Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Ferroque posted:

i got dine socks

You're just gonna post that without a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

A v good dine video with v bad dad voiceover, this is where lunch comes from

https://youtu.be/B2kQF7eWkIs

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Speleothing posted:

You're just gonna post that without a link?

I found them at H&M

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ferroque posted:

I found them at H&M

THANK YOU

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
H&M reports doubling of fish related footwear sales. "Literally two people have bought them!" Exclaims ecstatic CEO

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Ferroque posted:

i got dine socks

Those are some dad-level socks

Utterly Irrelephant
Sep 6, 2007
ive got a rocket in my pocket
I've become addicted to King Oscar in evoo. Is $2.48 a tin reasonable? I just bought another 6.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Egorger Le Chef posted:

I've become addicted to King Oscar in evoo. Is $2.48 a tin reasonable? I just bought another 6.

Does it seem reasonable to you? You're the only judge of your means, buddy.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ceciltron posted:

H&M reports doubling of fish related footwear sales. "Literally two people have bought them!" Exclaims ecstatic CEO

well I also bought a shirt so it got me in the door...again

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Egorger Le Chef posted:

On the east coast I've seen them between $2.25 and $2.99 so seems about right.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I dined it up tonight for the first time. I sandwiched up some onions, dijon mustard and some hot sauce sardines with a bunch of dill and a dollop of sour cream. They were probably not the best, being Chicken of the Sea. Maybe I did it wrong [not a dad], but it was tasty as gently caress.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Mushika posted:

I dined it up tonight for the first time. I sandwiched up some onions, dijon mustard and some hot sauce sardines with a bunch of dill and a dollop of sour cream. They were probably not the best, being Chicken of the Sea. Maybe I did it wrong [not a dad], but it was tasty as gently caress.

If you like chicken of the sea, you're going to love anything else. Condadulations.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

If you like chicken of the sea, you're going to love anything else. Condadulations.

This is the truth. But also I think I'm the #1sexy dad in these parts friendo.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if foreigners put mayo on hot dogs

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

I wonder if foreigners put mayo on hot dogs

of course they do, consult the chart

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

havnt had a mighty deen in months

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Anyone have an opinion on the Costco "Season" brand? The non-skinless, non-boneless, in olive oil variety ('cause I'll be damned if I'm eating anything skinless and boneless)? I can buy them by the case, so if they're any better than Chicken of the Sea, I'll be buying a case each week along with a case of beer and a case of contraceptives, strapping all of it to the back of my motorcycle, and soaring off into the sunset.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

havnt had a mighty deen in months

Repent.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mushika posted:

Anyone have an opinion on the Costco "Season" brand? The non-skinless, non-boneless, in olive oil variety ('cause I'll be damned if I'm eating anything skinless and boneless)? I can buy them by the case, so if they're any better than Chicken of the Sea, I'll be buying a case each week along with a case of beer and a case of contraceptives, strapping all of it to the back of my motorcycle, and soaring off into the sunset.

Medium-large fish, good quality, nice tastes. I prefer King Oscar and Riga for sink eatin' but Seasons are good. I use them for cooking when I'm cookin deens a lot.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Devoured two cans of ko Mediterranean while wine drunk last night after all my guests left. Would do again 10/10

naem
May 29, 2011

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
a friend asked me for sardine brand recommendations after her doc told her she needed more vitamin D(een). after setting her up with a sampler box of various tinned fishes, I'm now getting pictures passed on from her friends on my phone:

gently caress yeah these tins are all soooo good :getin:

also some family brought her like a pound of what was described to me as "Scandinavian shrimp cheese that comes in a tube" from Sweden, I haven't had any but totes would:

this is me tmw night at the sushi bar, fyi

Lathespin.gif fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 9, 2016

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Made some poke last night as an app for some mahi mahi fillets dinner. Everyone shoukd make poke and enjoy it.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Making Fisherman;s eggs for the first time. Gonna be guuuuuuuuuud.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

Made some poke last night as an app for some mahi mahi fillets dinner. Everyone shoukd make poke and enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bdeizHM9OU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It's time for the burritoing

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Probably enough filling for three more, gonna take a little burrito break though

Burrito proprtions:

10 giant tortillas
3-4lbs steak
3-4lbs chicken
2 dry cups rice cooked up
2 dry cups beans cooked up
2 big onions and once bunch cilantro chopped up
16oz shredded cheese
A wettening agent like salsa or mayo or sour cream

Makes 5 beef 5 chx burriters of the correct size

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sheep goats fax me a copy of that

i gotta do a food post soon i make some drat good stuff

and i got a new oven

it

goes

all

the

way

up

to

degrees

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's trout grilling day. Fresh rosemary and garlic inside em.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Id gently caress up a trout a little later on and I'd do it in front of his gf too

raton fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 12, 2016

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
I finally ate the Portuguese sardines I bought off of eBay and they were disappointing (La Gondola brand sardines in escabeche sauce). The fish were slightly larger than King Oscar but smaller than Bela. The oil/sauce was tasty but mild and the fish were dry and meaty. I'm starting to think that King Oscars are just perfect and I should stop bothering with other brands.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sheep-Goats posted:

Probably enough filling for three more, gonna take a little burrito break though

Burrito proprtions:

10 giant tortillas
3-4lbs steak
3-4lbs chicken
2 dry cups rice cooked up
2 dry cups beans cooked up
2 big onions and once bunch cilantro chopped up
16oz shredded cheese
A wettening agent like salsa or mayo or sour cream

Makes 5 beef 5 chx burriters of the correct size

can you freeze those

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

can you freeze those

I have never tried it before because they don't go bad over ten days and after I make them I eat one a day HOWEVER this time around I did freeze four of them and I will report back in a week or so when I try microwaving my own frozen burritos.

I expect that it will work flawlessly.

Please note that I left the wettening agent out of the ones that go into storage, I just spoon it onto the end of the burrito as I eat it.

IMO the key to a good burrito is to powerfully season and sear the meat and to make really good beans. Sad burritos result from plain meat and lovely beans. Luckily I am a bean genius. The only other important factor is that you have enough fat in there (cheese in this case, often mayo or sour cream in the case of burrito truck burritos, plus cheese) and that your wettening agent also has an immensely strong taste (so like a good concentrated chipotle sauce rather than a pico -- or some kind of tomatillo/avacado thing).

I anticipate the biggest challenge being that with something that size you should probably not microwave it at 100% power to get an evenly heated thing by the end rather than an ice cube in the middle and melted everything at the edge, so that will take a little experimentation.

raton fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 12, 2016

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I never microwave anything at 100% anymore unless I'm just heating up water. Rarely do more than 50%. Ever since I've enjoyed nice, re-warmed items instead of scorched lava.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Naw all told it's like a twenty dollar meal for three. Wait...
That's a lot isn't it?

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Homemade frozen burritos are totally prodad but god drat those things are gigantic.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pr0k posted:

Homemade frozen burritos are totally prodad but god drat those things are gigantic.

Live by the burrito die by the burrito is my motto

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Look Sir Droids posted:

I never microwave anything at 100% anymore unless I'm just heating up water. Rarely do more than 50%. Ever since I've enjoyed nice, re-warmed items instead of scorched lava.

100% all day every day except when defrosting imho

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I defrost everything in the bath tub-a -rooney while I have my daily soak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I can never find those giant oversized burritos when I'm looking for them.

It's real annoying because I know they're out there.