Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sombrerotron posted:

i remember my dad walking in, pretty shaken up, and telling me the biggest terrorist strike ever had just been committed

I called my dad at work to tell him to drop everything and go find a TV

he got so mad he threw a chair across the room at work (he's american). he was a firefighter training officer at the time so he probably threw that chair pretty hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Iridium posted:

there are sales, there are events planned... one of my friends was invited to a neighbor's 9/11 cookout.

it's a loving holiday now, all americans get together and try to out-grieve one another with insipid tales of how upset they were when the heard it on the radio on their loving commute. a ritualistic exercise in mass-histrionics.

for a while id always eat exclusively cake and pie and stuff on 9/11 since it was a day for just desserts

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

too many fuckin americans itf. rip princess di :canada:

i remember when this happened

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Elder Postsman posted:

i remember when this happened

i was hanging out with a couple of out-of-state friends when princess di died. i said some rather impolite anti-monarchial things and without realizing it, really offended one of them. it really put a damper on my trip to visit them, and i have never stopped regretting it

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

prefect posted:

i was hanging out with a couple of out-of-state friends when princess di died. i said some rather impolite anti-monarchial things and without realizing it, really offended one of them. it really put a damper on my trip to visit them, and i have never stopped regretting it

i was at my grandparent's place watching their dog and playing MYTH THE FALLEN LORDS on my grandpa's power mac, and they cut into the the tv show i had on in the background to report on it. SNL iirc, lol

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i still remember waking up early, turning on the tv in my room, seeing/hearing everyone just talking about lady di having died in a car crash and going "???"

some hella weird news to wake up to

but uh that's still anglo-centric and objectively speaking small potatoes really compared to the bijlmerramp

theflyingexecutive posted:

*beat*

TERRORISTS WIN
i think i was also playing cs when enschede blew up

whoops

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I like the compensatory bate

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

I like the compensatory bate

i like to start on brazzers, hit my stride on the apple keynote, then finish back on brazzers

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
does that really mean that apple keynotes literally get apple folks jonesin' for a jerkin'

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm watching this show on netflix called "very british problems" and lol

I didn't know british people wear their shoes in the house like americans. if you're coming into my house you better take your shoes off or put those plastic covers on fucker

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom
i was like 4 and a bit when Diana died but i kinda remember the news a little?
i remember my dad waking everyone up on 12/9/01 at like 4am to see the news, it happened around 11pm 11/9/01 our time. i was in grade 3 and was in a catholic school so, no joke, we held a competition to write a prayer about it catholic schools are real bad

LastInLine posted:

for a while id always eat exclusively cake and pie and stuff on 9/11 since it was a day for just desserts

holy poo poo

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

mad.radhu posted:

does that really mean that apple keynotes literally get apple folks jonesin' for a jerkin'

no, they just delayed their jerkin for the event, then jerked it afterwards along with people who were jerkin it normally at that time.

i bet they see the same pattern with the debates coming up. :fap: :shlick:

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

CDE. yuck. "UNIX can be just like Windows!"

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm watching this show on netflix called "very british problems" and lol

I didn't know british people wear their shoes in the house like americans. if you're coming into my house you better take your shoes off or put those plastic covers on fucker

yeah you dont wear shoes in someone's house in aus, either you wear thongs you fucks

is it really a regional thing?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Rivethead posted:

CDE. yuck. "UNIX can be just like Windows!"

cool avatar

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

epipen posted:

yeah you dont wear shoes in someone's house in aus, either you wear thongs you fucks

is it really a regional thing?

dunno man, I'm canadian and I had some maintenance people in my place. they didn't have boot covers so they put plastic down on my floor to walk on

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

epipen posted:

one on each foot? you tie them on, maybe?

:troll:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Elder Postsman posted:

i was at my grandparent's place watching their dog and playing MYTH THE FALLEN LORDS on my grandpa's power mac, and they cut into the the tv show i had on in the background to report on it. SNL iirc, lol
i remember watching SNL and thinking "wow this is in really bad taste" and then realizing that it wasn't a skit.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

LastInLine posted:

lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i read about her death on bluesnews (a mostly iD/quake/fps news site)

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

i read about her death on bluesnews (a mostly iD/quake/fps news site)
jesus cripes blue's news still exists

and its website design hasn't changed at all in about 15 years

web 1.0 as heck

thong district
Jun 28, 2006
Selling dangerous liquids to idiots since April '06

"Take me to your leader"

"Ok mate it's this right and then second left"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I def remember Kurt Loder reporting on Di's death on MTV News.

Reasonable Man
Sep 11, 2001

smithereens got 'em scaling heights

9/11 commission report in comic form: http://dsfargeg.com/archive/comic911officialreport/

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I saw an army ambulance today, and now a black helicopter just circled my neighborhood

lmao I've been teleported into a conspiracy theory

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I had that as a trade. it is a really lovely comic. mega low effort.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
is that the comic that features a pissed off old white dude lookin out his skyscraper window at the carnage while holding a rocks glass filled w/ whiskey

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
i totalled my mom's car the day lady diana died, and nobody gave a gently caress about me or my accident cause someone more important had also had one

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SmokaDustbowl posted:

he was a firefighter training officer at the time so he probably threw that chair pretty hard

More like 'Business is lookin' up, son!' /rubs hands

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mo_Steel posted:

ever been to coon rapids?

Yep! Didn't go there though. I guess suburban MN high schools are all the same. Oh and I guess I was in English not health during the 2nd plane hitting

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

also if you never read the Seinfeld 911 script, now is the time to do so:

http://splitsider.com/2016/08/this-seinfeld-911-spec-script-is-insane-and-incredible/

"You remember my crazy friend Mo Atta?"

:eyepop:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

LastInLine posted:

lol, but who'd you steal this joke from

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

yeah that made me laugh super hard but it must be from somewhere.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

More like 'Business is lookin' up, son!' /rubs hands

I watched my dad do a demonstration and cut the roof off a car in under 5 minutes with the jaws of life

it was so rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzbZV70ZvKQ

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 9, 2016

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it'd be nice if they gave the funding to first responders instead of buying MRAPs for pigs

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

when princess diana died i remember my dad came home carrying a newspaper and blurted out DIANA'S DEAD and my mom was like "what??? what??????????" because she had a friend named diana and oh it was funny

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

also if you never read the Seinfeld 911 script, now is the time to do so:

http://splitsider.com/2016/08/this-seinfeld-911-spec-script-is-insane-and-incredible/

"You remember my crazy friend Mo Atta?"

:eyepop:
:pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it'd be nice if they gave the funding to first responders instead of buying MRAPs for pigs

right?

• Locked thread