Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

Screw a Zarinea
My thermal scope, CB, ~max stability Zarinaea would shove its butthole down that idiot gun's throat. God roll Zarinaea has long trounced every other mid-rof ar and any buff only serves to keep that fact intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

Gonna kill dudes with that stupid loving looking bottom one

This and the truth blueprint one are my two must haves. Mida carbon is cool too but not troll cool

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Pneumatic Toaster posted:

Rift: still the worst goddamn thing

Dropped in as 6 man goon squad. Still lost because goons are actually really bad at Destiny.

sunday at work posted:

PvP trip report: still dying to everything but primary weapons.
Be less bad. Kill breakdown of the above match.

Primary 44
Special 32
Heavy 3
Super 30
Grenade 18
Melee 17

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

gently caress I love the sci-fi process of

1. take real gun
2. put greebles on it

Like something happened after the 21st century where direct impingement rifles need both a gas tube and also an energon flux-tubule

Well you reload them with ammo you acquire through picking up a translucent colored box, so obviously they had to account for that.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

My thermal scope, CB, ~max stability Zarinaea would shove its butthole down that idiot gun's throat. God roll Zarinaea has long trounced every other mid-rof ar and any buff only serves to keep that fact intact.

Garbage. Original vendor roll Hatchet shits all over that roll. Hope you bought one.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

gently caress I love the sci-fi process of

1. take real gun
2. put greebles on it

Like something happened after the 21st century where direct impingement rifles need both a gas tube and also an energon flux-tubule

what the gently caress is a greeble

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

what the gently caress is a greeble

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeble

General term for superficial surface detailing on sci-fi things, first and best applied to the spaceships in Star Wars.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I got the fatal vision ship.

Neat

, I guess, if you care about that kind of stuff

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

They can keep Greebling the gently caress out of guns as far as I'm concerned. Definitely look better than most futuristic weaponry I see in other sci-fi.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

deadwing posted:

It's to get you to burn all your exotic boot engrams for the cool Warlock boots that are gonna release

I hope when warlock boots are released they just make the jump extra floaty or something.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Brine posted:

I hope when warlock boots are released they just make the jump extra floaty or something.

Two exotic boots for warlocks, one pair gives them the titan jump, the other pair gives them the hunter jump.

(everyone will wear the titan ones)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mazerunner posted:

I got the fatal vision ship.

Neat

, I guess, if you care about that kind of stuff

How

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This is my first weekend with the game. I've got 59 Strange Coins and I'm told I need to find "Xur" to spend them all. He's a hidden guy in the Tower on weekends, and he's got a rare item or two or three that I buy with my coins?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

wouldn't you like to know

but it was in a vanguard rank up package

EXCEPT OH WAIT you're edging them aren't you :v:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mazerunner posted:

wouldn't you like to know

but it was in a vanguard rank up package

EXCEPT OH WAIT you're edging them aren't you :v:

No I was on my hunter but someone ruined that

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Garbage. Original vendor roll Hatchet shits all over that roll. Hope you bought one.

You sometimes get trash and treasure confused. It's ok, friend. Hatchet is really good, I have the recent CB, PB, Rangefinder one which I clean up with. All the same, my Z is a nearly effortless gun, more so than any other in class to my experience. The feel is perfect.

If only low RoF could get some love...

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 9, 2016

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is my first weekend with the game. I've got 59 Strange Coins and I'm told I need to find "Xur" to spend them all. He's a hidden guy in the Tower on weekends, and he's got a rare item or two or three that I buy with my coins?

yes he's on the far left from where you drop in across from the speaker guy by a big door.

Buy the bad juju gun and also a bunch of three of coins. Don't worry about the bad helmets

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

You sometimes get trash and treasure confused. It's ok, friend. Hatchet is really good, I have the recent CB, PB, Rangefinder one which I clean up with. All the same, my Z is a nearly effortless gun, more so than any other in class to my experience. The feel is perfect.

thanks for the huge img of a really bad gun

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

yes, he has an exotic piece of armour for each class and an exotic weapon.

Some things to consider:

If you don't like the item you don't have to buy it, he refreshes every week.
the items are 280 light. That's probably a big boost to you if you're new but later on when you're above 300 or so you're probably better off buying three of coins.

3oC are another item Xur sells (7 strange coins for 5 3oC). You activate one, then complete a crucible or kill an ultra pve boss (yellow bar with a skull, usually named, like a strike boss). You'll have a chance at receiving an exotic. Now pop another. If you didn't get an exotic you'll have slightly higher chance the next time. Repeat until out of coins.

3oC I think get more exotics in general than buying them from Xur, on average, but if you want something specific and Xur has it then go for it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

yes he's on the far left from where you drop in across from the speaker guy by a big door.

Buy the bad juju gun and also a bunch of three of coins. Don't worry about the bad helmets

Thanks for the info!

I'm a fresh new lvl 40 with like two total Legendaries. My helmet is a rare with like 220 defense. I really shouldn't get that exotic helmet? (Titan one - inconceivable skullfuck or something)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's a shame you need to be logged into bungie.net to pull the stats for a particular gun roll because without that we'd have a kickass site somewhere that let you create links directly to your poo poo hot roll.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

inconceivable skullfuck

That's the benefit

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

inconceivable skullfuck

would buy

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

thanks for the huge img of a really bad gun

:forkbomb:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Thanks for the info!

I'm a fresh new lvl 40 with like two total Legendaries. My helmet is a rare with like 220 defense. I really shouldn't get that exotic helmet? (Titan one - inconceivable skullfuck or something)

Oh yeah if your light is that low do anything to bump it. Get the helmet too.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Wow. Something actually worse than a zarinaea.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

lol Shaxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLbjhA3043U

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That would be a lot more effective if the game actually built a narrative as you played the game, instead of just dropping in an over the top voice clip on you with no preamble or follow-up.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is nirwens good again?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

actionjackson posted:

Is nirwens good again?

No, still garbage

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Wow. Something actually worse than a zarinaea.

Yeah, your reading comprehension. But I'd love to see a low RoF better than that.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Sounds like everyone hates the patch huh

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm legit raging about my 225 marks that went poof, loving bush league bungo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Dude, what?? Your legendary marks just got gone?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The upside is it probably means they straight up deleted all the old bounties and IB has a new set to taunt us with.

I mean I didn't have an issue with the bounties as they were, but new stuff is always cool.

Except when it takes away a windfall of marks you thought you had stored up.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Okay, I'm having a lot more fun in Crucible when I gave up playing anything other than Control, Rumble and Mayhem and only using shotguns and auto rifles. Fun fun.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dude, what?? Your legendary marks just got gone?

Certain iron banner bounties would reward 25 marks each when turned in. I had 3 saved on each character to use for buying new gear post ROI because it's so easy to hit the 200 cap.

They were removed from my inventory on the patch and we were not told it would happen. Even if they didn't want us to be able to carry them forward in RoI a heads up from them would have been nice because I would have drained my marks for mats and guns and then cashed them in.

Total loving bush league move and them deleting poo poo is the one thing I actually cant abide by.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

The upside is it probably means they straight up deleted all the old bounties and IB has a new set to taunt us with.

Pretty sure that's exactly what happened. The old bounties were removed from the DB and this invalidated the records of the ones attached to your character, so the migration process deleted them. It always comes back to databases.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Only real ogs will remember the true king of 88/8 ARs

E: purple telesto is the besto

deadwing fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Yeah, your reading comprehension. But I'd love to see a low RoF better than that.

sick burn bruh. Z is garbage and I couldn't care less what perks your piece of poo poo does not bow has because its an archetype that's garbage regardless.

• Locked thread