Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Oh man, we get a GarChomp tag match at the live CWC, as if it wasn't going to be good enough already.

I wonder if that's where they do the turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Gaz-L posted:

I wonder if that's where they do the turn.

Ciampa would never turn on his friend!

Hate to see Cien lose, but NXT booking is pretty classic and with Itami and Nakamura getting face pushes, this is his role right now. Hopefully he has a Becky leprechaun style awakening to wrestle more of his old style when his push comes.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Samoa Joe is going to loving explode soon

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Joe being all quiet like this is kinda scary.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The spoilers sort of overplayed that whole sequence. Or Joe underplayed the tension, either way.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Oh hey, I saw Leah Von Dutch against SDR at a Chikara show somewhere in the middle of nowhere Ontario. Good job Leah!

But Leah was immediately used after SDR promotion to the main roster. Erm.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Oh hey, I saw Leah Von Dutch against SDR at a Chikara show somewhere in the middle of nowhere Ontario. Good job Leah!

Man Ember Moon's finisher is going to ruin her hips.

Maybe she can just drop down into a full cutter instead of the stunner

Mr. Kennedy
May 24, 2003

I weigh in tonight at an astonishing 242 lbs. From Green Bay Wisconsin, MISTER KENNEDY!!!!!!! KENNEDY...
How does the NXT arena crowd differ from the impact crowd? I never really watched TNA before but i know a lot of people said how the impact zone crowd or whatever was really really bad. I know they had their own chants and stuff they did cause a lot of the time it was the same people being free tickets, but it seems like the NXT fans have lots of the same people in the crowd and also do their own chants and sing along. I know they tape multiple episodes at once, but was there much of a difference?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I think the NXT crowd is similar to the early TNA crowd. The passion is still there, I mean.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Asuka is adorable when she speaks but she'll kill me for saying so.

And then she slides into Kansai dialect and it is the scariest drat thing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

And then she slides into Kansai dialect and it is the scariest drat thing.

Can you elaborate on this? I looked it up on Wikipedia and was sort of enlightened, but it was tough to parse. Dialects are pretty fascinating though, and I guess I just don't think about English dialects even though they absolutely exist. Reading about Kansai I was like "how the gently caress can people just...get it" but then I thought about it and to a non-English speaker, somebody from say, Brooklyn and someone from New Orleans would probably be baffling too. :)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
A lot of people who translate promos for Dragon Gate have mentioned issues with understanding CIMA as well, and he's from Osaka too. I especially notice his rolling r's.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Sep 8, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Kansai just naturally sounds intimidating and is used for a lot of villains of movies and when portraying Yakuza in Japan.

It's probably similar to how people view the New York and northern Jersey accents when people like De Niro and Pesci use it, respectively.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

AMReese posted:

Kansai just naturally sounds intimidating and is used for a lot of villains of movies and when portraying Yakuza in Japan.

It's probably similar to how people view the New York and northern Jersey accents when people like De Niro and Pesci use it, respectively.

It's basically a threatening Japanese equivalent to somebody like Carmella. It's a little rougher, grittier, less high-end of an accent, and even from women it can sound frightening as hell. (I'm guessing Asuka is more comfortable being angry in her native language as well, I still have yet to master "pissed off Japanese" myself). Nakamura has some of that style going on as well, except his is more "mob boss" than "goon on the ground", so to speak. Osaka is the second big metro area and because Tokyo is something of a Japanese melting pot, the accents are fairly flat. However, because Osaka and people from there have little brother syndrome, they're the only place in Japan not trying to imitate Tokyo in some way. It's like how so much fashion and trends come from either New York or LA in the US, except for places (high Texas) that proudly Give Zero Fucks.

Japanese accents/dialects are funny anyways, as I've had some people try to explain the difference in accents between towns less that 5 km apart as if they were worlds apart :psyduck:

Also, as a bonus, Kota Ibushi comes from another region famous for a syrup-thick accent, Kagoshima, deep in southern Japan. Just imagine the most incomprehensible Creole and you're most of the way there.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/773887422329479169

Once you sign one you are hungry for more.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

I laughed

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
tears @ the absolute dork who yelled "omae wa mou shindeiru" during Nakamura's match last night

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Also, as a bonus, Kota Ibushi comes from another region famous for a syrup-thick accent, Kagoshima, deep in southern Japan. Just imagine the most incomprehensible Creole and you're most of the way there.

This is the best mental image.

rovert posted:

Shouldn't have laughed, laughed.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
TM61 looked great in their match. Their strikes are so stiff. I want them to get a big angle going already. I did find it interesting that Nese was doing most of the work on the other side though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If they really are turning Ciampa heel then I guess TM61 would be the next guys to go after the Revival. But tbh they should keep Garciampo together, they're one of two face teams on the NXT roster and it would leave the Authors of Pain kind of rudderless.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly I think TM61 should go heel. I think they would do a great job as an arrogant tag team.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They should be full on bogans.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Any news on a pre-sale for San Jose?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Honestly I think TM61 should go heel. I think they would do a great job as an arrogant tag team.

Hell, their old name works great for that.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Any news on a pre-sale for San Jose?

Still going, uses the same code as the rest, NXTLIVE. Got my goddamn floor seats.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This was the best TM61 has looked yet. I think it was the first match of theirs that I really enjoyed. They're just so bland right now, but who knows - Blake & Murphy and The Revival were wallowing in obscurity until they won the titles too.

I've always loved The Revival, though, even when they only showed up like once a month.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

What does TM61 mean anyway

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
teaches will-o-wisp

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Basic Chunnel posted:

someone said it was the area code for calling Australia but we all know that is the Technical Machine from Pokemon that gives the move Will-o-Wisp

it is a terrible team name and they should change it ASAP

does the WWE not have a tag team or group team name generator? They can make up stupid surnames all day long but can't think of something to call Gallows and Anderson besides the Club?

SlatorGator, Breezango, the Golden Truth, the list goes on and on, WWE sucks at assigning team names

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think it has something to do with where they are from in Australia. Like it's their zip code or area code or something.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

shane Thorn, nick Miller, country code 61

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
it's because they weren't allowed to be called TMDK

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

No Luck Needed posted:

does the WWE not have a tag team or group team name generator? They can make up stupid surnames all day long but can't think of something to call Gallows and Anderson besides the Club?

They did but he died a year ago.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

spongeh posted:

it's because they weren't allowed to be called TMDK
They're allowed to say it in a promo, though.
"We are the mighty, and the mighty don't kneel."

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

No Luck Needed posted:

someone said it was the area code for calling Australia but we all know that is the Technical Machine from Pokemon that gives the move Will-o-Wisp

it is a terrible team name and they should change it ASAP

SlatorGator, Breezango, the Golden Truth, the list goes on and on, WWE sucks at assigning team names

Breezango is the perfect name for Breezango

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Slater Gator was a great name

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Especially the beginning of their theme, and the theme itself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQWVf2v_WE8

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Ember Moon's theme song should have a video of some 80s dudes working out.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Still going, uses the same code as the rest, NXTLIVE. Got my goddamn floor seats.

Thanks bb I'll see you there <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AMReese posted:

They're allowed to say it in a promo, though.
"We are the mighty, and the mighty don't kneel."

Thinking about it, that promo would've lent itself well to an angle like the Ciampa one from last week. Or the Undertaker/Jeff Hardy Brother Nero one.

• Locked thread