Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

So is the NEC actually getting upgraded to take advantage of the new train sets, or are they buying Ferraris and then driving them around with 65mph limiters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
From the article

The train is capable of travelling at speeds up to 300 km/h (186 mph), but will initially operate at a maximum speed of 257 km/h (160 mph) based on NEC track speed limits.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

How often does this happen? A Metra commuter train was struck by lightning this morning, and had to be pushed the rest of the way by another train behind it:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/08/30/metra-train-struck-by-lightning-in-ravenswood/

bytebark
Sep 26, 2004

I hate Illinois Nazis

Wilford Cutlery posted:

How often does this happen? A Metra commuter train was struck by lightning this morning, and had to be pushed the rest of the way by another train behind it:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/08/30/metra-train-struck-by-lightning-in-ravenswood/

I'm in Chicago, and pay attention to delays like this when I hear about them. Sometimes lightning will take out the signals, and might cause other problems on the Metra Electric District since it has overhead wire (although all the MUs have lightning arresters). Before this, I've absolutely positively never heard of lightning -directly- hitting a locomotive and damaging it. My guess is that the locomotive got hit somewhere near the electrical cabinet and made some nice blue smoke in there.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It doesn't even take a nearby/direct hit to the locomotive sometimes. Lightning bolts can range from tens to low hundreds of thousands of amps, and the risetime is really quite fast, which results in huge voltage differentials across the ground, track, locomotive chassis, etc - basically anything the current flows through, while the fast risetime results in a very fast (and strong, because of the high current) magnetic field change, which can induce damaging or confusing signals in nearby wiring even without the lightning striking it. I'd be absolutely unsurprised if you told me a lightning strike broke or crashed a large number of computers within a quarter mile.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Kilonum posted:

hell, there's a Budd RDC rotting into the ground in the MBTA yard in Charlestown.

They should donate it to Tri-Met in Portland, Oregon - we actually have two of those as current rolling stock as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcnggKhgY20&t=68s

on our barely-used "commuter line"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

TheShazbot posted:

They should donate it to Tri-Met in Portland, Oregon - we actually have two of those as current rolling stock as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcnggKhgY20&t=68s

on our barely-used "commuter line"

Oh, I was wondering what those were. I used to take the WES, but I always seemed to catch one of the more modern trainsets. The office I was at at that time was near the tracks, though, so I saw those older ones go by from time to time.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
I interviewed with a local switching railroad yesterday. They're the only railroad that pays into railroad retirement that's within at least 200 miles that's hiring. I have about a year and a half's worth of experience, and made it clear that I was willing to study hard to pass the rules test I'd have to go through at the beginning of employment. Got a call today that I didn't get the job because I didn't have enough experience. How on earth can I get the experience necessary if I can't get a job to begin with?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
because all the class 1s were furloughing dudes like crazy with coal out of the picture.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://i.imgur.com/E5gGrgl.gifv

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

choo choo motherfucker

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

LEEEEEEEEEEROY JEEEEENKINSSSSS

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

I can't help but wonder if it wasn't some sort of retaliation for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-rSZAyDnwU&t=12s

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Idgi, what am I missing with this? What's going on here?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Well for one, the people stopped on the bridge just got a giant dousing of water. Then there is the people under the bridge that just ate a wall of water and will be completely drenched (hope they weren't going to work!). Other than that, it is a train plowing through a puddle of standing water.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Super Aggro Crag got his Engineer's license.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

JuffoWup posted:

Well for one, the people stopped on the bridge just got a giant dousing of water. Then there is the people under the bridge that just ate a wall of water and will be completely drenched (hope they weren't going to work!). Other than that, it is a train plowing through a puddle of standing water.

Duh, sorry, I posted from my phone and the .gif didn't play, so I assumed that it was a photo. Got my interwebs back from the storm for a few, so now it makes sense.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Coors Light Party Train working overtime for Labor Day? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQLS93ba3I

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

I can't help but wonder if the traction motors got fried. That sure seems like a good way to do it.

"You're suspended for damaging company property."

"But bro, did you see that sick wave?"

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

because all the class 1s were furloughing dudes like crazy with coal out of the picture.

I have begun to theorize that this is part of the cause of their new discipline programs. Sure, just in the 20 years I have worked for the railroad we have had 5 different programs, but on the UPRR this new MAPS one seems to be a doozie. That AND various railroads trying to save healthcare costs by violating any vacation/time off agreement through the various attendance policies.

My theory is that they are doing the same thing they have always done in regards to agreement, which shouldn't come as a shocker. They are trying to pare down their force the way that every other industry is. By getting rid of what they consider the dead weight, low performers, people in various ways that would horrify us that are costing the railroads money. I got to talk to BLET President Pierce with a small group of guys, and he in very much more diplomatic words stated this.

Then in a different meeting with BLET VP Pruet, I heard that the railroads are not going to abandon their other bulk commodity customers, but they are looking at how to replace coal. One of those ways it is starting to shape up that they want to go after the trucking industry. As they don't really pay their own way as far as the destructiveness to the highways versus what they pay in. Railroads are in charge of their own roads.

Doing this by making a bunch of fast, time sensitive trains that are mostly TOFC and stack priority trains. I, K, and Z symbol trains on the UPRR.

An indication of this is several Article 9's served by the UPRR to reorganize a bunch of shorter runs into 300-350 miles runs. This forces interdivisional runs with brand new home and/or far terminals. Everyone lives in a great town with a lovely town that is within 100 miles. Imagine that being your new home terminal.

Article 9 gives either party the right to serve and reorganize runs with a legal sharing of each other's districts with a tit-for-tat turn count based on the miles run over your seniority. For example if your run was 130 miles and my run was 180 miles and together they make a 310 miles run. Your guys would get 43 percent of the turns and my guys would get 57 percent of the turns on this new board. But your guys would have to move to my home terminal.

Don't like it? Well a PEB or court will decide for us. Don't like that? Well there are a LOT of furloughed guys that would love to go to work twice a week over your old run. I have too many years in to do anything about it. :( This kind of news basically ruined my whole trip.

They are only doing it on a few selected runs right now. My area did it for themselves back in the 90's and it worked out pretty well because the terminal didn't go somewhere lovely. Now having the seniority to hold that pool. It usually pays above what extraboard guys are paid in guarantee and only works over half a dozen trips per month.

EDIT:

It comes from Arbitration Award 458 of the Halloween Horror Agreement of 1985

458 posted:

ARTICLE IX - INTERDIVISIONAL SERVICE
Note: As used in this Agreement, the term interdivisional service includes interdivisional, interseniority district, intradivisional and/or intraseniority district service.

An individual carrier may establish interdivisional service, in freight or passenger service, subject to the following procedure.
Section 1 - Notice
An individual carrier seeking to establish interdivisional service shall give at least twenty days' written notice to the organization of its desire to establish service, specify the service it proposes to establish and the conditions, if any, which it proposes shall govern the establishment of such service.
Section 2 - Conditions
Reasonable and practical conditions shall govern the establishment of the runs described, including but not limited to the following:
(a) Runs shall be adequate for efficient operations and reasonable in regard to the miles run, hours on duty and in regard to other conditions of work.

(b) All miles run in excess of the miles encompassed in the basic day shall be paid for at a rate calculated by dividing the basic daily rate of pay in effect on May 31, 1986 by the number of miles encompassed in the basic day as of that date. Weight-on-drivers additives will apply to mileage rates calculated in accordance with this provision.

(c) When a crew is required to report for duty or is relieved from duty at a point other than the on and off duty points fixed for the service established hereunder, the carrier shall authorize and provide suitable transportation for the crew.

Note: Suitable transportation includes carrier owned or provided passenger carrying motor vehicles or taxi, but excludes other forms of public transportation.

(d) On runs established hereunder crews will be allowed a $4.15 meal allowance after 4 hours at the away from home terminal and another $4.15 allowance after being held an additional 8 hours.

(e) In order to expedite the movement of interdivisional runs, crews on runs of miles equal to or less than the number encompassed in the basic day will not stop to eat except in cases of emergency or unusual delays. For crews on longer runs, the carrier shall determine the conditions under which such crews may stop to eat. When crews on such runs are not permitted to stop to eat, crew members shall be paid an allowance of $1.50 for the trip.

(f) The foregoing provisions (a) through (e) do not preclude the parties from negotiating on other terms and conditions of work.
Section 3 - Procedure
Upon the serving of a notice under Section 1, the parties will discuss the details of operation and working conditions of the proposed runs during a period of 20 days following the date of the notice. If they are unable to agree, at the end of the 20-day period, with respect to runs which do not operate through a home terminal or home terminals of previously existing runs which are to be extended, such run or runs will be operated on a trial basis until completion of the procedures referred to in Section 4. This trial basis operation will not be applicable to runs which operate through home terminals.
Section 4 - Arbitration
(a) In the event the carrier and the organization cannot agree on the matters provided for in Section 1 and the other terms and conditions referred to in Section 2 above, the parties agree that such dispute shall be submitted to arbitration under the Railway Labor Act, as amended, within 30 days after arbitration is requested by either party. The arbitration board shall be governed by the general and specific guidelines set forth in Section 2 above.
(b) The decision of the arbitration board shall be final and binding upon both parties, except that the award shall not require the carrier to establish interdivisional service in the particular territory involved in each such dispute but shall be accepted by the parties as the conditions which shall be met by the carrier if and when such interdivisional service is established in that territory. Provided further, however, if carrier elects not to put the award into effect, carrier shall be deemed to have waived any right to renew the same request for a period of one year following the date of said award, except by consent of the organization party to said arbitration.
Section 5 - Existing Interdivisional Service
Interdivisional service in effect on the date of this Agreement is not affected by this Article.
Section 6 - Construction of Article
The foregoing provisions are not intended to impose restrictions with respect to establishing interdivisional service where restrictions did not exist prior to the date of this Agreement.
Section 7 - Protection
Every employee adverse1y affected either directly or indirectly as a result of the application of this rule shall receive the protection afforded by Sections 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the Washington Job Protection Agreement of May 1936, except that for the purposes of this Agreement Section 7(a) is amended to read 100% (less earnings in outside employment) instead of 60% and extended to provide period of payment equivalent to length of service not to exceed 6 years and to provide further that allowances in Sections 6 and 7 be increased by subsequent general wage increases.

Any employee required to change his residence shall be subject to the benefits contained in Sections 10 and 11 of the Washington Job Protection Agreement and in addition to such benefits shall receive a transfer allowance of four hundred dollars ($400.00) and five working days instead of the "two working days" provided by Section 10(a) of said agreement. Under this Section, change of residence shall not be considered "required" if the reporting point to which the employee is changed is not more than 30 miles from his former reporting point.

If any protective benefits greater than those provided in this Article are available under existing agreements, such greater benefits shall apply subject to the terms and obligations of both the carrier and employee under such agreements, in lieu of the benefits provided in this Article.

This Article shall become effective June 1, 1986 except on such carriers as may elect to preserve existing rules or practices and so notify the authorized employee representatives on or before such date. Article VIII of the May 13, 1971 Agreement shall not apply on any carrier on which this Article becomes effective.

B4Ctom1 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 6, 2016

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
https://vimeo.com/181628606

Some idiot posted this video about riding the rails it doesn't end well.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

NightGyr posted:

Some idiot posted this video about riding the rails it doesn't end well.

Dunno, in terms of the things that can go wrong when trying to hop trains it could have ended a lot worse.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

wolrah posted:

Dunno, in terms of the things that can go wrong when trying to hop trains it could have ended a lot worse.

I was disappointed it didn't end with him smeared alongside the train or in jail.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Jesus gently caress that guy had to have the most sheltered milquetoast upbringing - aside from "let's play hobos today and ride the rails to Montauk" the part where he doesn't run away from the rail worker and allows them to detain him until the cops show up? "Father always said to obey any authority figure and that advice has never steered me wrong before!"

e: also isn't jumping off the train before it enters the rail yard (so you don't get arrested) literally the first rule of riding the rails?

Geoj fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 11, 2016

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
One of the rules of train hopping is you don't call attention to yourself. Strapping on a glitter gold helmet with two GoPros attached, then sticking your head out while you pass through populated areas is not the way to go about it. Neither is jumping onto moving equipment, or riding in a car with load that can shift and crush/bury you.

The guys who hauled him away have a big stake in people not dying on their property. Imagine a toddler walking around your factory wearing pajamas and a cape, this guy is about one step away from that and should be treated as such.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

NoWake posted:

The guys who hauled him away have a big stake in people not dying on their property. Imagine a toddler walking around your factory wearing pajamas and a cape, this guy is about one step away from that and should be treated as such.

Oh I get it and I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but if you were in that situation would you just stand around waiting for the cops to show up when the rail workers have no authority to detain you? He can't even do stupid poo poo properly.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
New High Capacity trains ordered here for Melbourne. They look to be updated versions of X'Trapolis 100s that already run on half the network.

Announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imwSqb4wpQE
Text below from here: https://urban.melbourne/transport/2016/09/12/next-generation-melbournes-train-fleet-unveiled

quote:

This morning at a media conference in the historic Newport Workshops, the Premier, Minister for Public Transport and Minister for Industry and Employment announced the Evolution Rail consortium was the successful bidder for the contract to supply the next generation of Melbourne's train fleet: High-Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT).

Keen to emphasise the employment opportunities, 15% of the expected 1,100 jobs created through the awarding of this contract will be for apprenticeships, trainees and cadets and transitioning automotive workers.

We’re guaranteeing more local work than ever with 60 per cent local content, as well as ensuring the inclusion of 15 per cent Victorian apprentices, trainees and cadets, and a partnership with Toyota to help transition workers out of the auto industry.
-- Wade Noonan, Minister for Industry and Employment

The Evolution Rail consortium comprises Downer Rail (ASX: Downer EDI Limited (link is external)), CRRC and Plenary. Furthermore, the China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation (CRRC) will set up an Australian regional headquarters and establish "Australia's only bogie manufacturer" in Melbourne, the Victorian Government media release states.

Downer Rail has previously worked with a CRRC subsidiary - Changchun Railway Vehicles - to create the most recent fleet of trains operating on Sydney's rail network, the A Sets (link is external), better known as the Waratah fleet.

The historic Newport workshops will see a $16 million upgrade to allow manufacturing to occur on-site.

As foreshadowed when the tender was announced, a new dedicated maintenance facility will be built in Pakenham East - as well as a light service facility in Calder Park - and the new fleet will be dedicated to the Pakenham/Cranbourne lines, with the Sunbury line being added to the list once the Melbourne Metro Rail tunnel project connects all three lines.

The first tranche of new trains is set to begin testing in 2018 and they will begin roaming the mainline in 2019 after the Caulfield-Dandenong level crossing removal project has been completed. The entire fleet order of 65 new trains will be operating once the new Melbourne Metro Rail tunnel is complete in 2026.

The new trains will be formed in seven car consists and passengers will be free to move to any part of the train once aboard. The longer train and internal configuration will purportedly enable 20% more space in each train compared to trains which currently operate on the Melbourne network.
Government presser: http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/1100-jobs-with-65-new-trains-built-in-victoria-for-victoria/

So the lines they will run on are to be connected by the ~9bn Melbourne Metro Rail Tunnel under the CBD, (the cost of these trainsets are in that 9bn) by 2026, and until then they will run on the two lines that are currently being upgraded to remove 9 level crossings along the route, rebuilding stations with longer platforms for the eventual longer trains, those two conjoined lined (Cranbourne-Pakenham line) is the busiest on the network currently.

The trains are 7 carriages long (160m, the length of the current platforms) until the new tunnel opens in 2026, when a further 3 carriages will be added to them
Background on the tender requirements: http://www.danielbowen.com/2015/07/01/next-gen-trains/

drunkill fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 12, 2016

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
I have come to the realization that there is no train emote on SA

I find it sad

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

drunkill posted:

New High Capacity trains ordered here for Melbourne. They look to be updated versions of X'Trapolis 100s that already run on half the network.

Announcement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imwSqb4wpQE
Text below from here: https://urban.melbourne/transport/2016/09/12/next-generation-melbournes-train-fleet-unveiled

Government presser: http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/1100-jobs-with-65-new-trains-built-in-victoria-for-victoria/

So the lines they will run on are to be connected by the ~9bn Melbourne Metro Rail Tunnel under the CBD, (the cost of these trainsets are in that 9bn) by 2026, and until then they will run on the two lines that are currently being upgraded to remove 9 level crossings along the route, rebuilding stations with longer platforms for the eventual longer trains, those two conjoined lined (Cranbourne-Pakenham line) is the busiest on the network currently.

The trains are 7 carriages long (160m, the length of the current platforms) until the new tunnel opens in 2026, when a further 3 carriages will be added to them
Background on the tender requirements: http://www.danielbowen.com/2015/07/01/next-gen-trains/

Those are pretty nice. A continuous 7-car train's a major break from the old doctrin of two three-car trains linked together too, though if they're the length of current platforms you know they're gonna constantly overshoot. I swear some drivers just slam the throttle open between each station.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Drug use is becoming a problem?

Number of U.S. railroad workers testing positive for drug use skyrockets

Early this year, a railroad worker who had just been briefed on his duties for the day was discovered in a restroom, dead from an overdose of illegal prescription drugs. In the months that followed, tests conducted after three railroad accidents resulted in six employees testing positive for drugs.

Testing in 2016 has shown that nearly 8 percent of workers involved in rail accidents were positive for drug use, including marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, benzodiazepine, OxyContin and morphine, according to internal federal documents obtained by The Washington Post.

The number of post-accident drug-positives was the highest since the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) began keeping records in 1987 and three times greater than it was 10 years ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca....html?tid=sm_tw

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
A colleague made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4Lu2VZPDo

..but I recommend this version. Mute the OG video and fullscreen it.
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...ame=aphrocarlin

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 17, 2016

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkAoC13ZgN0

It looks like both are providing traction as well, I wonder how that is coordinated.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

EoRaptor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkAoC13ZgN0

It looks like both are providing traction as well, I wonder how that is coordinated.

Is that Satan's 2:15 helltrain taking wretched souls to the underworld for eternal damnation, or is that just the way they sound in Switzerland? what in the gently caress :stare:

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Erwin posted:

Is that Satan's 2:15 helltrain taking wretched souls to the underworld for eternal damnation, or is that just the way they sound in Switzerland? what in the gently caress :stare:

Imagine the poor kids living next to the tracks while these were in normal service e.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

Lime Tonics posted:

Drug use is becoming a problem?

Number of U.S. railroad workers testing positive for drug use skyrockets

Early this year, a railroad worker who had just been briefed on his duties for the day was discovered in a restroom, dead from an overdose of illegal prescription drugs. In the months that followed, tests conducted after three railroad accidents resulted in six employees testing positive for drugs.

Testing in 2016 has shown that nearly 8 percent of workers involved in rail accidents were positive for drug use, including marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, benzodiazepine, OxyContin and morphine, according to internal federal documents obtained by The Washington Post.

The number of post-accident drug-positives was the highest since the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) began keeping records in 1987 and three times greater than it was 10 years ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca....html?tid=sm_tw

I sat through a briefing last year that said that pot and alcohol had tied, and that meth was making a comeback.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
Not good
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SUSPICIOUS_PACKAGE_NEW_JERSEY

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

They caught it and all that happened was the bomb blowing up two robots. No one was hurt, thank gods.

Speaking of people getting hurt, can we hurt NIMBYs? http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/lo...-says/90485046/

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IABM8UPplY

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

B4Ctom1 posted:

I sat through a briefing last year that said that pot and alcohol had tied, and that meth was making a comeback.

I always have to wonder with the pot stats how it is they're testing. Most common tests look for metabolites which get absorbed in body fat and thus can stick around for a long time after the high is over, we're talking weeks to months for some people, where tests for most other recreational drugs look for things that are out of the body relatively quickly, in the range of hours in a lot of cases. Someone who only smokes weed on the weekend will still be flagged by most tests where someone who starts the day with an Irish coffee will be clean by the afternoon. Heroin sticks around a bit longer but is still mostly gone by the next day. Amphetamines are detectable for a day or two.

If someone uses a bunch of drugs over the weekend and then gets piss tested the following Thursday they'll likely only pop for pot, which kinda skews the statistics as far as non-dependent recreational drug users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
it doesnt matter. it is illegal for any train service employee to use a controlled substance at any time per CFR 219.102

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id...se49.4.219_1102