Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

botany posted:

somebody go through that poo poo and tell me how much of it is nasty hentai so i can laugh at them

You do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

like i would even know what to look for dude

ive watched maybe two animes in my life 10 years ago or so, and one of them was the bonus poo poo that came with the matrix dvd lmao

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
the other one has "blue" in the title i think and the world was under water due to global warming and i think there was sex in it

it was on TV late at night

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

you forgot Aui playing carry which is the biggest LOL of the team

Team Dignitas haters vacate.

Surely after some scrims and a LAN they'll realize SVG or 1437 are better in-game leaders than EE. :ohdear:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i gotta say, my favorite thing about RTZs stream today is his attempts to get windows support on the phone lmao

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
my not so favorite part is wiz khalifa :chloe:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I believe in my boy Kurtis and his ability to carry. Of course, that's based on ignoring what happened on EG, and the fact that EE is captaining and switching to mid, and

basically I expect heartbreak, 100%

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I think they'll have a lot of fun without high expectations/pressure since it's basically a friendstack which is cool :)

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
yeah ee seems like the chill friend stack kind of guy ha ha ha

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

Luna Was Here posted:

So my last two questions to survey man are when are round 2 and 3 of the survey going out? Also are you distributing this to multiple communities or is Something Awful your main curator here?

Round 2 will start to go out in mid-October, about a month after round 1 closes (and will take into account comments from round 1). Round 3 isn't till January. Each round is open for about a month.

In terms of communities, I'm also distributing this on DOTAfire and the DOTA 2 reddit. Anywhere else I should be looking at?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Well he did say he was going for a chill friend stack this year :)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I belif in Arif

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Hmm pretty sure aui is an excellent carry and you're all retarded. But none of you even play the game because you're too emotionally unstable to stand 13 year olds raging about your probably abhorrent play so I don't blame you for being mistaken.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
hey shut the heck up it's time for SEA Dota action

https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ElNarez posted:

hey shut the heck up it's time for SEA Dota action

https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Winter and OD Pixel casting a LAN tournament? drat, what a way to quench the drought of pro dota

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

A lot of really exciting new SEA lineups too, so i am excited

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

https://www.twitch.tv/mineskitv if you want ~hype~ a working broadcast

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Hmm pretty sure aui is an excellent carry and you're all retarded. But none of you even play the game because you're too emotionally unstable to stand 13 year olds raging about your probably abhorrent play so I don't blame you for being mistaken.

Voted 3rd worst poster

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Voted Worst Mom posted:

At least I have the self awareness not to play something I'm terrible at.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Hmm pretty sure aui is an excellent carry and you're all retarded.

Please back this up with stats in recent meta, thanks.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Signature is bad. Really bad.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Aui, a TI winning player, got removed from the team and couldn't find a T1 team who would take him, gets relegated to the garbage iteration of DC who accomplished absolutely nothing except being the laughing stock of the scene, has no offers for a new team down to one day before the roster lock for Manila arrives and accepts an offer from EG knowing he's getting kicked the second the tournament ends, and EG are so committed to kicking him that they'd rather go through the open qualifiers for TI than play with him any more, and then with a huge amount of teams scrambling together to try and claw their way through the open qualifiers, Aui plays on none of them and finally ends up with a coaching job for a team that ties for last place at TI. "Aui is a great carry" is not a very defensible position.

on an unrelated note ddz and MtR are putting on a show

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
That riveting recount convinced me to root for NP

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

WG Unity is styling all over EHOME.K lmfao

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

botany posted:

somebody go through that poo poo and tell me how much of it is nasty hentai so i can laugh at them
Envy likes rom-com bullshit about a guy going to college and meeting the girl that lived next door that moved away when he was 5 and falling in love. That sort of romance novel story.

Shonen doesn't seem to interest him in the slightest. Which is odd given that he is the Gary Oak of Dota.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The REAL Goobusters posted:

https://twitter.com/NPDotA/status/773974205947752448

Look at all those unknown players and EE

E: AUI is carry lmao

"C9 drafts difficult, so much greed :negative:"

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Aui, a TI winning player, got removed from the team and couldn't find a T1 team who would take him, gets relegated to the garbage iteration of DC who accomplished absolutely nothing except being the laughing stock of the scene, has no offers for a new team down to one day before the roster lock for Manila arrives and accepts an offer from EG knowing he's getting kicked the second the tournament ends, and EG are so committed to kicking him that they'd rather go through the open qualifiers for TI than play with him any more, and then with a huge amount of teams scrambling together to try and claw their way through the open qualifiers, Aui plays on none of them and finally ends up with a coaching job for a team that ties for last place at TI. "Aui is a great carry" is not a very defensible position.

on an unrelated note ddz and MtR are putting on a show
On the other hand Jimmy just blazed a trail through TI so anything can happen

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Sep 9, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

alfheimwanderer posted:

Round 2 will start to go out in mid-October, about a month after round 1 closes (and will take into account comments from round 1). Round 3 isn't till January. Each round is open for about a month.

In terms of communities, I'm also distributing this on DOTAfire and the DOTA 2 reddit. Anywhere else I should be looking at?

I think maybe the playdota forums and possibly the dota 2 dev forums as well but I'm not sure how much overlap there is between the two tbh. I know icefrog posts on the dev forum occasionally so it's probably the more active one

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://youtu.be/vO-wYcpoyb8

Ppd has started uploading his TI draft analysis videos, which are usually very good. First up, eg vs. ehome :unsmigghh:

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

i've never seen a sand king get read so hard

Twice, his Blink Burrows have been interrupted by Gust... Meracle so good

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

gangnam reference posted:

Voted 3rd worst poster

who are the top two

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Sphyre posted:

who are the top two

me and bigpeeler

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
C

Sphyre posted:

who are the top two

Craptacular, MYself

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Chinese memes are on a whole other level

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Hahaha had to turn my phone upside down to confirm that.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

Luna Was Here posted:

I think maybe the playdota forums and possibly the dota 2 dev forums as well but I'm not sure how much overlap there is between the two tbh. I know icefrog posts on the dev forum occasionally so it's probably the more active one

I'll look into those. Thanks for the tips!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Have they said what "NP" means?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Nature's Prophet (can u tp top?)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Zurreco posted:

But then shouldn't the team be named Fury-on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Zurreco posted:

• Locked thread