Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vargo posted:

I just dropped Tim Hightower to get Jernovich but I'm 5th in the waiver order so who knows.

Probably the only 9 points he'll get all year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Azhais posted:

Probably the only 9 points he'll get all year

Yeah, but... worst case scenario, I just pick up Tim Hightower again.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
No. Worst case you have Jernovich on your bench eating space

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Don't pick up Jernovich what in gods name are you doing

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

And you blow your waiver spot

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Don't pick up Jernovich what in gods name are you doing

I'm like 99% sure that was a joke

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Please pickup Jamovick

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Starting Funchess was a terrible idea.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Starting Funchess was a terrible idea.

They said Benjamin was on a snap count so it wasn't a bad idea, just didn't really seem to be all that limited

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

They said Benjamin was on a snap count so it wasn't a bad idea, just didn't really seem to be all that limited

That was my thinking. Plus my other options were all equally poo poo.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I don't feel bad about sitting cam for Stafford.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I did not believe in CJ Anderson, I did not start CJ Anderson, instead starting Christine Michael in the flex, can someone who was actually able to watch the game tell me if he is for real or if this is just a fluke week for him?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was only really off by one rushing touchdown so I'm okay with what I said :shrug:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I have a destination auction in Lake Tahoe this weekend. Our 16th season.
How much do you think Anderson will go for? I'm thinking of plopping down mid-40s

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Hixalot posted:

I did not believe in CJ Anderson, I did not start CJ Anderson, instead starting Christine Michael in the flex, can someone who was actually able to watch the game tell me if he is for real or if this is just a fluke week for him?

His situation is for real. But he's not some other-worldly talent.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
His answer in the post game interview pretty much sums it up. Paraphrasing but basically it was "I believe in the system. I don't do anything outside the system, and I just look for my opportunities inside the system."

CJ Anderson is going to be good for the same reasons that Foster was in Kubiak's offense. What I'm saying is CJ Anderson is basically Arian Foster, for better or for worse.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 9, 2016

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Hixalot posted:

He looked good. Even if he isn't an amazing talent, his situation is nice. And even against a good defense, you should've started him tonight. Week 1 isn't the time to get cute. We have no in-season information yet, so you're best off just playing your top guys until you get more info to go off of.

Now you're going to play him next week and he'll get 3 points.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Since Rivers is playing against the chiefs this week should I pick up Flacco or Alex Smith to start for one game? Flacco has the bills and there's no one else worth looking at.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Hixalot posted:

CJA has the highest YPC in the league over the last two years amomg backs who have had at least 150 carries.....at least according to TNF.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

It's me, I'm the guy that is stashing Lynch on my bench until next week.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
CJA was making smart choices and looked hard to tackle. I was initially surprised at how early Booker rotated in - it seemed like the plan was for the two to timeshare right away, another CJA/Hillman situation - but Booker fumbled on his first carry and didn't look impressive on his subsequent carries so CJA it was. He looks like he is perfectly capable of 40-70 rushing yards per game, maybe with 1/2-2/3 touchdown average on the ground. The main boost to is value was the involvement in the passing game. I didn't get a good feel for Siemian's ability to work through a progression, but he made some excellent short and mid-distance throws and looked very comfortable finding his checkdown. As a consequence, CJA got 47 yards on 4 of 5 targets. 3-5 receptions for ~30 yards per game average seems reasonable. I wouldn't expect the passing touchdowns to continue though.

JStew looked like the best runner on the field, though. No matter how many times I see him, I'm always surprised by how quick he is for such a big guy. Had what I thought was the best run of the night, boxed in by three defenders on an outside run completely isolated from any blockers, and somehow squirt past all three, broke another tackle, and then fell over for some extra yards at the end. His lack of pass-catching involvement and Cam's tendency to keep the ball to himself at the goal line is going to severely limit his fantasy upside, though.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

DeepDickPizza posted:

Now you're going to play him next week and he'll get 3 points.

I don't think IND has a defense, just some cardboard cutouts.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Oh, another big thing I noticed from the ground games: Cameron Artis-Payne didn't appear to be the backup. CAP wasn't even active - he was a healthy scratch. Instead, Fozzy Whittaker was the change of pace guy. If you had CAP as your lotto ticket, I'd probably consider looking elsewhere.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If you consider any backup depth Carolina pick then you probably are in a 16 person league or you don't mind two points a game.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

The new "spreadsheet wars" goon dynasty league has up to 29 roster spots for 12 teams, and that's with no idp, no defenses, and no kickers.

We are scraping the goddamned barrel, man. It's glorious.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

should i trade cmike and landry for one of cooper/dez and if so which of them should i target? dez is still more valuable without romo, right?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Cam got hit in the head a lot. I can't imagine any human being surviving 16 games like that.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

In "Tevin Coleman is severely underrated" news,

"Go with the guy who's hot; keep them both fresh," Shanahan said. "I don't worry about that stuff too much. I love both those backs. There's really no difference to me which one is in the game, so it's a good problem to have. Whoever's rolling with it, you stick with him. When they need a break, the other guy comes in. You try to keep them both fresh to see how it pans out at the end of the game."

Teeter posted:

Cam got hit in the head a lot. I can't imagine any human being surviving 16 games like that.

Luckily they don't play the Broncos every week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thank god I stood by my man CJ. 26 points baby!

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Forever_Peace posted:

Luckily they don't play the Broncos every week.

Indeed. Yikes:
http://i.imgur.com/Mn1z9Ld.mp4

On the plus side, I have J Stewart stashed so maybe he'll see a bit more action if Cam gets reined in a bit.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forever_Peace posted:

In "Tevin Coleman is severely underrated" news,

"Go with the guy who's hot; keep them both fresh," Shanahan said. "I don't worry about that stuff too much. I love both those backs. There's really no difference to me which one is in the game, so it's a good problem to have. Whoever's rolling with it, you stick with him. When they need a break, the other guy comes in. You try to keep them both fresh to see how it pans out at the end of the game."

I think that if the giants didn't break Colemans ribs week 2 he'd be a top pick this year. He's just a far superior runner and athlete to Freeman and I'm willing to bet he takes the majority shares this year at some point.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Teeter posted:

It seems like he's being treated more like a runner and less like a QB. If Aaron Rodgers had taken a hit like that the refs would have come down hard.

The officiating yesterday seemed pretty lovely overall.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Doltos posted:

I think that if the giants didn't break Colemans ribs week 2 he'd be a top pick this year. He's just a far superior runner and athlete to Freeman and I'm willing to bet he takes the majority shares this year at some point.

Which is why I didn't touch Freeman with a 90 foot pole in any league. That and because of the difference between his start and his finish to the season. Perhaps he has a great year, but I didn't want to take that risk with such a high pick.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I had a response to that but I lost it and dropped the ball.

Like Tevin Coleman does.

To literal footballs.

Like all the time.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Spoeank posted:

I had a response to that but I lost it and dropped the ball.

Like Tevin Coleman does.

To literal footballs.

Like all the time.

Seriously. I didn't take Freeman at all this year since he went in the first round in like every league I'm in, but the Tevin Coleman hype seems unwarranted,. The guy can't look at a football without fumbling it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gearman posted:

It's me, I'm the guy that is stashing Lynch on my bench until next week.

Why

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Since Rivers is playing against the chiefs this week should I pick up Flacco or Alex Smith to start for one game? Flacco has the bills and there's no one else worth looking at.

I'm rolling with Rivers. Both of his games last year against KC were without Keenan Allen and his numbers with KA in the lineup last year were outstanding. They probably will also be playing from behind the whole game too.

Not saying he's a top 5 play or anything, but I think he'll do enough to turn in a decent performance.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

He is considering un-retiring.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ahhhh Marshawn, not Paxton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/marshawn-lynch-fantasy-comeback-retirement-seahawks/17s2bpsj6ip211lbft63j5mxkl

Apparently a teammate reached out to him and Lynch said there is no way he is coming back.

• Locked thread