Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ularg posted:

My friend had Zelda music at their wedding, no weird wardrobe, though. I was cringing but honestly most of the family there probably doesn't know where the music came from.

I've hinted to my fiancée that I'm going to slip "Careless Whisper" into our wedding somehow, because I like to suddenly play the song whenever we're trying to find music to play for something.

I once turned on the 10 hour version while taking a shower. She came into the bathroom and turned it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mr. 47 posted:

Although I wouldn't hold them up as role models either, I would argue that Varis and Jaimie are pretty drat stylish.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldou can and has made garbage bags look sexy

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

EmmyOk posted:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldou can and has made garbage bags look sexy

I saw a clip of some movie he was in as a young 'un, and he made 90's raver gear and white guy dreads look good. Dude is just uncannily good-looking.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I kinda feel bad about this one since I know the guy, but combine this look with being an unashamed brony and he just hits all the markers.

There's also this, which he was tagged in. I don't know the context except that it's a "Q&A group going to Jersey".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So I have to ask, why isn't the fedora poison by this point?

Knowing that people will instantly associate you with gross neckbeardism, why continue to act like fedoras (/trilbies) are worth wearing? Unless every single one of them doubles down on the pretense that it's actually classy and anyone who says otherwise is just a hater?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Data Graham posted:

Knowing that people will instantly associate you with gross neckbeardism, why continue to act like fedoras (/trilbies) are worth wearing? Unless every single one of them doubles down on the pretense that it's actually classy and anyone who says otherwise is just a hater?

Each of them thinks they are the one whos gonna "take it back" because they are obviously more stylish.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Females are stupid and are attracted to the wrong things.

Source: every dude on the internet who wears a fedora and talks about it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It only works if you are fit, handsome, over 40 and filmed in black and white.

Obese Bryce, assistant manager at the mini golf course, is not and never will be a dapper lad.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sounds like you're just a hater

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
They work better on black dudes, IMO

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm just lucky that the two times I wore a fedora was before all this "m'lady" neckbeard poo poo started. Once was to a party where "hats" was a theme and the second was to horse races.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Nerd themed weddings are a meeting of the worst things about consumer culture.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

^^^ :agreed:

Yikes

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

chitoryu12 posted:

I kinda feel bad about this one since I know the guy, but combine this look with being an unashamed brony and he just hits all the markers.

There's also this, which he was tagged in. I don't know the context except that it's a "Q&A group going to Jersey".

I can smell that second picture through my monitor

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Please tell me that it went like

"Do you, so-and-so, take this woman..."
"No."
"But thou must"

No, I'm more like Dracolord. I offered him half the world, then we woke up in bed together.

E:that was a stupid joke. Forgive me.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

DicktheCat posted:

No, I'm more like Dracolord. I offered him half the world, then we woke up in bed together.

Its ok . I dont understand it because im not a nerd. :frogc00l:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DicktheCat posted:

Jesus Idgi and don't explain

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

When you need T-Shirt to remind your youngest child what happened to their brothers when they didn't eat their broccoli.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Jesus, stop posting anything but pics here. You're diluting the thread.
:Preumptive edit: I spent too much time editing this. gently caress you all. gently caress me. I hate everything

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Raptor1033 posted:

:Preumptive edit: I spent too much time editing this. gently caress you all. gently caress me. I hate everything

This isn't a pic. But it is a classic. Take that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyhlybViJw

Lubby Chudder.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Raptor1033 posted:

I don't think prayer will bring him here

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

This isn't a pic. But it is a classic. Take that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyhlybViJw

Lubby Chudder.

WHY IS IT 5 MINUTES LONG?!
I've figured it out, I just can't deal with the bad. Cleanse this planet. Hail Satan SS-18. http://i.imgur.com/tJK2heV.gif

hazardousmouse has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Sep 9, 2016

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

kith_groupie posted:

Littlefinger is the best choice for GoT wedding theme costume for the dude though, he's the most sophisticated dresser guy on the show. Not that Littlefinger would be caught dead in such a cheaply made ill-fitting man robe. Of course, this precludes the whole "wedding based off a fantasy franchise" thing, which a sophisticated man like him would never do.

Source- my crush on Littlefinger.

holy poo poo thank you I thought I was alone

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

kith_groupie posted:

Littlefinger is the best choice for GoT wedding theme costume for the dude though, he's the most sophisticated dresser guy on the show. Not that Littlefinger would be caught dead in such a cheaply made ill-fitting man robe. Of course, this precludes the whole "wedding based off a fantasy franchise" thing, which a sophisticated man like him would never do.

Source- my crush on Littlefinger.

bringmyfishback posted:

holy poo poo thank you I thought I was alone

As someone who's been compared to Littlefinger, you have bad taste in men.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

MizPiz posted:

As someone who's been compared to Littlefinger, you have bad taste in men.

I liked him better when he was mayor of Baltimore.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Mr. 47 posted:

I liked him better when he was mayor of Baltimore.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked him better when he was sword fighting Jackie Chan in Big Ben.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Solice Kirsk posted:

I liked him better when he was sword fighting Jackie Chan in Big Ben.

Huh, could have sworn it was Alan Cumming in that film.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Data Graham posted:

What also confuses me is that they always seem to pick the shittiest possible style for themselves. Just look at this fucker:

Dude's already got a pretty big, round head, and then he goes ahead and picks the narrowest possible hat with a tiny brim that only makes his head look even fatter.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Crow Jane posted:

They work better on black dudes, IMO

A lot of fashion works better on black dudes. For some examples, see the whole of the 1970s.

hrvat
Nov 8, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Perestroika posted:

What also confuses me is that they always seem to pick the shittiest possible style for themselves. Just look at this fucker:

Dude's already got a pretty big, round head, and then he goes ahead and picks the narrowest possible hat with a tiny brim that only makes his head look even fatter.
only thing suitable for fatties is forced euthanasia

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Dudes wear fedoras in 2016 for the same reason dudes wore polyester and flares in 1981, because they are ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED that they are the exception to the rule, and also they're idiots.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Perestroika posted:

I will admit that some people just don't have the head for a hat. I've never once found a hat that actually looks good on me, no matter what style or size.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I wore a fedora to prom. I also had a full on zoot suit. Still looked awful as gently caress on me though.

Ah the memories

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Groke posted:

A lot of fashion works better on black dudes. For some examples, see the whole of the 1970s.

Checks out. Dude is killing it with those pants.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

You Are A Elf posted:

Also nails it:

Not so much:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
https://twitter.com/WilhelmW0lfgang/status/773946551840415744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't think he has to worry about getting a date.

• Locked thread