmation's out that the new Chaos powers in Traitor's Hate are exactly the same as the Librarius Powers in the Angels of Death Supplement. Also, no new relics, and no rules for Kharn to join Khorne Daemonkin (seriously, wtf GW). Overall, kind of disappointing. Still going to run the poo poo out of that Raptor formation, though.

Well, I never read the AoD supplement so at least they'll be new to me!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Emperor damnit

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Traitor's Hate is the low effort release of the year. :effortless:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Even the name is an incredibly low-effort pun. :geno:

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893
I'm so afraid of being unable to get these mold lines effectively cut down. I don't want to screw the model over by removing detail.

Noobie problems.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Just gently scrape at the mold line with the back of an xacto blade. I've never had a problem with it removing detail.

Except when it's on something like plasma gun coils or ribbed tubing it can't really get the "valleys". But I'm not that good of painter that that little bit is going to ruin the model.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Ghost Hand, did you guys do an IC episode about starting 40k from scratch? The episode where you talk about doing it on the cheap was helpful and I enjoy listening even though I've never touched the game.

As a bit of a trip report from DragonCon:
I had hoped to spectate some games of 40k or at least gawk at people's minis, but never caught an active game in the open gaming area. I also could not find a so single dealer's both selling Warhammer anything aside from the Games Workshop booth. GW was selling exclusively Forge World stuff, which I understand but was kind of disappointing. As someone currently just interested in painting minis and then maybe moving into the actual game, buying Forge World stuff for me would be like learning to cook with Kobe beef.

On a much more positive note, my wife and I stopped by the mini paint and take and had lots of fun. I painted a Space Marine with garrish X-Men Sentinel colors and it looks about as bad as you'd expect a first time painting job with bad colors. OTOH I was actually pretty impressed with the job my wife did as a first time mini painter.

She's got zero interest in Warhammer or wargaming but I pointed her off to Reaper Bones minis since fantasy stuff is more her thing. Even though mine was a mess it was still a fun/soothing thing to paint so I'm still on the lookout for a cheap pack of infantry dudes to start in on.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

Lord Thrust posted:

Have any of the UK hamms here subscribed to the Warhammer 40,000 Legends series? Here is a link to the homepage: http://warhammer40klegends.com/home. If yes, have you received it yet and is it any good?

So I'm assuming by the resounding silence that the answer is no. With that, are there any U.K. Hamms on here willing to help a U.S. brother out with getting his hands on a subscription? They only deliver to the U.K. and Ireland. We would have to work out logistics and recompense, of course.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Not bad at all for a first time painting. Did you get any advice or did they just give you the parts and paint and say 'have at it'? I ask because the paints seem a bit too thick, which can fill up detail (like in the helmet grill) and show brush strokes (the pads).

Its easier than it sounds; if its oil or acrylic paint you just put some paint in a disposable cup with your brush, then mix a few drops of water at a time until the paint has a milky consistency.

You can also use small amounts of unthinned paint and stretch it across large surfaces, but you have to work a lot faster before any large amounts dry.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Thrust posted:

So I'm assuming by the resounding silence that the answer is no. With that, are there any U.K. Hamms on here willing to help a U.S. brother out with getting his hands on a subscription? They only deliver to the U.K. and Ireland. We would have to work out logistics and recompense, of course.

That only just popped up today so I figure it's a little soon for many people to have subscribed to it. Why the interest though? All the books are available elsewhere, usually cheap and used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Lord Thrust posted:

I have subscribed because I'm an idiot who hates money, I'll trip report when I get some of the issues/free gifts.

• Locked thread