Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mycroft Holmes posted:

dodged a bullet there, i guess

lmao that you thought that any of that was genuine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

VanSandman posted:

also lol daughter of pissbitch is pretty funny poo poo, if its fake it should end here, any more twists will just be ridiculous.

Never going to happen. Goons never know when to quit - just look at any successful thread in the history of this place. Starts out great, they start enjoying the attention and feel compelled to continue to ramp up the action until the attention goes away.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I'm happy that the DoPB saga could end well.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Has to be fake because they both sound like such idiots I refuse to believe they would ever make it to being engaged before something else just as trivial destroyed their relationship

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I've been out on disability from work since early December 2015. I work in a warehouse and slightly injured my wrist and thumb lifting some boxes. The doctor checked it out, put me on disability for a month, with the caveat that I'd keep getting checked out by my own doctor.

My brother is a doctor and has been filling out the necessary paperwork to keep me on disability since then. On top of that, at my girlfriend's suggestion, I'm suing my job for unsafe working conditions.

My confession, as you've probably figured out, is that I'm fine. I could have gone back to work in early January. But everyone at the warehouse already hated me, and they REALLY hate me since I was gone for the busiest time of the year. At this point, I'm almost afraid to go back to work, but I can't quit, or else I'll lose my disability check and would have to throw out my pending lawsuit. It would effectively ruin me financially. I'm making around 250 dollars a week now, and my girlfriend works part time at Wendy's. We live a pretty good life in her parent's basement, but I couldn't lose my check. Or worst case scenario - be counter sued by my job for fraud and be bankrupted.

This has come to a head since, besides my warehouse job, I work at a Renaissance Festival that runs through the fall. I am paranoid somebody from work will see me, or that my job will send a private investigator, or something like that. That said, quitting the Ren Fest is NOT an option - it's my only creative outlet all year. I am also a crucial part of this year's show, as I've been upgraded to Fur Trapper, which is a pretty cool part to play, and I get to run the axe throwing booth.

I am living the sweet life right now, but am super paranoid that the house of cards is about to come tumbling down.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I really can't see the lawsuit thing ending well

Like, if all you need for your check is your brother's signatures, great, keep that poo poo rolling as long as you can. But taking it to court is just asking for additional scrutiny you don't want. Drop the suit.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Sometimes I wonder if the anxiety I experience in life is actually guilt, expecting consequences for my wrongdoings. That confession is a good case for that.

Dude, I don't know how bad your coworker situation really is, but unless they're gonna outright murder you or something you should probably "get better" and go back to work.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

worker's comp fraud goon

Whoa, $250 a week! That is definitely worth the risk of being countersued by your employer for fraud and thrown in prison! Hell yeah bro! Also your brother will lose his medical license when you're found out, so you'll be loving over basically your entire family for $1000 a month lmao

Also I'm pretty sure I can tell where you live just by your confession so uh good luck idiot

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 8, 2016

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Yeah, on second thought, we may already be at the "fake your own death and move to Bali" stage here.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

bradzilla posted:

Whoa, $250 a week! That is definitely worth the risk of being countersued by your employer for fraud and thrown in prison! Hell yeah bro! Also your brother will lose his medical license when you're found out, so you'll be loving over basically your entire family for $1000 a month lmao

That was my reaction too lol

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Dude if you sue they will investigate you, as the cost of hiring a private investigator is much, much cheaper than whatever you're suing them for is.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Earning $1000/mo and living in your girlfriend's parents' basement, the very definition of 'sweet life'.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

junan_paalla posted:

Earning $1000/mo and living in your girlfriend's parents' basement, the very definition of 'sweet life'.

Don't forget his sweet loving gig at the renaissance festival. This guy has it made.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Also I'm pretty sure I can tell where you live just by your confession so uh good luck idiot

Yeah when I inevitably stop by the local renfest like I do once a year I'm totally gonna ask the axe-throwing-booth guy if he has stairs in his house

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
way to go on the fraud dickhead. Maybe quit that poo poo before you gently caress everyone you know over

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

loquacius posted:

Yeah when I inevitably stop by the local renfest like I do once a year I'm totally gonna ask the axe-throwing-booth guy if he has stairs in his house

maybe you wont but i know what im doing now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Putty posted:

maybe you wont but i know what im doing now

I really did not mean that to sound sarcastic because I absolutely plan on doing it

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Fraud goon: your girlfriend is an idiot.

Maybe don't take legal advice from someone working PT at Wendys while living in their parent's basement shacked up with some lazy loser goon like yourself.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
That dude is real ambitious lmao

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

La vida loca

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I’m a 32-year-old virgin, and I’m living the feminist dream

edit: gently caress can you make this anonymous please mods

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gently caress the ROW posted:

edit: gently caress can you make this anonymous please mods

i got u fam

quote:

I’m a 32-year-old virgin, and I’m living the feminist dream

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

One son is a doctor and the other works at the loving ren fair lol I wonder what your parents go to lie is when people ask what their kids do for a living.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Honestly the "daughter of pissbitch" is the most blatantly fake poo poo ever and it's boring.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

remigious posted:

Honestly the "daughter of pissbitch" is the most blatantly fake poo poo ever and it's boring.

I was kind of buying it until that last update. Flew too close to the sun.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
lol at the attention-hungry goon trying to latch on to the pissbitch thing in order to get their dumb fiction noticed or somehow lol-worthy

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Who among you wouldn't be the next son or daughter of pissbitch given the chance? Yet only some dared to dream

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Lawsuit goon, assuming you aren't bullshitting, You are an idiot. If your suit goes anywhere near a courtroom they will get a PI. You are admitting to working in a public place performing a physical job. The PI will pay admission, tape you and bring it to court. It's possible your brother may slide and hide his part in the fraud by saying you honestly had him convinced but I wouldn't bet on it.

My sister was a PI and they would sneak into country clubs to get video of someone golfing or surveil for weeks to catch someone carrying out their garbage can. You're on the same level of idiot that they would catch reroofing their house while on workman's comp, but you already know the possibility of a PI so you are a step below.

Best to cut your loss and drop the suit.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

I wonder what your parents go to lie is when people ask what their kids do for a living.

"we only have one son"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

quote:

I've been out on disability from work since early December 2015. I work in a warehouse and slightly injured my wrist and thumb lifting some boxes. The doctor checked it out, put me on disability for a month, with the caveat that I'd keep getting checked out by my own doctor.

My brother is a doctor and has been filling out the necessary paperwork to keep me on disability since then. On top of that, at my girlfriend's suggestion, I'm suing my job for unsafe working conditions.

My confession, as you've probably figured out, is that I'm fine. I could have gone back to work in early January. But everyone at the warehouse already hated me, and they REALLY hate me since I was gone for the busiest time of the year. At this point, I'm almost afraid to go back to work, but I can't quit, or else I'll lose my disability check and would have to throw out my pending lawsuit. It would effectively ruin me financially. I'm making around 250 dollars a week now, and my girlfriend works part time at Wendy's. We live a pretty good life in her parent's basement, but I couldn't lose my check. Or worst case scenario - be counter sued by my job for fraud and be bankrupted.

This has come to a head since, besides my warehouse job, I work at a Renaissance Festival that runs through the fall. I am paranoid somebody from work will see me, or that my job will send a private investigator, or something like that. That said, quitting the Ren Fest is NOT an option - it's my only creative outlet all year. I am also a crucial part of this year's show, as I've been upgraded to Fur Trapper, which is a pretty cool part to play, and I get to run the axe throwing booth.

I am living the sweet life right now, but am super paranoid that the house of cards is about to come tumbling down.

I'm on actual disability and they will 100% find out and you'll get hosed. the amount of forms and paperwork to keep around is crazier than I am

stump collector
May 28, 2007

bradzilla posted:

could be in kansas city

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bradzilla posted:

if they find the person not disabled they're responsible to pay everything back. at least that's how it works here

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Please don't get caught in your fraud because you couldn't give up the loving ren fair of all things

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Improbable Lobster posted:

Please don't get caught in your fraud because you couldn't give up the loving ren fair of all things

Hey that guys a pivotal character this year. Furry trappers don't grow on trees ok :crossarms:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

Like seriously, you dumb gently caress, you're lying for profit and you're going to go wear long johns and say "prithee" a bunch? Get hosed.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

GlitchThief posted:

I was kind of buying it until that last update. Flew too close to the sun.

The bitch that pisses brightest pisses shortest :angel:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What if he disappears into his character so well that the PI has no idea?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hedrigall posted:

What if he disappears into his character so well that the PI has no idea?

I'm not Richard O'Shaunnesy Mr PI, I'm Cap'n Vandal Fuzzy the Furry Trappin Axe-Thrower! Yarr!

You are fine Ren Faire goon. Double down on the lawsuit and go work on the girlfriends roof while you are at it. Do some outside yard work. Maybe pick up some day labour as that totally pays in cash so you will not get caught. Also start selling weed and meth on the side for sweet sweet cashola. You and your girl are so clever its guaranteed to make millions. You can trust me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i took a couple of valium last night to have a mellow night watching jason statham films

thats my confession

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
When I've gone to ren fairs the axe throw guy was always the lowest energy goony guy working there. It's a bullshit game anyway the axes are almost impossible to get to stick in the wood compared to the stars/knives.

• Locked thread