Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

T1000: the early years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

where can i buy these

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Is there anything special about them beyond being magnets that have been set up in a very specific way?

EDIT: Not saying that gif isn't cool as hell.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Nothing special about those except them being placed very carefully, yeah.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

loving magnets, how do they work?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Kumaton posted:

where can i buy these

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/

Be sure to get them plastic coated, otherwise they'll shatter.

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk

Count Roland posted:

[Be sure to get them plastic coated, otherwise they'll shatter.

Confirmed.

I put some of these on the fridge to hold up bills and stuff and you bet your arse those bit of paper will not budge for anyone or anything. Want to remove the magnets from the fridge? Good loving luck

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

(these all got really sped up when I resized them, for some reason...)

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

More Batman TAS please. That might be the only cartoon from my childhood that remains watchable as an adult. What a great show that was.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Count Roland posted:

More Batman TAS please. That might be the only cartoon from my childhood that remains watchable as an adult. What a great show that was.

My wife is a huge batman fan but never watched the TAS all the way. Guess what I started us watching this week? :getin:

I'm also using it as an excuse to watch the Superman and JL series since I never watched those.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Repo Man posted:

(these all got really sped up when I resized them, for some reason...)

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/SKUgNhF.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/o5BEwIN.gifv

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
http://i.imgur.com/NqTi8LO.gifv

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

poo poo like this is why games with slightly clunky engines will always have a place in the world, even as gaming becomes more and more capable of self-control.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

This small bit might be my favorite scene in Batman TAS.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kikka posted:

It's incredibly mesmerising.

gently caress, I'm gonna have to watch that whole show, now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/iRahYMy.gifv

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Kikka posted:

Batman killed Captain Clown :smith:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

"Meanwhile, back at the wrench!."

Me and my brother still throw that around, and yeah this holds up well, as does the old JL cartoon.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Buckets posted:

He lives on in our hearts.
http://i.imgur.com/PcGamnl.gifv

(Dang this one is rough, one of the first I ever made. I gotta re-do it sometime)

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Buckets posted:

I asked some friends on FaceBook if Batman: TAS still held up, and one of them bought me the 3 volume set as an early birthday present, all 85 episodes. The answer is yes, it still holds up. It came out when I was 8, and I still remember how excited my brother was for it to come out, and that got me all excited, and we watched it after school every day.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Repo Man posted:

I asked some friends on FaceBook if Batman: TAS still held up, and one of them bought me the 3 volume set as an early birthday present, all 85 episodes. The answer is yes, it still holds up. It came out when I was 8, and I still remember how excited my brother was for it to come out, and that got me all excited, and we watched it after school every day.

That was my favorite after school show.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Repo Man posted:

Just started watching. Holy poo poo. First episode is about loving Man-Bat and the first plot point is that a detective talks to the press about their investigation without approval from his head of department.

If this is setting the standard for the show, it is incredibly mature for its intended audience. And I mean that in the 'talks about complicated subjects without being condescending' way.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Somfin posted:

Just started watching. Holy poo poo. First episode is about loving Man-Bat and the first plot point is that a detective talks to the press about their investigation without approval from his head of department.

If this is setting the standard for the show, it is incredibly mature for its intended audience. And I mean that in the 'talks about complicated subjects without being condescending' way.

Batman: TAS is a very good show and has held up wonderfully.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Some of the early episodes and the Robin episodes have agreed badly, but yes for the most part the entire DCAU has agreed very well

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

Some of the early episodes and the Robin episodes have agreed badly, but yes for the most part the entire DCAU has agreed very well

Holy poo poo Bruce Wayne gets so much disrespect in TAS. Nolan played up the 'total oligarch' angle, TAS plays up the 'disappointing lovely playboy failson' angle. I think I love it.

e: I'll stop with the updates now, but thank you GIF thread. You have opened my eyes.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Somfin posted:

If I do recall, the early episodes were also shown at like 7pm on week nights, and not in a normal, "for kids" time slot, until they started rerunning later.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Somfin posted:

Batman: TAS's Mr Freeze.

God drat.

If I remember right that the episode was so good, their rendition become the definitive Mr Freeze, or something?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, it basically replaced previous incarnations of the character and heavily influenced future ones. The Arkham series nicked him outright down to the voice actor.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

I'm an rear end in a top hat :v:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ak Gara posted:

If I remember right that the episode was so good, their rendition become the definitive Mr Freeze, or something?

Yeah one of the Freeze eps got an Emmy iirc, and it totally supplanted the original who was called "Mr. Zero" who looked like this:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Worlds Nudest Comics.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's only 5% gayer, max.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

I always love to point out that Batman TAS was all drawn on black paper instead of white (this happens to be one shot that really shows just how much that did for the mood)

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Somfin posted:

Holy poo poo Bruce Wayne gets so much disrespect in TAS. Nolan played up the 'total oligarch' angle, TAS plays up the 'disappointing lovely playboy failson' angle. I think I love it.

I don't recall now where I heard it, but my understanding is that the voice actor for Batman/Bruce Wayne considered Batman to be the character's "real" voice, and Bruce Wayne is the mask he hides behind. It's perfect.

Season 3 suffers due to executives playing "Where's Poochy?" with Robin, who you will grow to hate very quickly. Still a great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Best thing about the whole DCAU is that it keeps continuity. There are events in B:TAS that are referenced in JLU and even Batman Beyond :allears: