Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Casual turn onto body horror street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
And a quick turn back to happy Mina.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm confused by Eraserhead saying that Midoriya and Bakugou aren't "the types to draw attention to themselves." Bakugou tries to draw attention to himself all the time.

I known US Shonen Jump had their own version of the first popularity poll at the same time as the Japanese one; hopefully they'll do one this time as well. Who is everyone planning on voting for?

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 8, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Silver2195 posted:

Who is everyone planning on voting for?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mina is extremely good

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Bakugou is at his best when he's berating people other than his classmates.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 8, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Mina is extremely good

She is indeed, I'm sad we haven't seen her in action in this test since they split up*.

*:edited

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/106/3663/1 link because i don't think i saw it yet

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Mina is the best. Her use of colors is flawless.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Actually I think Uchako has the best use of co- wait pink gloves? Dangit girl your outfit calls for orange gloves! ORANGE!

Silver2195 posted:

I'm confused by Eraserhead saying that Midoriya and Bakugou aren't "the types to draw attention to themselves." Bakugou tries to draw attention to himself all the time.

Regarding the spoiler, compare and contrast him to Belly Beam Boy. Bakugou, like Midoriya, draws attention via his actions and the honesty in those actions. They don't showboat, they're naturally flashy.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 8, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm probably voting for either Yaoyorozu or Uraraka. Yaoyorozu would be interesting to see more focus on; you have to wonder what's really at the root of her self-esteem issues. Plus she has an interesting power.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ah, so shapeshifter girl really did just go naked, and by the same token remove all of her targets.

She's creepy.

Also, jesus christ, Kirishima :gonk:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm guessing the loophole for her removing the targets is that they're still on her clothes so if anyone finds them they can hit all her targets really easily.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

:rip: My good friend Kirishima

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The outfits in the color spread are top tier.

Also glad to see my lovely friend Mineta still being 100% Mineta. He's a god awful person but I can't help but love him.

Seconding the WTFness of Tumor Boy, minus his completely normal sized and attractive eyes. Next chapter now, please.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

what the gently caress is this cthulhu bullshit are those people?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm voting for Deku's shoes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like that Horikoshi is mixing up the side members of the small teams in each arc so far. It gives each of them a chance to show off and be cool and will hopefully avoid main cast bloat like other shounen series run into.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 9, 2016

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dreggon posted:

what the gently caress is this cthulhu bullshit are those people?

Well, they used to be at least.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Getting naked, turning people into Junji Ito-like body horrors. Dirty tactics all round.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

RatHat posted:

I'm guessing the loophole for her removing the targets is that they're still on her clothes so if anyone finds them they can hit all her targets really easily.

That was my take and since she probably hid them somewhere specific instead of just leaving them laying around I hope Deku or someone uses mind games on shapeshifter girl to discover them in order to defeat her.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Petiso posted:

That was my take and since she probably hid them somewhere specific instead of just leaving them laying around I hope Deku or someone uses mind games on shapeshifter girl to discover them in order to defeat her.

She has the misfortune to run into Mineta. She then deliberately gets herself disqualified so she can escape.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I still think her clothes were just something she had shape-shifted. She was able to shape-shift into Uraka's outfit too, remember. So her targets are probably still on her if her uniform was just a part of her body

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Enjoyable chapter, though I don't know who I'll be voting for in the popularity poll. Last time I voted for Fumikage so this time I might change it up and vote for somebody else.

I like the arrogance of tumorguy having all three of his targets arranged neatly in a line on the front of his uniform.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bad Seafood posted:

Enjoyable chapter, though I don't know who I'll be voting for in the popularity poll. Last time I voted for Fumikage so this time I might change it up and vote for somebody else.

I like the arrogance of tumorguy having all three of his targets arranged neatly in a line on the front of his uniform.

honestly having all your targets in a place easily protectable by your arms seems way better than throwing them in random places. arrogance would be having them all in a line on his back.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yeah, now that you mention it.

It's also possible he works best while facing his opponent, meaning the three badges serve as a funnel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only acceptable choice is All Might, because he's the best boy, duh.

Unless you have to vote for a student, then abstain.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Sandman posted:

She has the misfortune to run into Mineta. She then deliberately gets herself disqualified so she can escape.

Mineta will be too busy drooling on himself to notice she's eliminated him.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Say Nothing posted:

Mineta will be too busy drooling on himself to notice she's eliminated him.

My boy is more determined than that. It's a perfect excuse to immobilise a girl, and he's just gonna sit there?
Nuh-uh :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm gonna vote for All Might!

Nevermind!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Terper posted:

I'm gonna vote for All Might!

Nevermind!

I'm torn :(

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I will vote for Mina because it might mean that we get more Mina

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I will vote for Mina because it might mean that we get more Mina

A solid idea.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Shapeshifter girl vs. Hagakure

It's the battle of the exhibitionists!!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm not sure I can choose just one to vote for. :( There's just lots of good characters and also Deku's shoe to consider.

This B School really is full of monsters it seems.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Using Sad Froppy to sway voters is cheating

(I'll probably vote for her anyways, if not Mina or Kirishima)

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Todoriki: "hey that's a nice hand you got there"

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

I was going to post this as well. Thankfully you did the work for me.

At least Mineta is candid about his pervyness???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mineta is great solely because you always get some dude in the thread virtue signalling about him every time he shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mineta is great solely because you always get some dude in the thread virtue signalling about him every time he shows.

Eh, people are entitled not to like characters. Hoshikori has explicitly said that he realizes a lot of people don't like pervert characters like Mineta, and is cautious about how much panel time he gives Mineta as a result.