Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I stopped doing Ukrainian job because I'm literally too stupid not to walk through the metal detectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shooting Blanks posted:

If you keep infamying, the best progression I've found is stealth DW Ukrainian job, stealth DW diamond store, stealth DW or OK election day, then something big for xp (aftershock is probably the most efficient). If anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears, but that seems to be fast, takes advantage of stealth bonuses, and has few penalties for being under levelled. Plus, being stealth, you can actually do them at any level up to aftershock vs. getting carried.
Back when I got my first few infamy levels Father Chairface would lead me/us through something very similar to that and I would be in the 70s in like 5 heists.

But yeah it depends on if anyone is around. When I did what you quoted I was working from home and did all of that solo until I started playing with Tempest and Father Chairface. I hate going solo for anything where you have to control/kill a zillion civilians because I inevitably miss one and gently caress it up. That is why I did Four Stores (on overkill) just to get a few easy levels (if I did it four times uninterrupted I could probably do it in sub-15 minutes and be at level ~40), then DW Ukrainian because it takes longer but is worth more XP (and is easier with some skills), thennn once I have even more skills I can do DW Murky Station in ~20 minutes if I am lucky, so I do that and Election day on Overkill until I feel the need to go loud, so I do a loud heist with the 20% XP boost.

Speaking of it, other than a ship blocking your view of the trucks at the start of day 1, what does Election Day DW throw at you to make it worse?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

Speaking of it, other than a ship blocking your view of the trucks at the start of day 1, what does Election Day DW throw at you to make it worse?

Day 2 requires you to find a crowbar to open the crates.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tempest_56 posted:

Day 2 requires you to find a crowbar to open the crates.

they're everywhere though, so it's really good to do for infamy boosting

pretty easy 20% stealth bonus for your next heist too, so it's a great one-two combo with a high XP job after

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Smh if you don't do a loud OVK Mallcrashers as your first heist of the infamy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bort Bortles posted:

Back when I got my first few infamy levels Father Chairface would lead me/us through something very similar to that and I would be in the 70s in like 5 heists.

But yeah it depends on if anyone is around. When I did what you quoted I was working from home and did all of that solo until I started playing with Tempest and Father Chairface. I hate going solo for anything where you have to control/kill a zillion civilians because I inevitably miss one and gently caress it up. That is why I did Four Stores (on overkill) just to get a few easy levels (if I did it four times uninterrupted I could probably do it in sub-15 minutes and be at level ~40), then DW Ukrainian because it takes longer but is worth more XP (and is easier with some skills), thennn once I have even more skills I can do DW Murky Station in ~20 minutes if I am lucky, so I do that and Election day on Overkill until I feel the need to go loud, so I do a loud heist with the 20% XP boost.

Chorse

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I'm on Xbox 1 so I still am waiting for the update :negative:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Psion posted:

okay so when you look at your Heathers with this build equipped, stability is at 100 in purple right? Maybe remove one of the +stab skills and see if it stays there. If so, remove two. You could probably get some points freed up that way. I'd also un-ace stable shot. Since when are you ever standing still with a vest+akimbos build? :v:

alternately shrug and say "hey it works so who cares" because hey, if it works, who cares?
My stability with the Akimbos is 96 and not 100 because gently caress the wonky way that the LED Combo mod sits :colbert:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Bort Bortles posted:

My stability with the Akimbos is 96 and not 100 because gently caress the wonky way that the LED Combo mod sits :colbert:

I, too, vastly prefer the military laser-only instead of a LED combo on most guns. LED Combo laser is too far off bore!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

chairface posted:

I, too, vastly prefer the military laser-only instead of a LED combo on most guns. LED Combo laser is too far off bore!

You are absolutely loving right.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Got kicked from a pub game for the first time :allears: Pub host got mad that I didnt use my keycard to open the archive doors in Hoxbreak. He spelled my name horribly wrong in all caps saying "USE KEYKARD" then a split second later while I was moving to the door he types BYE and kicks me :shrek:
He had a keycard of his own, which is the best part to me.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Bort Bortles posted:

Got kicked from a pub game for the first time :allears: Pub host got mad that I didnt use my keycard to open the archive doors in Hoxbreak. He spelled my name horribly wrong in all caps saying "USE KEYKARD" then a split second later while I was moving to the door he types BYE and kicks me :shrek:
He had a keycard of his own, which is the best part to me.

Most likely the guy was saving his card for the exit door and didn't want to rely on a random player to do the same, but yeah, this poo poo happens. I've been kicked for not putting down an ammo bag fast enough, picking up too many gage packages in quick succession, giving advice to someone else in the team who asked for it and even stranger things.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I am very grateful for the fact I've never touched the pubstove. (In pd2.)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
As always, pubstoving is fine, as long as you host.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Pubstoving is great to be able to see just how bad the average pubbie is, and how many of them are doing poo poo like running Rogue with ICTV.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I enjoy pubbing especially when it allows me to be a superhero and carry my whole team when they get custodied and I know they're forced to watch me make it out to be child's play.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Tempest_56 posted:

Pubstoving is great to be able to see just how bad the average pubbie is, and how many of them are doing poo poo like running Rogue with ICTV.

It's even better when you come across that bad rear end pubby that puts most goons to shame.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shooting Blanks posted:

It's even better when you come across that bad rear end pubby that puts most goons to shame.

Well this here may be a tub of weasel poo poo and rabid wolverines but by god there's the occasional pearl rolling around in there too.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FAUXTON posted:

Well this here may be a tub of weasel poo poo and rabid wolverines but by god there's the occasional pearl rolling around in there too.

I had a team of 3 pearls one day. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't asleep.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they were friends leaving one slot open on their own pubbie safari because they started trolling me by switching my trip mines to sensor mode.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Booted up my PS4 today, and holy poo poo, a actual 16gb update for the console version! Still downloading it for a laugh, but according to most of the complaints it's mostly just a download for paid DLC, with a handful of free stuff and no actual patch notes or fixes.

It's alright though, after 18 months of no support whatsoever, you can pay another $39.99 to unlock all that new DLC they added. Best part of all?

People's inventory and unlocks are being deleted, and they broke crime.net.

Battling The Division for shittiest patch ever, but I think they take the title for taking a year and a half and loving it up on day one. :allears:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

limited posted:

Booted up my PS4 today, and holy poo poo, a actual 16gb update for the console version! Still downloading it for a laugh, but according to most of the complaints it's mostly just a download for paid DLC, with a handful of free stuff and no actual patch notes or fixes.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me, since you don't have to buy the content to play it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

limited posted:

Battling The Division for shittiest patch ever

Let's not say things we can't take back.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
God drat this game is terrible.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

limited posted:

It's alright though, after 18 months of no support whatsoever, you can pay another $39.99 to unlock all that new DLC they added. Best part of all?

People's inventory and unlocks are being deleted, and they broke crime.net.

Battling The Division for shittiest patch ever, but I think they take the title for taking a year and a half and loving it up on day one. :allears:

quote:

We now know which masks etc that could have disappeared so we're looking into the possibility to give X amount of those specific masks, materials etc to all Crimewave users that got the new update. We'll keep you posted on the progress.

quote:

An error message appears for me in Crime.net. How did this pass QA? Are you working on a fix? - This is only an issue in the live environment, meaning that we couldn't detect this issue before the update went live. We've found the cause of the issue and are working on a fix that we'll launch as soon as possible.
So how can I play until the Crime.net error message is fixed? - The error message seems to appear after about 20-30 seconds of being in Crime.net so the most effective way for affected players to join a lobby is to do that within 20-30 seconds.
You can exit and enter Crime.net again to reset that "timer".
How is it going with the voice chat issue? - We're working on a fix for this that we're aiming to launch in an upcoming patch.
Are you working on improving the aiming? - Yes. We're working on a way to make the aiming more smooth and more satifying. This is something we'll launch as soon as we're satisfied with how it's working.

edit: sidenote- apparently your vehicle speed is indirectly dictated by your framerate, like cop pathing AI is. Think about what this means for car shop.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 9, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Watched some big score gameplay and console is getting the new weapon preview mode when customizing guns. A nice surprise. I believe infamy 2.0 as well will be in the update.

Xbox patch is still in limbo though.

Since we can now Mark lobbies stealth or loud I wonder if that means crime net is fixed. (On Xbox crime net matchmaking was completely removed.)

I am pretty psyched for the update. The main new gun I want to shoot is the vector.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

swims posted:

The main new gun I want to shoot is the vector.

It's good. Check out Jacket's Piece as well, it's got a similar feel to the vector.

I think you get the BBQ Pack in this update as well, which is an extremely good purchase. Flamethrowers are amazing.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: sidenote- apparently your vehicle speed is indirectly dictated by your framerate, like cop pathing AI is. Think about what this means for car shop.

I thought the only people who still tied game speed to framerate were Flash developers.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Colosmicon posted:

I thought the only people who still tied game speed to framerate were Flash developers.

Nope, a lot of games apparently still do this bullshit. Like the most recent Need For Speed Undercover, locked at 30 fps and if you unlock it to more, it breaks the physics engine. What boggles my mind is that they have to build the games from the ground up to be like this, and no one ever stops and goes "Hold up. Won't this gently caress everything horribly?"

Game development!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
didn't that also happen for Fallout 4? then again thats a bethesda game, so that's just to be expected.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

didn't that also happen for Fallout 4? then again thats a bethesda game, so that's just to be expected.

Not just Fallout 4, actually, it's been a bug in every Bethesda-made Gamebryo game since they implemented their perfunctory physics engine in Oblivion.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I could use a look-over of a gimmick(-ish) build I've put together for being flamethrower-focused. Build is here.

Basics:
- ICTV/Infiltrator (since dodge with a flamethrower ain't happening) with the expectation of mostly close-quarters and that I can poke cops for health while they're screaming on fire.
- Bulletstorm ammo bags for 15 wonderful seconds of unlimited fire.
- Lock N' Load to sprint and flamethrower.
- A couple pistol skills with the Deagle for anti-sniper/anti-dozer/finishing off tasers and cloakers.
- Swan Song for more unlimited fire.
- Bloodthirst to speed up the slow flamethrower reload.

But the build isn't quite working out like I'd hoped it would. (Aside from there being lots of fire. That part's really successful.) Anybody see any tweaks I'm missing to try and make it a bit better?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Tempest_56 posted:

I could use a look-over of a gimmick(-ish) build I've put together for being flamethrower-focused. Build is here.

Basics:
- ICTV/Infiltrator (since dodge with a flamethrower ain't happening) with the expectation of mostly close-quarters and that I can poke cops for health while they're screaming on fire.
- Bulletstorm ammo bags for 15 wonderful seconds of unlimited fire.
- Lock N' Load to sprint and flamethrower.
- A couple pistol skills with the Deagle for anti-sniper/anti-dozer/finishing off tasers and cloakers.
- Swan Song for more unlimited fire.
- Bloodthirst to speed up the slow flamethrower reload.

But the build isn't quite working out like I'd hoped it would. (Aside from there being lots of fire. That part's really successful.) Anybody see any tweaks I'm missing to try and make it a bit better?

Don't use Infiltrator. Use Anarchist or Muscle. Actually, use Anarchist plus Frenzy. Do that. Something like this, probably.

I wouldn't bother with pistol skills. Just grab a good SMG and use that as a secondary.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
So what's the new TechForcer build since the new skill trees came out? Not sure how I feel about fire trap. But thoughts on this build? I mainly use SMGs and rifles, so I can skip shotgun skills.

edit: Fixed link, but it looks like pd2weapons seems to be better

Blight Runner fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 10, 2016

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Tempest_56 posted:

What problems are you facing, exactly? I'm guessing survivability is an issue. In which case, I would advise dropping aced Fully Loaded because you already have two full ammo bags, and acing Bullseye to get back more armour with headshots. Also get basic Die Hard to protect yourself when interacting with objectives or reviving team-mates. Take away aced Parkour - I've never found it useful because I prefer to take cover and reload, and anyway you're in an ICTV so you're slow and its usefulness is therefore limited - and ace Underdog instead.

Infiltrator certainly can work on this build, but you'll die terribly on open heists like Goat Simulator Day 1. I agree that you should consider using an SMG secondary though, like the Krinkov which can be modded for good accuracy and stability and also deals excellent damage.

Also, dodge crit flamethrower is definitely a thing with aced Sneaky Bastard and Low Blow, and the Crook perk deck. The downside is you'll end up with a pretty poo poo secondary since the flamethrower's maximum concealment is 8.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Wastrel_ posted:

Also, dodge crit flamethrower is definitely a thing with aced Sneaky Bastard and Low Blow, and the Crook perk deck. The downside is you'll end up with a pretty poo poo secondary since the flamethrower's maximum concealment is 8.

I always used a super concealable Bronco to hit 26 DR with the Flamethrower. It's not the absolute best secondary ever, but it's more than capable as long as you're not trying to kill snipers from a mile away.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Blight Runner posted:

So what's the new TechForcer build since the new skill trees came out? Not sure how I feel about fire trap. But thoughts on this build? I mainly use SMGs and rifles, so I can skip shotgun skills.

edit: Fixed link, but it looks like pd2weapons seems to be better

Fire trap is incredible and also very funny you should use it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I wish there was a misc pool of skills to get, like "switch guns while sprinting", "extra X damage" (x being fire, explosive, melee, whatever), "certain bullets can pass through certain enemies", "time slows down when a Cloaker is attacking you".

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Tempest_56 posted:

(since dodge with a flamethrower ain't happening)

First, this is incorrect.
Second, if you construct your entire build around it, you can run a dodge/crit flamethrower setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to see if I can somehow fit a crit/minigun/RPG build in. im sure it wont work, but lets see

edit: gently caress i infamied