Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Look in my eyes

What do you see

A guy getting KO'd on PPV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
When Punk gets knocked out does he come crawling back to wrestling, or does he sulk for the rest of his life like Ronda

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

When Punk gets knocked out does he come crawling back to wrestling, or does he sulk for the rest of his life like Ronda

vince loves to do business with guys he hates so he could come back for a big payday but he might be stubborn enough not to

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

lol. the first time i ever cut weight for a fight while training at duke roufus (which was my first fight ever and first time cutting weight), i had to cut 30 pounds to make 265 (i was fat back then) and the amateur coach was all "nah, don't do a test cut, you look like you'll do fine you look like youll drop weight easily." it was amature so same-day weigh-ins. i had to rehydrate in like 2 hours and gassed about 2 minutes into the thing. i barely won with a hail mary sub because my opponent was even fatter and a short dude and i just kinda plowed him into the fence and went for the flying triangle, which he was too gassed and inflexible to escape.

so ya, i absolutely believe they wouldnt have him do a test cut.

heavyweight never die!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

Look in my eyes

What do you see

That doesn't fit the meter at all!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chris James 2 posted:

Look in my eyes

What do you see

Do you pronounce it pee-pee-vee?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A better last line might be "a guy knocked out in/at UFC"?

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Nah PeePeeVee is how I pronounce it too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

EugeneJ posted:

I dunno why people assume Punk is doing this poo poo because he NEEDS it as in so much as he's ticking off an item from his bucket list that he got UFC to pay him for. If he loses, he goes back to watching hockey, training BJJ and writing comics. :shrug:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Look in my eyes

What do you see?

A soon-to-be retiree

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
The funniest thing about the recent press conferences is him saying "I belong here".

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Nice of Punk to show up to the presser in the suit his grandfather was buried in. https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/773960326706503680

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Nice of Punk to show up to the presser in the suit his grandfather was buried in. https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/773960326706503680

drat.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Dias posted:

I dunno why people assume Punk is doing this poo poo because he NEEDS it as in so much as he's ticking off an item from his bucket list that he got UFC to pay him for. If he loses, he goes back to watching hockey, training BJJ and writing comics. :shrug:

Mostly because he seems like he's so full of himself that he NEEDS to be doing something at a high level at all times or he'd go nuts. I've always gotten the impression that he's never going to be wholly satisfied with just chilling out and retiring on his mountain of cash. Once this disaster falls apart, he'll be right on to something else. I'm guessing it won't ever be wrestling again, but I could see him trying to get into acting or TV work. Something to keep him from sitting still.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

There's a goddamn pocket square in this thing mixed in with an untucked polo. What a mess.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

lmao

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stipe needs to hook him up with that suit guy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least Ryback believes in him

quote:

From a basic human being standpoint, he is showing courage doing something the majority of people on this planet will never do and that is step in a cage and fight in front of millions of people. I respect he wants to test himself and has the courage to do so. For that reason alone, while I don’t condone him saying the things he said about me, I want to him do well. Any man can beat another man on any given night, so I just hope he achieves what he is looking for in this and I will leave it at that.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dias posted:

there's no way CM Punk goes back to training jiu jitsu unless metamoris is gonna pay him like $100k to get strangled by andre galvao or some dumb poo poo like that.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Punk not doing a practice weight cut then telling Faber in the latest Embedded he doesn't have a nutritionist for his weight cut his wife is just making his meals is really something.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheHock posted:

Mostly because he seems like he's so full of himself that he NEEDS to be doing something at a high level at all times or he'd go nuts. I've always gotten the impression that he's never going to be wholly satisfied with just chilling out and retiring on his mountain of cash. Once this disaster falls apart, he'll be right on to something else. I'm guessing it won't ever be wrestling again, but I could see him trying to get into acting or TV work. Something to keep him from sitting still.

I can see that, but on the other hand I feel like anything he does from now on is for his own satisfaction so the whole "punk's gonna break down and crawl back to wrestling after losing" thing doesn't make sense to me. He has some other poo poo going on and as you pointed out, he could do acting or commentary if he wanted to - hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he was angling for that eventually.

twitter and bisted
Aug 26, 2012

I'm a crow and nothing human is avian to me
from the first page:

Look in my eyes
What do you see?
A guy get killed on live TV

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

there's no way CM Punk goes back to training jiu jitsu unless metamoris is gonna pay him like $100k to get strangled by andre galvao or some dumb poo poo like that.

Yeah he doesnt seem to particularly like it or have any knack for it. Maybe thats just what happens when you make your hobby your job before really knowing what it entails

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Punk really should have fought and lost to the Green Ranger.

What do my knuckles say? MRPN TIME

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the pro wrestler will lose.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only saving grace people have left is the chance the fight gets canceled when he isn't anywhere near weight and Gall (rightfully) refuses a catchweight fight

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Big Guy
Big Enlightenment

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ryback rules.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chris James 2 posted:

Any man can beat another man on any given night

What if that other man is Brock Lesnar?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RagingHematoma posted:

I am having a hard time believing that Punk is this bad and out of his league. I am starting to think that the documentary, the sparring sessions and interviews is just an elaborate plan to give Gall the false impression that he will dominate the fight. I'm kind of thinking Punk is going to come out as a beast and was faking is out the whole time.

man I sure hope this is true for Punk's sake because if he gets in the cage and drops his right hand like that every time he sticks out a jab then this will happen to him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nooneofconsequence posted:

Any man can beat another man on any given night

What if that other man is Brock Lesnar?

Or Braun Stroman

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Chris James 2 posted:

The only saving grace people have left is the chance the fight gets canceled when he isn't anywhere near weight and Gall (rightfully) refuses a catchweight fight

When the weight cut came up on the media call, Gall said he was looking forward to getting 20% of CM Punk's purse so I think he plans on accepting the fight even if Punk misses weight, because he knows he's going to win regardless of the weight and Punk's payout is likely to be pretty good

E: Also I remember when he first signed he was asked what weight class he would be fighting in and he said either middleweight or welterweight depending on how the test cuts go, and then he never did a test cut

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

When the weight cut came up on the media call, Gall said he was looking forward to getting 20% of CM Punk's purse so I think he plans on accepting the fight even if Punk misses weight, because he knows he's going to win regardless of the weight and Punk's payout is likely to be pretty good

Thatd be the best possible thing for Gall, the 20% cut would be more than his entire purse im guessing

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MMA fighter Mickey Gall, who doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

When Mickey most likely dismantles Punk who can he possibly face next with his 3-0 professional MMA record?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Le Saboteur posted:

When Mickey most likely dismantles Punk who can he possibly face next with his 3-0 professional MMA record?

Find a lovely 3-0 prospect, have Gall beat that jobber, then Punk vs. Jobber in a loser leaves town match.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Le Saboteur posted:

if he can cut to lw he could beat the poo poo out of artem lobov

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

1st AD posted:

Find a lovely 3-0 prospect, have Gall beat that jobber, then Punk vs. Jobber in a loser leaves town match.

I figure after Punk loses they'll have him fight that Mike Jackson guy who apparently is still under contract with the UFC after his Gall fight.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Punk usually only wears the finest of jackets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He gets more and more unlikable with everything I see

• Locked thread