Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Bit of a long-shot but is anyone here using a European NNID set to their 3DS and using a card issued outside of Europe?

After about 5 years of successfully using my Australian cards on the Ireland Eshop they no longer work. I last used it probably 4-5 months ago, I can't remember exactly.

My 3DS is stuck on the Ireland Eshop now so I guess I have to make do with buying Euro codes online. I guess I can be thankful the system is near the end of its life and it won't hit my wallet too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Final Fight SNES suuuuucks.

S'truth. It has not held up well at all. When it came out, I remember thinking, "Oh poo poo, it's like having an arcade at home!" :w00t: I didn't realize how cut up it was. What are your thoughts on Final Fights 2 and 3?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

jtm33 posted:

Bit of a long-shot but is anyone here using a European NNID set to their 3DS and using a card issued outside of Europe?

After about 5 years of successfully using my Australian cards on the Ireland Eshop they no longer work. I last used it probably 4-5 months ago, I can't remember exactly.

My 3DS is stuck on the Ireland Eshop now so I guess I have to make do with buying Euro codes online. I guess I can be thankful the system is near the end of its life and it won't hit my wallet too hard.

while I am a filthy american, at least double check that your own bank isn't blocking the charges for some reason. they like to do that sometimes, especially for international purchases.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Wamdoodle posted:

S'truth. It has not held up well at all. When it came out, I remember thinking, "Oh poo poo, it's like having an arcade at home!" :w00t: I didn't realize how cut up it was. What are your thoughts on Final Fights 2 and 3?

Spots of 3 are super fun. I haven't gone back in a while but that was my favorite SNES one. Still tho if you have a 3ds there's no reason to get those when you've got Streets of Rage right there.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'll have some money left after I get Spirit of Justice - that Horse Solitaire game was supposed to be pretty good, right?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

I'll have some money left after I get Spirit of Justice - that Horse Solitaire game was supposed to be pretty good, right?

The demo on the eshop is fairly generous, I'd try that so that you can become hopelessly addicted try it out.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Boten Anna posted:

while I am a filthy american, at least double check that your own bank isn't blocking the charges for some reason. they like to do that sometimes, especially for international purchases.

I'll second this as a filthy not-American who now lives in America, which is actually fairly clean. I had been buying games on GOG for years and years without incident, and then one day a few years ago it blocked my purchases because, even though the company is based in Poland, their billing is done through Cyprus and the bank apparently had an onset of raci... I mean concern due to the unrest in Greece.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

I'll second this as a filthy not-American who now lives in America, which is actually fairly clean. I had been buying games on GOG for years and years without incident, and then one day a few years ago it blocked my purchases because, even though the company is based in Poland, their billing is done through Cyprus and the bank apparently had an onset of raci... I mean concern due to the unrest in Greece.

I had to call my bank once because I spent $100 on PSN domestically so yeah poo poo's weird :shrug:

My favorite was when allofmp3 was a thing and I had to call my bank a couple of times to be like "yes I want to send $30 to the Russian mafia"

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

Huh... I woke up this morning to several SMS messages asking me if I tried to make purchases from Nintendo of Europe. Never seen that one before! They blocked it on both of my cards and sent the SMS messages 8 hours later.

Banks are weird.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/773973311139086337

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

:perfect:

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I feel like enough people aren't celebrating the first portable release of the best non-Metroidvania Castlevania.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Getsuya posted:

I feel like enough people aren't celebrating the first portable release of the best non-Metroidvania Castlevania.

rondo of blood came out for the psp years ago

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Actually my favorite has always been Bloodlines for some reason but I've given up on hoping for a remake/rerelease of that.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone tried out Jotun? The PC version got great reviews, so hopefully it was a smooth transition to the WiiU

I finished Axiom Verge the other night, a few people weren't so hot on the game but I thoroughly enjoyed it- especially the music. Big thumbs up from me

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Does this mean Maya is back to troll the poo poo out of Phoenix? I was gonna wait for a sale a few months down the road, but now I feel my hands are tied.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

enojy posted:

Does this mean Maya is back to troll the poo poo out of Phoenix? I was gonna wait for a sale a few months down the road, but now I feel my hands are tied.

Maya is indeed finally back, yes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
drat I forgot how good the French localization for Paper Mario was, Goombario talks in verlan with some Arabic slang

Zarma

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Huh! Spirit of Justice is only 25 quid! Is it as long as the others?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

Huh! Spirit of Justice is only 25 quid! Is it as long as the others?
Yep, same as Dual Destinies

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Cat Machine posted:

Yep, same as Dual Destinies

Duel Destinies had one micro-case though (Four was only two court scenes if I recall?). Still not bad though!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Final Fight suuuuucks.

Indeed. Buy the superior games in the genre, Streets of Rage 1 and 2, for only 2.50 each.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Kurtofan posted:

drat I forgot how good the French localization for Paper Mario was, Goombario talks in verlan with some Arabic slang

Zarma

Is that translation available on the Wii U VC? Because I just purchased the original N64 Paper Mario when it was on sale a month or so ago. That sounds incredible.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

jtm33 posted:

Huh... I woke up this morning to several SMS messages asking me if I tried to make purchases from Nintendo of Europe. Never seen that one before! They blocked it on both of my cards and sent the SMS messages 8 hours later.

Banks are weird.

8 hours?! Holy lolly. If someone WAS stealing your card that's... way too long to notify you.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Getsuya posted:

Actually my favorite has always been Bloodlines for some reason but I've given up on hoping for a remake/rerelease of that.

It's weird they didn't put it on the Wii's Virtual Console while MD games on there was still a thing. I wonder if there was a reason for it or if it was just Konami being Konami

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of September 15):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Just Dance 2017 (demo)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Futuridium EP Deluxe - €7.99 / £5.99 until September 22, standard price €999 / £7.99 (cross-buy)
    Gear Gauntlet - €9.99 / £7.99
    Aenigma Os - €6.49 / £4.99
    Brick Breaker - €4.99 / £4.49
    Grand Prix Rock 'n Racing - €4.95/£4.45 until September 22, standard price €7.99/£7.19
    MikroGame: Rotator - €1.99 / £1.89
    Shooty Space - €2.99 / £2.69
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €9.99 / £8.99 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for Wii U + 3DS
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Metroid Prime Hunters - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Jotun Valhalla Edition - €13.49 / £10.79 until September 15
    Mighty no.9 (Wii U) - €15.99 / £14.39, Rey DLC on sale until September 15
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 for owners of Legend of Kurasaki until September 22
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.00 until September 29

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    DRAGON QUEST VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past - €39.99 / £34.99 (September 16, includes theme)
NEW 3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Futuridium EP Deluxe - €7.99 / £5.99 until September 22, standard price €999 / £7.99 (cross-buy)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Splat The Difference - €5.00 / £4.50
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €14.99 / £13.49 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for 3DS + Wii U
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Costume Bundle - free until September 15, standard price €0.99 / £0.89
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice "Add-On Content" - €3.99 / £3.59, includes menu theme via "go to theme shop" button in the DLC
3DS MENU THEMES
    Yokai Watch: Komasan - €1.99 / £1.79
    Yokai Watch: Komoajiro - €1.99 / £1.79
    Yokai Watch: Robonyan - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy any two Final Fight SNES games, get the third free! - ends September 22
    3D Fantasy Zone (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Gunstar Heroes (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Outrun (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Shinobi 3 (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Space Harrier (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Streets of Rage (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Streets of Rage 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Super Hang-On (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until September 18
    Cubemen 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £1.49 for owners of Legend of Kurasaki until September 22
    escapeVetor (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 for owners of Legend of Kurasaki until September 22
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch (3DS eShop) - €2.24 / £1.85 until September 22
    Legend of Dark Witch 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until September 22
    Iron Combat: War in the Air (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until September 29
    Steel Empire (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until September 29
    The Keep (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until September 29
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until September 29
    Zombie Incident (3DS eShop) - €1.49 / £1.49 until September 29
    Senran Kagura 2 (3DS eShop) - €17.99 / £14.99 from September 15-29
    Johnny's Payday Panic (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.49 from September 15-29
    Senran Kagura 2 (3DS eShop) - €17.99 / £14.99 from September 15-29
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.00 until September 29

I presume the Ace Attorney DLC is a new case but the PR doesn't say what it is or what it's called.

Get the good JRPG!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ace Attorney DLC within the first week? Nice cash grab Capcom. :rolleyes:

At least Spirit of Justice is only $29.99 instead of $39.99. Wasn't Dual Destinies full price when it came out?

And does Dragon Quest VII have one of those great 90's JRPG stories? I never played VII and really miss the grandiose poo poo Square used to put out.

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 12, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DD launched at $30 as well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They're 30 now because they're purely digital. It's nice!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's nothing great about DQ7, apart from the sheer length I guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

enojy posted:

At least Spirit of Justice is only $29.99 instead of $39.99. Wasn't Dual Destinies full price when it came out?

And does Dragon Quest VII have one of those great 90's JRPG stories? I never played VII and really miss the grandiose poo poo Square used to put out.

DQ is usually more reserved than other JRPGs but the story of VII is that the world has already been destroyed and you have to travel through time to save old communities and rebuild the world piece by piece

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

There's nothing great about DQ7, apart from the sheer length I guess.

I've heard the 3DS version is drastically retooled, fwiw.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

enojy posted:

Nitpick:
DQ was Enix. Dragon Quest games were always cozier and less grandiose than FF, but that's the charm to them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
But it was designed by Goku man!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

I've heard the 3DS version is drastically retooled, fwiw.

If they haven't turned it into a completely different game I'm sure it's still bad and boring.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hey guys I suspect that Sakurazuka might not like DQ7

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

But it was designed by Goku man!

The art direction, story, and warm fuzzy charming atmosphere are the series draws. Hey, guys, we're off on an adventure! :unsmith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked what I played DW7...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

enojy posted:

Nintendonews had this

"Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice September DLC Details

9/15 – “Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney” short story and 3DS theme ($3.99)
9/22 – “Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney” short story and 3DS theme ($3.99)
9/29 – “Turnabout Time Traveler” full-length extra episode ($5.99)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

To put it into perspective, the original DQ7 didn't put you into a battle until you played for like an hour. Xenosaga, a game that is plagued by hour long cutscenes, immediately throws you into a fight and a tutorial dungeon.

By the time the DQ7 wanted to start I couldn't imagine playing it ever again.