Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FishBulb posted:

This game is so dead. Can't get a PVP match with full teams no matter what. Super lame.

Maintenance started 5 minutes ago, everyone is either waiting offline or in the process of getting booted. It's going to take the whole rest of the day so go do something fun outdoors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
I think the servers are shutting down and this is also when normal people work and also school is back in session

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

I think the servers are shutting down and this is also when normal people work and also school is back in session

None of those things are stuff that goons do.

Unless bitching at your mom for yelling down the stairs to take out the trash counts as work.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Unless bitching at your mom for yelling down the stairs to take out the trash counts as work.

ow my back

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

xzzy posted:

None of those things are stuff that goons do.

I'm sorry I keep forgetting to mute my mic.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

haveblue posted:

Maintenance started 5 minutes ago, everyone is either waiting offline or in the process of getting booted. It's going to take the whole rest of the day so go do something fun outdoors.

Yeah I know I was talking about last night and yesterday and just recently in general.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It's pretty well known that people stop playing games just prior to release of an expansion because they realize they're just spinning the wheels. It's also why people hold off on buying a new car or a new whatever until the new models are released. Consumers and gamers in general are mostly stupid but they still follow basic rewards patterns

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Let's all bitch about Microsoft for a minute. Can anyone, by starting at this link:

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Xbox-One-games/categoryID.69405600

Get to this page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/destiny-rise-of-iron-pre-order/c3tbg0pc3fc9

How can a company that runs a web search engine make their own website so lovely at finding a thing I want to buy?

(only way I could get to the pre-order page was to click a link on bungie.net)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
Buy it through your console

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The console store isn't much better when you have to type searches with a thumbstick.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

The console store isn't much better when you have to type searches with a thumbstick.

How do you not have a Kinect attached to your Premium XBOX One Home Entertainment System? Did you buy it used like some kind of poor?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
Use the Kinect or smartglass

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
How do I buy gaem

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I bought the no-kinect xbox because the kinect is stupid and only dorks have one.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
poor spotted

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Kinect was p good before Cortana

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Someone's bitter they got suckered into buying a kinect.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Kinect was p good before Cortana

This is the only good thing to come from a kinect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWZLa4AnN5k&t=24s

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Someone's bitter they got suckered into buying a kinect.

not at all. with my kinect sensor for xbox one premium home entertainment system i am the controller. i am the game.

XBOX. SKYPE MOM.

bring cheetos downstairs before this match starts

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

I bought the no-kinect xbox because the kinect is stupid and only dorks have one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

not at all. with my kinect sensor for xbox one premium home entertainment system i am the controller. i am the game.

XBOX. SKYPE MOM.

bring cheetos downstairs before this match starts

Clean out the cat box and maybe you'll get a copy of Kung-Fu for Kinect in your christmas stocking this year! :buddy:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Clean out the cat box and maybe you'll get a copy of Kung-Fu for Kinect in your christmas stocking this year! :buddy:

gently caress you, mom. I'm too busy BECOMING LEGEND.

XBOX. TAKE A SCREENSHOT.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
uh saying "xbox record that" was loving ownage and let everyone in party chat know you were about to drop some dope poo poo into the news feed. having to double tap the home button and then hit x is the worst poo poo ever because half the time you just go to home instead because you tapped it in the wrong cadence and were out of game for like 10 seconds. or worse now you say okay cortana record that and it takes like 20 seconds to record, which cuts off your sick vid.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

It's pretty well known that people stop playing games just prior to release of an expansion because they realize they're just spinning the wheels. It's also why people hold off on buying a new car or a new whatever until the new models are released. Consumers and gamers in general are mostly stupid but they still follow basic rewards patterns

I mean obviously but I feel like there are probably more than 11 people playing control last night and they could loosen up something to get us a full team...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So yesterday I finally got my Warlock up to 335, got the Black Spindle with a clutch stormtroopers, and got a 335 Tread Upon Stars with crowd control and explosive rounds. I'm ready to become an Iron Lord.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

uh saying "xbox record that" was loving ownage and let everyone in party chat know you were about to drop some dope poo poo into the news feed. having to double tap the home button and then hit x is the worst poo poo ever because half the time you just go to home instead because you tapped it in the wrong cadence and were out of game for like 10 seconds. or worse now you say okay cortana record that and it takes like 20 seconds to record, which cuts off your sick vid.

I've lost so many sick rear end clips to loving up the double tap, but I refuse to actually get a kinect.
Cortana, eat it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Weapon Tuning update
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45154/

quote:

Fabian Strategy - Kills with this weapon now automatically load a portion of the magazine
Increased base range (+16%) and stability (+44%)

Thorn - Reduced base range by 25%

UR - Exotic Perk range bonus reduced by 75% (no longer guarantees maximum shotgun range)
Increased rate of fire (lowers damage as a secondary effect)

Dreg's Promise - Increased damage by 8%
Increased magazine size by 3

Touch of Malice’s self-damage infliction now removes Blessing of Light

Boolean Gemini - Added intrinsic perk High Caliber Rounds

No Time to Explain - Added intrinsic perk Headseeker

Roman fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 8, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Touch of Malice nerf? What's that going to accomplish besides breaking everyone's Oryx strats?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

quote:

Pulse Rifles
With high rate of fire Pulse Rifles being strong contenders in the crucible, we put our lens on the mid and low rate of fire models, nudging them slightly forward while still maintaining Pulses around the three burst kill.

Increased rate of fire for the Hakke Pulse Rifle Lyudmila-D
Minor increase (2%) to damage for middle rate of fire family Pulse Rifles (Nirwen's Mercy)
Our hawksaws and aegises are safe it seems

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Touch of Malice nerf? What's that going to accomplish besides breaking everyone's Oryx strats?

Gotta make sure people stop cheesing a raid that will never be visited again in about 12 days.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So pumped about that Boolean Gemini buff.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

There's a new raid coming, ToM and Blessing probably broke things in there.

I'm ready to melt some dudes with the Fabio Strategy tonight

Also bust out my old friend Lyudmila-D but it'll probably still be awful even with a faster fire rate

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

eat poo poo snipers

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hulk Krogan posted:

So pumped about that Boolean Gemini buff.

It's interesting. Might make it worth using.

deadwing posted:

There's a new raid coming, ToM and Blessing probably broke things in there.

I'm ready to melt some dudes with the Fabio Strategy tonight

Why are we thinking tonight? Have they said that about the patch.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

It's interesting. Might make it worth using.

Why are we thinking tonight? Have they said that about the patch.

Patch is available after maintenance today

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

haveblue posted:

Doesn't touch of malice take out blessing already? What would that change?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

deadwing posted:

Patch is available after maintenance today

Right, but the weapons stuff too? I thought they said it was coming with the expansion

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MarshyMcFly posted:

Doesn't touch of malice take out blessing already? What would that change?

ToM chips away at blessing like any other damage, it sounds like they changed it so it instantly takes all the blessing and goes after your normal shield/health.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully the patch unlocks teaser events for the expansion too. This is usually when they sneak that stuff in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Right, but the weapons stuff too? I thought they said it was coming with the expansion

I think instead of a handful of shots eating it down, the first eradicates it? Which ostensibly can be countered by simply dipping in and out of the bubble an extra time or two, to heal? (I'm not a Defender, idk) Which means this change will only be an issue for anyone who is simultaneously blind, an idiot, and not paying attention?

• Locked thread