Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
edit: how did I get in this thread?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

So while we're waiting for the new season of episodes to start next week by suffering through a repeat of the awful "Power" Players Week, just wanted to let people know that the next Jeopardy test is coming up the first week of October, according to this: http://abc7ny.com/1501063/.

Registration starts next week, according to the same link. So if you're not currently in the pool, and want to be on the show, try it out. I can't try out again because it's a one and done if you've been on before, but for all those who think that they might be able to do better than me, mark your calendars!

At most I'll be able to get you a referral after you take the test if you think you did well enough! Might be a bit late with those referrals because my birthday is on the last day of the tests and New York Comic Con starts the next day, but I'm willing to give out Corinna's email if you guys think you deserve it. Might get you an audition and a slot on the show, as I think I remember someone here (Riptor?) saying that it helped him get on the show.

In other news, article written by a former Jeopardy! Teen Tournament contestant about the harassment faced by contestants and how it has to stop is worth a read here: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/stop-harassing-game-show-contestants.

I personally didn't receive any of this treatment after my own one and done appearance on Jeopardy! 2 years ago now, but I've seen a bunch of my fellow contestants, none of whom deserved it, subject to this from the peanut gallery. It's seriously gotta stop.

Know this: we Jeopardy! Contestants all have each others' back, and we do roll deep on social media. Don't be surprised if a bunch of us respond back if someone does go after one of us for the most superficial stuff. I've documented a couple of cases regarding people in the wilds of the Jeopardy Facebook page here in the past.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
don't mess with the J! Street Boyz

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Soothing Vapors posted:

don't mess with the J! Street Boyz

Requesting a Trebekz Homiez gangtag pls

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

jojoinnit posted:

No joke, I would totally get one of those if they were made.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Alex's Angels

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

gently caress arthur chu. i aint scared of him.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

GhostStalker posted:

Know this: we Jeopardy! Contestants all have each others' back, and we do roll deep on social media.

This is so nerdy even i wanna start cyberbullying J! conts.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG_KD0qd3Ik

wa27 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 8, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

zVxTeflon posted:

Meh, it probably came out wrong and was better suited for something like Facebook.

Still, whenever the peanut gallery does get too critical, a lot of former Jeopardy contestants do mobilize and come out to defend the person attacked, which was what I was trying to get at.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GhostStalker posted:

Still, whenever the peanut gallery does get too critical, a lot of former Jeopardy contestants do mobilize and come out to defend the person attacked, which was what I was trying to get at.

You're not really helping yourself here; "mobilize" suggests you're part of a secret society or some poo poo.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Yeah, nothing demands crushing nerds like signs that they're organizing and developing self-respect and dignity.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Eh, you know what he meant. He's mentioned former Jeopardy nerds hang out together online before, and people pick on them for the dumbest poo poo

Like annoying voice lady from a few months back, she was annoying and all and we bitched about it in our private little dead gay comedy website forum, and that's relatively harmless. But people were writing buzzfeed articles about her and twittering directly at her too, which is insane

jojoinnit posted:

I need this in my life

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

she shoulda fixed her voice years ago to be fair to article writers. just like arthur chu coulda ironed a single shirt or learned a single fact about sports.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

Eh, you know what he meant. He's mentioned former Jeopardy nerds hang out together online before, and people pick on them for the dumbest poo poo

Like annoying voice lady from a few months back, she was annoying and all and we bitched about it in our private little dead gay comedy website forum, and that's relatively harmless. But people were writing buzzfeed articles about her and twittering directly at her too, which is insane

Yeah, this. Most of the stuff peanut gallery people complain about is stupid dumb, but social media gives them a wide audience and a direct line to the people they're criticizing for that poo poo.

Groovelord Neato posted:

she shoulda fixed her voice years ago to be fair to article writers. just like arthur chu coulda ironed a single shirt or learned a single fact about sports.

Man, get outta here with that poo poo. They wanna win as much money as they can, not win approval from the peanut gallery. Though the sports thing is a fair cop.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 8, 2016

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
no more shakespeare categories

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GhostStalker posted:

Man, get outta here with that poo poo. They wanna win as much money as they can, not win approval from the peanut gallery. Though the sports thing is a fair cop.

ironing a shirt takes literally two minutes in your hotel room.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

GhostStalker posted:

People with gross habits may need some not so gentle encouragement to stop inflicting them on the innocent public. I didn't ask them to get on national TV and commit aesthetic crimes.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Number Ten Cocks posted:

People with gross habits may need some not so gentle encouragement to stop inflicting them on the innocent public. I didn't ask them to get on national TV and commit aesthetic crimes.

And Arthur Chu specifically did so when he returned for the Tournament of Champions.

Groovelord Neato posted:

ironing a shirt takes literally two minutes in your hotel room.

Maybe they got wrinkled on the shuttle bus ride over to the Sony studios. Or he didn't have time to make sure his shirt and collar were perfect when he was changing his clothes in the champion's closet in the Contestant Green Room during the short turnaround between taping of episodes. Or just didn't have time to iron shirts the night before when prepping for the show, because he didn't consider it as important. I dunno. They tell you to bring three changes of clothing, so perhaps he only had a couple of shirts with him or whatevs.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 8, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

c'mon dude

i can't imagine how he looked at the office if this was on national tv.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

GhostStalker posted:

Maybe they got wrinkled on the shuttle bus ride over to the Sony studios. Or he didn't have time to make sure his shirt and collar were perfect when he was changing his clothes in the champion's closet in the Contestant Green Room during the short turnaround between taping of episodes. Or just didn't have time to iron shirts the night before when prepping for the show, because he didn't consider it as important. I dunno. They tell you to bring three changes of clothing, so perhaps he only had a couple of shirts with him or whatevs.

The great thing about typing this response was that you could still do it with Arthur Chu's dick in your mouth. The great thing about Arthur Chu's dick is you can also talk with it in your mouth.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

c'mon dude

As I said, he pretty much fixed that when he came back for the ToC.

Also, I remember him looking really shlubby in YouTube videos and stuff he made after he won his money. He basically quit his job after winning big on the show, IIRC, so I guess he doesn't have to care much about that anymore, I guess.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

The great thing about typing this response was that you could still do it with Arthur Chu's dick in your mouth. The great thing about Arthur Chu's dick is you can also talk with it in your mouth.

Seriously, get outta here with that poo poo man. Love to see you as an impeccable human being standing at a contestant podium sometime soon, then we'll talk.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 8, 2016

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

c'mon dude

Noone dresses like that unless theyre trying to make a point about how much they dont care about looking good.

"heh fashion like sports is for dumb jocks"

poo poo i hope i didint trigger the 30 deep j crew

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Careful guys he's going to summon the Jeopardy crew to come kick our virtual asses

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
It's ok guys i lost on the show too you should keep poking fun

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Jeez guys save the thread drama for when the new season actually starts.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Careful guys he's going to summon the Jeopardy crew to come kick our virtual asses

Nah, they're mostly on Facebook/Twitter. You guys are cool to say whatever here.

zakharov posted:

Jeez guys save the thread drama for when the new season actually starts.

This. Monday can't come soon enough.

Also, as I said, online test is coming up next month. Sign up if you think you can do better than I did!

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 9, 2016

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

GhostStalker posted:

Nah, they're mostly on Facebook/Twitter. You guys are cool here.

please just stop man this is embarrassing

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Forget "What is Aleve", I'm looking forward to someone dropping "What is Aleppo"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

GhostStalker posted:

Also, as I said, online test is coming up next month. Sign up if you think you can do better than I did!

No it isn't?

Last test was January this year according to the website.

Oh yeah, there is also this:

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 9, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Wade Wilson posted:

No it isn't?

Last test was January this year according to the website.

Oh yeah, there is also this:

There was a press release put out by Sony or another company involved with the production of the show a couple days ago that confirmed that registration for the test was to begin with the new season, and that they were doing one so early to make up for excluding Canadians on the last go around after having worked out why they couldn't take it then.

At least, that's according to the Jeopardy blogs linked to me on Facebook and the link I posted above from the NY station airing Jeopardy. Same link say College tests are at the end of the month and regular ones are at the beginning of October.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 9, 2016

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

zVxTeflon posted:

Noone dresses like that unless theyre trying to make a point about how much they dont care about looking good.

"heh fashion like sports is for dumb jocks"

poo poo i hope i didint trigger the 30 deep j crew

his line was something like he was too busy having sex with his wife to learn about sports. somehow jocks are now the kissless virgins.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

GhostStalker posted:

There was a press release put out by Sony or another company involved with the production of the show a couple days ago that confirmed that registration for the test was to begin with the new season, and that they were doing one so early to make up for excluding Canadians on the last go around after having worked out why they couldn't take it then.

At least, that's according to the Jeopardy blogs linked to me on Facebook and the link I posted above from the NY station airing Jeopardy. Same link say College tests are at the end of the month and regular ones are at the beginning of October.

You'd think that if that were actually true the website that you go through to register for and take the test would be updated accordingly.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Wade Wilson posted:

You'd think that if that were actually true the website that you go through to register for and take the test would be updated accordingly.

I dunno what to say about that, but I did find the press release from the distribution arm of CBS, not Sony as I previously claimed, that confirms the October online test date. Guess they'll change it when registration opens on Monday? I dunno.

http://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-television-distribution/shows/jeopardy/releases/view?id=45984

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
i didn't make fun of ghoststalker up to this point because i thought we were just ignoring all the ridiculous jeopardy facebook updates out of politeness

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't like making fun of ghoststalker (he's a cool dude) it's just that several contestants on the show have been worthy of derision and it's kinda silly to say no guys don't do that.

the guy who deserves mocking was the guy earlier who was sarcastic about people making fun of a professional poker player's style on jeopardy. anyone who knows poo poo about poker knows there are annoying assholes worth mocking who do really well like jamie gold or justin schwartz. you're not immune to being made fun of because you're successful.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Everyone needs to conform and be the same

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't like making fun of ghoststalker (he's a cool dude) it's just that several contestants on the show have been worthy of derision and it's kinda silly to say no guys don't do that.

Thanks, I guess?

And sure, there are annoying people who compete on Jeopardy from time to time. I make fun of them myself sometimes (and then feel bad about it later). But the peanut gallery sometimes gets all up in arms about the most asinine poo poo about a particular contestant, and it's just annoying when they take to social media to slag them like that. At least, that's how I feel.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 11, 2016

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
I don't mind contestant chat, but as a member of your so-called peanut gallery I'm not particularly interested in updates about what other members of the unwashed masses are doing over on another website. It just seems like a gossipy humble brag to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

in_cahoots posted:

I don't mind contestant chat, but as a member of your so-called peanut gallery I'm not particularly interested in updates about what other members of the unwashed masses are doing over on another website. It just seems like a gossipy humble brag to me.

Yeah, that's fair. Sorry if I took it too far, I'll stop doing so in the future.

Really, Monday can't come soon enough so we can actually talk about the new season.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 11, 2016