Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Whats this new currency y'all are talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tei posted:

I don't know how timezones work.

How much we have to wait for the maintenance to end?

Expected completion 4PM PDT which is 4 hours from now.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Spindle, Zen Meteor, Eirene LITC shot, y1 Efrideet's, and Gozen-C are the super killers now

Pretty sure I got rid of my Efrideet's a few weeks ago

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

deadwing posted:

19 strange coins is better than armor

Just make it all guns, damnit

At least RoI's gonna let you pick guns only for faction packages, that's gonna be so good

Coins are pointless if you have less than 1000 coins why you playin this game still scrub

Armor is fine at first when you still need light and who knows how the int/disc/str stuff is gunna work out

Being able to choose what you want is the best option though.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deadwing posted:

Spindle, Zen Meteor, Eirene LITC shot, y1 Efrideet's, and Gozen-C are the super killers now

Ice Breaker

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I doubt it's going to happen because they haven't mentioned it but I hope the gunsmith gets new guns. Want Soros snipes and Omolon rockets

Also hope there is a new Tex Machina gun and quest.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

Expected completion 4PM PDT which is 4 hours from now.

Thanks!. I will sleeping so I hope you guys post whatever new stuff you find :D

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

The Meat Dimension posted:

"Fixed some reward logic associated with vanity items from Shaxx Weekly package"

Please no more 19 strange coins lmao

pretty sure it means the ships/shader that could only drop from the weekly package (not the red/blue coloured ones, the seahawk blue/green ones). They were either super rare or maybe bugged I think.

dunno why they couldn't just say 'fixed our poo poo' but :bungie:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe now the new IB ship will drop for more than three people worldwide.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

I doubt it's going to happen because they haven't mentioned it but I hope the gunsmith gets new guns. Want Soros snipes and Omolon rockets

There's new guns from the existing companies and a new company.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Cerepol posted:

Whats this new currency y'all are talking about?

the silver dust or w/e it's called.

When you get the new treasure boxes that are replacing stirling you can break down the items into silver dust and use that to buy eververse poo poo if I remember right.

Seems like a way to get that poo poo free but probably it'll take a lot to get an emote or whatever.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

cvnvcnv posted:

There's new guns from the existing companies and a new company.

Huh. I don't remember reading that but awesome.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

deadwing posted:

Yeah, this is a dumb change unless theres going to be a new legendary in that archetype.

Anything over 7 armor with 50% damage reduction now wont die from a headshot with the three or four most used sniper rifles in the game.

Most of the good hunters out there already run a quick draw blade dancer. This makes that class choice even more viable.

Add in that shotguns people actually use most in pvp like the party crasher received no range nerf and theres very little reason to use anything other than a max range shotgun, high ROF pulse and rocket launcher like truth in pvp which has been a standard load out for over a year for a whole lot of players. More than who use ldr, longbow or 1kys.

I'll still run tlw and a sniper because shotguns are the lamest thing in history but Bungie are still missing the forrest for the trees in terms of whats bad design.

Yeah people complained about getting domed out of supers on reddit but the flinch and reduction of aa combined eith the scope in time increase should have taken care of that being "problematic". If you're getting headshot roaming with a super its usually because you're doing something dumb like walking around a corner or activating in the middle of no where.

UR was low gunskill aids and that nerf is good but high impact shotguns needed another hit; even with the sidearm buff they're still a 4 shot kill if you hit a head shot, 5 if not and tlw still has ghost bullets and no damage buff for hip firing. Where's the counter to shotguns at the distance theyre used now? Using a plan c just for that reason is a lame forced choice and not that effective Hint: if you think its fusion rifles in general you probably play in scrub tier match making.

Theres still 0 ways to reliably stop a player from slide or blink shotgunning you because the ttk is slower for everything except that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Of course they are adding new spindle class purps jfc guys

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
So Thorn is coming forward? Any other y1 exotics?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

deadwing posted:

Black Hammer.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I support the sniper super changes.

Obviously it reduces the skill ceiling slightly and caters a bit to nooblords, but supers are a cool part of the game and should be difficult to deal with. As it stands you can still teamshot a super to death pretty easily, which is good. Supers should inspire awe and require coordination or a super to counter imho. This is not going back to Sunbreakers that you couldn't even teamshoot

RIP rift farm tho

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Of course they are adding new spindle class purps jfc guys

Mashing F5 on the new weapon manifest so drat hard, I'm gonna get the world exclusive on new guns!!!!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mazerunner posted:

pretty sure it means the ships/shader that could only drop from the weekly package (not the red/blue coloured ones, the seahawk blue/green ones). They were either super rare or maybe bugged I think.

dunno why they couldn't just say 'fixed our poo poo' but :bungie:

gosh darn it. Would like more guns not 20 strange coins.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm still going to jack fools with fist of havoc. It'll just be annoying that I cant dome a sunsinger or electrolock or blade dancer in trials and then cry on their corpse when theyre trying to be the big hero and win the 1v1.

Should at least make pvp different for a week before everyone just goes back to eyasluna/hawksaw/grasp and party crasher.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

FishBulb posted:

*holds swap butan*

*twirls machine gun*

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Oh apparently pulsewave will not only proc landfall but also a fist of havok

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Huh. I don't remember reading that but awesome.

Nadir is the new foundry, and the others are getting new-old guns (ie Omolon getting a new Scout) but I seem to recall that new-new weapons are also coming.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mikey-San posted:

*holds swap butan*

*twirls machine gun*

*fans the hammer*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A Tex Mechanica machine gun would be fired with a hand crank on the side.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Would be pretty funny if there was a tiny chance every time you swapped to a Tex gun that your Guardian would fumble the twirl and comically boot the gun down the hallway.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

I honestly loved the slow shooting machine guns. Best weapons until Trials of Osiris changed the meta to rockets, still good if you hide until all the tubes where empty.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hulk Krogan posted:

Would be pretty funny if there was a tiny chance every time you swapped to a Tex gun that your Guardian would fumble the twirl and comically boot the gun down the hallway.

Please stop describing in detail my Crucible activities, tia

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Yeah, this is a dumb change unless theres going to be a new legendary in that archetype.

Anything over 7 armor with 50% damage reduction now wont die from a headshot with the three or four most used sniper rifles in the game.

Most of the good hunters out there already run a quick draw blade dancer. This makes that class choice even more viable.

Add in that shotguns people actually use most in pvp like the party crasher received no range nerf and theres very little reason to use anything other than a max range shotgun, high ROF pulse and rocket launcher like truth in pvp which has been a standard load out for over a year for a whole lot of players. More than who use ldr, longbow or 1kys.

I'll still run tlw and a sniper because shotguns are the lamest thing in history but Bungie are still missing the forrest for the trees in terms of whats bad design.

Yeah people complained about getting domed out of supers on reddit but the flinch and reduction of aa combined eith the scope in time increase should have taken care of that being "problematic". If you're getting headshot roaming with a super its usually because you're doing something dumb like walking around a corner or activating in the middle of no where.

UR was low gunskill aids and that nerf is good but high impact shotguns needed another hit; even with the sidearm buff they're still a 4 shot kill if you hit a head shot, 5 if not and tlw still has ghost bullets and no damage buff for hip firing. Where's the counter to shotguns at the distance theyre used now? Using a plan c just for that reason is a lame forced choice and not that effective Hint: if you think its fusion rifles in general you probably play in scrub tier match making.

Theres still 0 ways to reliably stop a player from slide or blink shotgunning you because the ttk is slower for everything except that.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

cvnvcnv posted:

Nadir is the new foundry, and the others are getting new-old guns (ie Omolon getting a new Scout) but I seem to recall that new-new weapons are also coming.

So far, only the Nemesis Star is a Nadir weapon though, right?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

haveblue posted:

-Thunderlord has received new animations and a geometry update

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

haveblue posted:

mbison_yes.gif

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I voted Nadir in 2000

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

haveblue posted:

It would also have to require a long quest line with a hell of a tedious PvP objective at the end of it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Happy Page 100 may your shitposts send us to 200 pages very soon!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Elimination changed to only include a single heavy box in a central location

Assume this applies to Trials too

Salvage scoring changed a bunch too.

No more legendary engrams from crucible matches, should increase weapon drop rate apparently

Doing a public event gives a bunch of rewards now. Like a bunch.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

moist turtleneck posted:

Happy Page 100 may your shitposts send us to 200 pages very soon!

you just gotta post more gifs is all

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
rip

http://i.imgur.com/EVeSAvE.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/KDfVz3k.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/4NFQyeG.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/UnteNjB.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/zosIXnL.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Elimination changed to only include a single heavy box in a central location

Assume this applies to Trials too

Salvage scoring changed a bunch too.

No more legendary engrams from crucible matches, should increase weapon drop rate apparently

Doing a public event gives a bunch of rewards now. Like a bunch.

Is this an Ularg joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

wow i ordered chinese food today but i think they mixed up our fortune cookies

• Locked thread