Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Le Saboteur posted:

I figure after Punk loses they'll have him fight that Mike Jackson guy who apparently is still under contract with the UFC after his Gall fight.

I don't think Punk could beat an MMA journalist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1st AD posted:

I don't think Punk could beat an MMA journalist.

Ariel Helwani could kick Punk's rear end

Referee Herb Dean would absolutely destroy Punk

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Ariel Helwani could kick Punk's rear end

Referee Herb Dean would absolutely destroy Punk

Joe Rogan vs. Punk in a MMA fight would be amazing

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
We talked about it once upon a time. The professional wrestling posters were upset at the idea of the roided up fight commentator with umpteen years more experience at...everything would beat the bad broken professional wrestler.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

Joe Rogan vs. Punk in a MMA fight would be amazing

I don't have any confidence in Rogan being able to stay away from weed long enough for him to pass a pre-fight drug test. Unless we're talking about it happening in like, RIZIN or somewhere where that wouldn't be an issue

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

We talked about it once upon a time. The professional wrestling posters were upset at the idea of the roided up fight commentator with umpteen years more experience at...everything would beat the bad broken professional wrestler.

Somebody even said this:

cams posted:

for real, people talking about joe rogan beating cm punk in a fight is the highest point of this thread

Which was odd to me at the time since it seemed like such an innocuous thing to suggest that Punk would lose to someone with a lot more training than him, but I guess some people don't know about Rogan's martial arts background.

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't have any confidence in Rogan being able to stay away from weed long enough for him to pass a pre-fight drug test. Unless we're talking about it happening in like, RIZIN or somewhere where that wouldn't be an issue

They only test for weed on fight night with a pretty high threshold. You only have to stop a week out and your fine. Rogan would fail because he's on TRT.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chris James 2 posted:

someone asked Joe Rogan whether he'd ever fight in the octagon and he said he'd blow up the drug test so

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

CM Punk will lose.

CM Punk winning would be the most UFC in 2016 thing.

Good thing Gall is protected from neck cranks thanks to his chiropractor dad.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I have friends who are like doctors and lawyers and train twice a week that could beat up CM punk, whether joe rogan could beat him isnt even a question imo. Its a skill like anything else, its like if a guy who never dribbled a basketball before picked one up for the first time at age 38 and challenged a guy who has been playing at the rec center for 20 years and played in high school to a pick-up game

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Sprecherscrow posted:

Somebody even said this:

Which was odd to me at the time since it seemed like such an innocuous thing to suggest that Punk would lose to someone with a lot more training than him, but I guess some people don't know about Rogan's martial arts background.

They only test for weed on fight night with a pretty high threshold. You only have to stop a week out and your fine. Rogan would fail because he's on TRT.

https://twitter.com/JoeLauzon/status/543546698442620929

https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/543554133848891392

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

manyak posted:

I have friends who are like doctors and lawyers and train twice a week that could beat up CM punk, whether joe rogan could beat him isnt even a question imo. Its a skill like anything else, its like if a guy who never dribbled a basketball before picked one up for the first time at age 38 and challenged a guy who has been playing at the rec center for 20 years and played in high school to a pick-up game

I think almost every MMA poster here could take punk to pound town

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

Le Saboteur posted:

Punk not doing a practice weight cut then telling Faber in the latest Embedded he doesn't have a nutritionist for his weight cut his wife is just making his meals is really something.

How do we know he isn't trying to sell the fight as "oh man gotta see this guy get his dick kicked off into the crowd".

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

MMA fighter Mickey Gall, who doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page

iktf

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Punk should hire Ric Flair or something to jump into the cage and hit him with a chair. Gall and Flair with the heist of the century!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I can't believe this is really happening. I honestly never expected Punk to fight

I wonder how much he misses weight by. Didn't he need to cut ~30 lbs before refusing to use a nutritionist?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Chris James 2 posted:

At least Ryback believes in him

The big lug :3:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

That DICK! posted:

Punk should hire Ric Flair or something to jump into the cage and hit him with a chair. Gall and Flair with the heist of the century!

Sorry dude, Ric Flair is retired and would never disappoint his fans by coming back to any type of fight sport.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Reminder, WWE will totally talk about this debut. Edge and Christian said so!

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Le Saboteur posted:

When Mickey most likely dismantles Punk who can he possibly face next with his 3-0 professional MMA record?

With one more win he can fight Cormier

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
would any old time posters mind making a joke about someone jumping into the cage and hitting mickey gall with a chair?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I hope Punk slips in a surprise punch and flash kos Gall, tries to walk it off only for Gall to get up and brutalize him

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

CM Punk submitted a guy in the final episode of Evolution of Punk. I thought y'all said he lost all his smokers?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Burt Buckle posted:

CM Punk submitted a guy in the final episode of Evolution of Punk. I thought y'all said he lost all his smokers?

nah the rumor was he lost to 15 out of 16, 1 of them ate a large meal before they sparred and was really feeling the cramps during the match

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I can't remember but I think the source was bisping

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I legit believe i could genuinely tap him. And I'm poo poo.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Those posters sound real dumb. Rogan would destroy him while stoned

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

dromal phrenia posted:

Justin Gaethje vs Punk would be a loving delight

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

dromal phrenia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ANV_KiB9Q&t=869s

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

joe rogan is cool as gently caress

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

lol. the first time i ever cut weight for a fight while training at duke roufus (which was my first fight ever and first time cutting weight), i had to cut 30 pounds to make 265 (i was fat back then) and the amateur coach was all "nah, don't do a test cut, you look like you'll do fine you look like youll drop weight easily." it was amature so same-day weigh-ins. i had to rehydrate in like 2 hours and gassed about 2 minutes into the thing. i barely won with a hail mary sub because my opponent was even fatter and a short dude and i just kinda plowed him into the fence and went for the flying triangle, which he was too gassed and inflexible to escape.

so ya, i absolutely believe they wouldnt have him do a test cut.

You should have sucked your opponents dick

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Eat Bum Zen posted:

I think almost every MMA poster here could take punk to pound town

i doubt that. i think one or two could

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Nice of Punk to show up to the presser in the suit his grandfather was buried in. https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/773960326706503680

I have no particular ill will for Senor Brooks but one of these guys looks like an athlete and the other one looks like he keeps loving up before he can get to his one week chip.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I want Punk to lose like everyone, but lol at the undertones of "a professional wrestler in my mma? :qq:"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nah

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
The day a wrestler looks good in a suit is the day they are better off doing something else.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I just noticed the first post in this thread says Punk signed a deal for eight fights.

lol

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

The Sphinxster posted:

ill will for Senor Brooks

*Bows deeply*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Le Saboteur posted:

Nice of Punk to show up to the presser in the suit his grandfather was buried in. https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/773960326706503680

No wonder Vince is bankrolling a lawsuit against him, Punk stole one of his suits!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I love coincidences and that's all I can take credit for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

i doubt that. i think one or two could

Probably like 6 or 7 would be a big favorite against him realistically and a bunch more would do fine against him

• Locked thread