Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

io_burn posted:

Those of you with these third party bluetooth thingers, does your music automatically start playing when your phone connects to it? On my Prius factory stereo, it seems completely random as to whether or not Spotify will start playing when it connects and in the five years I've had this car, across multiple iPhones. I've never been able to figure out why that is.

The Prius both connects and sends a play message if the stereo is on. Whether that plays anything depends on whether the app that was last playing is still in memory. Most headphones I've worked with don't auto send a play message; if audio is already playing it'll switch from speaker/other Bluetooth to the just connected headphones and continue playing, otherwise it'll redirect any audio to the headphones and wait for you l some app to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

I can't decide between jet black and matte black :psyduck:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

flipoff posted:

Yeah same here. I mean they are both gonna look great in the saddle brown case but with the decrease in screen replacement cost I may just go caseless and live on the edge.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah same here. I mean they are both gonna look great in the saddle brown case but with the decrease in screen replacement cost I may just go caseless and live on the edge.

It really makes me wonder what the motive is for the decreased screen replacement costs. Is it possible Apple was like "ya'know, it's kind of hosed we make such great looking devices but people wrap 'em in all kinds of gaudy rear end cases because if you look at them wrong they shatter and it's expensive to fix."

...Or what. Seems like there's little reason to reduce the price of that so significantly when they've totally got you by the balls when your screen cracks.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
It's to encourage AppleCare+ sales, I imagine.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

flipoff posted:

:same:

I always go caseless so I'm a bit worried about damage to the jet black but I don't remember my old glossy iPhone backs really having a problem, so I'm leaning jet.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Jet seems really cool because it's reminiscent of the old 3G which was my first iPhone, but I have the feeling it'll scuff/smudge a lot easier. Also I have the feeling it's going to be the defacto "space gray / most popular" version so if you wanna be a special snowflake I'd probably go matte.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I think it'll be just the opposite. People are going t freak out about the jet black possibly showing scuffs and will default to the matte.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

gret posted:

I think it'll be just the opposite. People are going t freak out about the jet black possibly showing scuffs and will default to the matte.

Yep, Marques had one on camera that already had a few micro scratches and that was at the showing after the keynote

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
The cheapest one will sell the most and that will be the matte black one.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

So in speed tests the iPhone 6s lapped the Note 7 and Edge, surely the iPhone 7 laps it two or probably three times? Can't wait

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
:siren: For those not looking to take advantage of the Verizon trade-in deal (since apparently annual upgraders like me would forfeit half of the $650 credit), the My Verizon iOS app will already let you place preorders - all you have to do is go through the upgrade process as normal, and when selecting the new device press the search (magnifying glass) button. If you type in 'iPhone 7' or 'iPhone 7+' it will link you to the product page and let you proceed to checkout. :siren:

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

:same:

I always go caseless so I'm a bit worried about damage to the jet black but I don't remember my old glossy iPhone backs really having a problem, so I'm leaning jet.

I'm going caseless with Jet Black - figure I'll be returning it 12 months later for the next iphone anyway.

Read that the jet black one is more comfortable to hold as well.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Stutes posted:

:siren: For those not looking to take advantage of the Verizon trade-in deal (since apparently annual upgraders like me would forfeit half of the $650 credit), the My Verizon iOS app will already let you place preorders - all you have to do is go through the upgrade process as normal, and when selecting the new device press the search (magnifying glass) button. If you type in 'iPhone 7' or 'iPhone 7+' it will link you to the product page and let you proceed to checkout. :siren:

Following these instructions didn't work on my verizon account, it would just link me to a page telling me the iPhone 7 was available at 12:01AM PST.

6 minutes~~!

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
For those going through the apple website, is it just a case of spamming refresh on the store link (http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/goto/iphone_7/select)?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pretty much. Just woke up to pre-order this dumb thing so hopefully the site doesn't poo poo itself too bad.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Filthee Fingas posted:

For those going through the apple website, is it just a case of spamming refresh on the store link (http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/goto/iphone_7/select)?
I remember in the past using the Apple Store app on an iOS device was a better way of getting pre-orders without problems, but this was like 3 phone iterations ago and I honestly don't think these things sell out for at least a few hours anymore.

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

It's too bad the store couldn't accidentally open early, like that tweet that jumped the gun.

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games
If the Verizon iOS app is any indication, there's zero 7+ launch availability.

Snoring
Oct 21, 2008

dialectics posted:

Yeah... I just ordered a silver 7+ 128gb and it says 9/28 delivery.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Im awake to pre-order and AT&T's site has some cheesy graphics.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Uk shop still isnt up dammit

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Snoring posted:

Yeah... I just ordered a silver 7+ 128gb and it says 9/28 delivery.

Always upgrade through the Apple store app :cmon:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Somewhere between going to bed last night and waking up this morning, I've moved from "I want this" to "Ehhh, should I wait for the next one - is the camera on the 7 gonna be that much better than the 6?"

I wish I was better at making decisions.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
FLIP THE SWITCH TIM

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

anyone able to order through apple yet?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Do you think the next iPad is going to follow suit, or am I crazy? Honestly I have no idea how analogous tablets are to phones, but it'd make sense if you take Apple's wireless vision at face value.

Haha I just realised that because the jack is on the TOP of iPads , if you get rid of the headphone jack and want to use lightning headphones with an iPad you won't be able to stand it upright at all.

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

tonic posted:

anyone able to order through apple yet?

3 minutes late. Apple is really losing their edge. ;)

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Hurry up, Tim. I want to sleep.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Question Mark Mound posted:

Somewhere between going to bed last night and waking up this morning, I've moved from "I want this" to "Ehhh, should I wait for the next one - is the camera on the 7 gonna be that much better than the 6?"

I wish I was better at making decisions.

Look at old phone mcgee over here, rocking last year's model, everyone point and laugh at old phone mcgee

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

dialectics posted:

Apple shortchanges carriers on stock almost every time for launch.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It's always about 7-15 minutes late

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

fordan posted:

Apple shortchanges carriers on stock almost every time for launch.
Apple: 90%
Carriers: 10%
Best Buy: .5%

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Look at old phone mcgee over here, rocking last year's model, everyone point and laugh at old phone mcgee

It's not even last year's model! It's just a 6 might as well be a flip phone.

I've decided the plus side is too big and dumb for a phone and jet black to be too sexy for actual use (smudges/scratches) so I'm going with a matte black 7 as son as this site lets me.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No launch day delivery on uk jet black. Lame. Should be here the 26th or so.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

No launch day delivery on uk jet black. Lame. Should be here the 26th or so.

You get in through the app?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Filthee Fingas posted:

You get in through the app?

Yeah man

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
Order placed for AT&T 256GB Jet Black 7 through the Apple Store app on the iPad. (and confirmation email received)

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's not even last year's model! It's just a 6 might as well be a flip phone.

I've decided the plus side is too big and dumb for a phone and jet black to be too sexy for actual use (smudges/scratches) so I'm going with a matte black 7 as son as this site lets me.
The OIS tempts me so bad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong
Also just got in through the app, USA. Seems like they closed the store back down though.

I'm seeing Ships: 1-2 weeks, Delivers: Sep 26 - Oct 3 on the Jet Black 7 Plus 128GB.

• Locked thread