Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm on my phone right now but KT just announced Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru and Toukiden 2 are coming overseas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Policenaut posted:

I'm on my phone right now but KT just announced Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru and Toukiden 2 are coming overseas.

And my long wait for a steam port begins.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh on the first and cool on the second.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Xarbala posted:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Xarbala posted:

Toukiden was ported fairly quickly I thought?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Mokinokaro posted:

Toukiden was ported fairly quickly I thought?

March/April for the consoles, June/July for Steam.

Toukiden2 is real good and will probably look amazing on steam where it wont have to suffer from frame drops (there are so many particle effects that even on ps4 you get classic slowdown, which idk if i love or am appalled at)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, cool.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just hope that Toukiden 2 is 60 feeps on PC and also isn't a broken mess like that Bladestorm game.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Emalde posted:

March/April for the consoles, June/July for Steam.

Toukiden2 is real good and will probably look amazing on steam where it wont have to suffer from frame drops (there are so many particle effects that even on ps4 you get classic slowdown, which idk if i love or am appalled at)

Have TK finally started porting the proper versions of games to Steam? I remember original Toukiden was a port of the Vita version, but it looked like Arslan and Samurai Warriors 4 Empires were decent ports.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
It's a niche game were 90%+ of their market base is consoles/handheld. Play it on console/handheld please.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe don't play Toukiden 2 on a handheld though.... Unless you're streaming it from your PS4 anyway

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Actually play it on whatever is convenient for you.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Belzac posted:

It's a niche game were 90%+ of their market base is consoles/handheld. Play it on console/handheld please.

The last console I owned was a ZX Spectrum and even though I love Warriors I'm not getting another (shittier) machine to play it on.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Belzac posted:

This fits for Touki1, but Touki2 was very much designed almost entirely ground-up for console play and will benefit massively from a pc port IMO

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

FanaticalMilk posted:

Have TK finally started porting the proper versions of games to Steam? I remember original Toukiden was a port of the Vita version, but it looked like Arslan and Samurai Warriors 4 Empires were decent ports.

4-II, right?

(I'm only correcting because drat do I want a Steam version of Empires.)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Belzac posted:

I mean I don't have a Vita or PS4 and only ever play online with my steam friends, and we're all all currently playing God Eater PC, so

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes, it has more of a fast action game feel and is less slow and deliberate overall.
I mean the actual controls are fairly similar, it just doesn't take half an hour to do anything.
Also the janky MH item system is replaced with something much more intuitive, and there's a lot of QoL stuff like not having to sheath your weapon to run (who thought that was a good idea?) and being able to lock on to enemies. Also, your teammates are cool and good and actually useful.

Speedball posted:

It's been a long time since I played a good Spider-Man game. One with swords and chopping the necks of naked giants off is a welcome change of pace!
You might want to look into Freedom Wars, which also contains spider-manning and chopping limbs off of giant robots. A lot of the enemies are un-fun to fight (too much stomping and charging and shaking you off, and if there's more than one of the big enemies on a map it gets real ugly real fast. Also, endlessly respawning human enemies can go gently caress themselves), but the actual gameplay is pretty fun, there's a good variety of weapons, and the game does a good job of creating the proper atmosphere for the setting.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

U.T. Raptor posted:

Also the janky MH item system is replaced with something much more intuitive, and there's a lot of QoL stuff like not having to sheath your weapon to run (who thought that was a good idea?) and being able to lock on to enemies. Also, your teammates are cool and good and actually useful.

Weren't you ever taught to never run with a knife :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to Toukiden 2 and I'll probably wait to see the PC port. I don't plan on getting a PS4 anytime soon. I'd like to get it on the Vita because Monster Hunter-alikes are extremely my jam but it's looking like Toukiden 2 has a little too much going on for the little handheld that couldn't

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

U.T. Raptor posted:

You might want to look into Freedom Wars, which also contains spider-manning and chopping limbs off of giant robots. A lot of the enemies are un-fun to fight (too much stomping and charging and shaking you off, and if there's more than one of the big enemies on a map it gets real ugly real fast. Also, endlessly respawning human enemies can go gently caress themselves), but the actual gameplay is pretty fun, there's a good variety of weapons, and the game does a good job of creating the proper atmosphere for the setting.

I have played Freedom Wars, but I never got too far into it. The premise was pretty hilariously grim; a prisoner who's essentially a slave working off an infinite amount of time and you get docked for every little violation. Attacking the giant robots was interesting but it got a bit samey. And none of the guns seemed half as useful as the swords!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I love Freedom Wars but the endgame for it is hilariously awful once you get into the high tiers of upgrading, like easily the worst of any major hunting action game. The entire system is built around grinding for the specific weapon that you want to turn into a death machine, waiting until the game drops a super high rarity version of it so it has as many skill slots as possible, while also making sure it has the right initial damage values to indicate that it'll grow up properly to be a super powered "late bloomer" weapon, then taking it to your upgrade facilities that require all these super valuable mats that you dump into your weapon, wait in real time for upwards of potentially hours, and the end result is getting a skill that's somewhat randomized and may in fact overwrite a previously earned skill so you just waited 4 hours in hopes to get Power Up XL but instead you get like Lightning Damage L and it overwrites your Power Up L. The only real way to get around it is to have PS+ cloud saving so you can save scum the gently caress out of it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
FW was a game that sorely needed a G version but sadly it never happened.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The fact that souped up Egg Carrying was a major mission type in FW really soured it for me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Newest Musou game announced for PS4/Vita in 2017: Musou Stars. Apparently a big cross-over game featuring all their big KT brands.

Teased that yes DW9 is coming.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Super hype for Musou Stars.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I appreciate Sophie retaining her style, unlike the odd realistic Sterk in WO3U.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Madness! Here's hoping that they include Bladestorm characters, as I always wanted a traditional musou game with them.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I'm honestly surprised it took 6 years to go from WO3 to just a full crossover game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna main Sophie all day everyday

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

DaveCG posted:

Madness! Here's hoping that they include Bladestorm characters, as I always wanted a traditional musou game with them.

Well, Joan was in WO3 (and pretty busted) so hey.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I never knew I wanted this but now I have to have it. Any chance of a PC release?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMBSSRqzR70

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Hope there's an NX release with exclusive Zelda characters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
KT doing what they do best.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Pretty sure that was Opoona at the end, the weird Wii RPG thing they did almost ten years ago, I am hyped.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Any word on if it'll get a western release?

Bought Attack on Titan, Wings of Freedom. It's so much fun. Koei nailed the gameplay down.
Gives me high hopes for Berserk.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Koei localises absolutely everything now so I would be exceptionally surprised if they didn't.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Wheres Bo?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Bo knows dynasty warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yoshimoto is going to teach Bo kemari and then he'll dominate kemari too. The ball will never touch the ground again