Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
That would be great. I'll put it up for that. I can still lower it in a few days if there are no takers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Theres one almost exactly like it for 15c

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Trip report:

25 coins for 10 chaos

Got a monstrous treasure, immediately sold for 21c

Got a jewelers touch, could have sold for 34c but that's what I actually wanted

Got an extra chaos orb from the chaos recipe

Got 8 fusings (bloodline 5fus, koduku 3fus)

Got two guaranteed twins that I used to fill out my twins challenge

Took me 20 minutes to run all the coins. Mission accomplished.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Why might my item filter be highlighting all rarities Zealot Helmet especially? Also it is highlighting all the white belts too..?

Should I keep all the hammers to turn them into chisels, or only quality ones?

May Arcsorcs please have an invite to guild? :shobon:

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 8, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
So, I've been interested in diving headfirst into this game for a long time now. I've been doing research on my first character build and am trying to sort out all the details.

I've decided on the sharp shooter branch of the 2.4 version of Neversink's Tornado Shot archer. I'm trying to figure out exactly how I should weight stats on items as I'm leveling up. Currently, I jumped in and got to level 50 relatively quickly just running the main storyline. Just got to cruel mode and hit a wall at the new labyrinth. I have 1.6k HP, which I feel is really low (the labyrinth boss one shots me with any attack, even ignoring buffs he gets from the environment that I try to deal with)? Anyone got suggestions on how to amp up my health without gimping my elemental resists? I've taken a ton of health buffs in my passive skill tree.

Thanks in advance for any advice for a new player.

(Currently in the new essence league, Stadard mode)

(I've also taken the OP advice of not spending any of my currency until I know what it's worth / how to use it. I'm getting a feel for it, but I haven't done any trading yet. Just been running around killing stuff until I hit a wall, which happens to be at cruel difficulty Labyrinth)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ButtWolf posted:

Theres one almost exactly like it for 15c

rip that Ex I guess

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

So, I've been interested in diving headfirst into this game for a long time now. I've been doing research on my first character build and am trying to sort out all the details.

I've decided on the sharp shooter branch of the 2.4 version of Neversink's Tornado Shot archer. I'm trying to figure out exactly how I should weight stats on items as I'm leveling up. Currently, I jumped in and got to level 50 relatively quickly just running the main storyline. Just got to cruel mode and hit a wall at the new labyrinth. I have 1.6k HP, which I feel is really low (the labyrinth boss one shots me with any attack, even ignoring buffs he gets from the environment that I try to deal with)? Anyone got suggestions on how to amp up my health without gimping my elemental resists? I've taken a ton of health buffs in my passive skill tree.

(I've also taken the OP advice of not spending any of my currency until I know what it's worth / how to use it. I'm getting a feel for it, but I haven't done any trading yet. Just been running around killing stuff until I hit a wall, which happens to be at cruel difficulty Labyrinth)

I am similar story with elementalist witch. I have 1.9k health and 622 shield and managed to survive the individual attacks just barely, so something like that might be your goal. I still died though for lovely dodging. Gonna come back to it after some more levels.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Im doing similar build. Whats your ign? I might have some upgrade gear for you.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I really need a new computer, haha. Half my deaths are because my computer was chugging due to too many effects on the screen at once and thus being unable to dodge the boss's attacks.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I've been occupied with overwatch but have Lost My Chill hows the new league (I guess prophecy is base game now?)

J
Jun 10, 2001

Bushiz posted:

I've been occupied with overwatch but have Lost My Chill hows the new league (I guess prophecy is base game now?)

Prophecy is now in the base game, essence league adds essences which are basically alch orbs that have a guaranteed mod included depending on which essence it is, and the atlas of worlds fleshes out the mapping game. Game is cool and good and you should try it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

ButtWolf posted:

Im doing similar build. Whats your ign? I might have some upgrade gear for you.

IGN is Seaa

All my gear so far has been from me using those essences to upgrade gear and hoping for the best.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is earthquake still dope? Or should I go cyclone? Or has a new melee flavour of the month arrived?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOy4bUXGAek

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can self-found be a reasonable thing in this game as I go on or am I more or less locked out of content if I'm not willing to play thetrade/economy game?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

holy poo poo lol

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

holyshit

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

it's probably not atziri viable (because it might be tricky to dodge enemy flameblasts)

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Trip report:

25 coins for 10 chaos

Vasudus posted:

Trip report:

25 coins for 10 chaos

How did selling the prophecy work? You mean sealing it and selling it? Or something else?

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

I stumbled upon this guy's stream couple days ago. Definitely made me tempted to try it. (Or whenever my friends get tired of the new WoW expansion, anyway.)

How mana-intensive are totem builds? If there's one thing I can't stand, it's having to chug mana pots just so I can press buttons.

How would flameblast work with traps/mines? Does flameblast even work with traps/mines at all? (Traps/mines are mana-intensive though, right?)

e:

whypick1 posted:

That's 21 mana per cast.

Well hot drat.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 9, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Any channeling skill doesn't work with traps/mines since they do "cast once then die", whereas totems do "cast until death" (or in FB's case, "cast until at max charges, stop, then repeat until death").

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Shinino Kage posted:

How did selling the prophecy work? You mean sealing it and selling it?

Of course. There's no other way to sell a prophecy.

facepalmolive posted:

How mana-intensive are totem builds? If there's one thing I can't stand, it's having to chug mana pots just so I can press buttons.

Not very, based on that video.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/wulala1010/characters

That's 21 mana per cast.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Running prophecies is insanely profitable right now. Out of about 40 coins, I got 2 Jeweller's Touch prophecies (39-41c each), a prophecy that got me a near perfect Astramentis (1.5ex) and a Monstrous Treasure I haven't sold yet but seems to fetch about 20c at the moment.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ciaphas posted:

Can self-found be a reasonable thing in this game as I go on or am I more or less locked out of content if I'm not willing to play thetrade/economy game?

Theoretically possible if you're patient. Lazy trading is just use poe.trade to find gear upgrades and maybe trade some currency.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Any recommendations at all for my mellow melee question?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Vasudus posted:

Trip report:

25 coins for 10 chaos

do you think you could make a quick writeup of valuable prophecies for people who didn't play the league?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is earthquake still dope? Or should I go cyclone? Or has a new melee flavour of the month arrived?

EQ is still great after the nerf. Still possibly the best easy lab runner if you go juggernaut. Cyclone is solid. Oro Flicker seems to be a bit fotm right now, but it's a very different playstyle from normal melee.

BV is probably a more similar playstyle to normal melee than oro flicker, so maybe that's a consideration too?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfxsDaeqOF0

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

So am I best off saving my coins for when I hit Merciless?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

So am I best off saving my coins for when I hit Merciless?

Yes.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Vasudus posted:

Trip report:

25 coins for 10 chaos
Inspired by your example, I spent 18 coins and got 3 fusings and a whole heap of nothing at all :v:

Zephro fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 9, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

selffound works now better than ever, thanks to essences

well you might run into dps troubles as a phys weapon build, but as the league goes on the gstash fills with worthless - but endgame viable - rares (and sometimes even uniques)

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Just to make sure I'm not an idiot. The physical damage on rings/amulet/quiver are also added as each element from Doomfletch's Prism, right?

It certainly feels like it is, because the damage is like nothing I've ever seen with such mediocre equipment. Tooltip dps of roughly 10k TS annihilates everything, including me with 29k eva (double flasked + grace) and 40% dodge and arrow dancing on reflect rares.

I'm actually starting to question whether I actually want a Slivertongue.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Having a specific item be a requirement for a generic vendor recipe seems dumb.
I just finished Act 3 (for the first time) and I haven't had a single Bone Spirit Shield drop and as far as I know, that's the one spirit shield that can be used for Heal Minions Flask recipe.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Hamburger Test posted:

Just to make sure I'm not an idiot. The physical damage on rings/amulet/quiver are also added as each element from Doomfletch's Prism, right?

yes, that's why you play Elementalist :eng101:

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

The Real Foogla posted:

yes, that's why you play Elementalist :eng101:

For the reflect?

I'm not sure why you just quoted that part. I scale the poo poo out of physical and projectile, it should all end up scaled and then added as elemental?

It did help a little bit going from a 1k evasion chest to a 1.5k. I'm thinking Kintsugi might actually make sense for me, I even have the prophecy chain - if only I could trigger the spawn. The other options I see are Daresso's Defiance, Vaal Pact (I hate having it tho), Atziri's Acuity and dropping the physical bow nodes on the right side and travel to Scion life.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Jack Trades posted:

Having a specific item be a requirement for a generic vendor recipe seems dumb.
I just finished Act 3 (for the first time) and I haven't had a single Bone Spirit Shield drop and as far as I know, that's the one spirit shield that can be used for Heal Minions Flask recipe.

Are you using an itemfilter? It might be filtered out. You could try looking at the a2 and a3 weapon merchants every time you level as well.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Bob NewSCART posted:

Any recommendations at all for my mellow melee question?

EQ is still very good, cyclone is OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Budgie posted:

Are you using an itemfilter? It might be filtered out. You could try looking at the a2 and a3 weapon merchants every time you level as well.

I'm using the NeverSink's filter but I think it's supposed to show the vendor recipe gear?
I did manage to get two of those from the A2 vendor, so it's alright I suppose.

Is there any way I can "reroll" vendor stock maybe?

• Locked thread