Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The smart pistol can get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I can't wait for everyone to bitch about the Smart 40mm Grenade Launcher

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As someone who is far from the top, but perfectly competent at aiming in video games, I think the focus on "who can aim the cursor duh best" and the misguided machismo that surrounds it is stupid as gently caress and I'm kind of sad I'm going to miss out on the legendary ridiculous auto aim pistol in its purest form since I didn't play TF1.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mr.Citrus posted:

It exist purely for bad players, or people who don't ever pay twitch sports

Get them the gently caress out of my game.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
i for one cannot wait to harvest pounds of butt salt from people i kill with the new, shittier smart pistol

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

NESguerilla posted:

As someone who is far from the top, but perfectly competent at aiming in video games, I think the focus on "who can aim the cursor duh best" and the misguided machismo that surrounds it is stupid as gently caress and I'm kind of sad I'm going to miss out on the legendary ridiculous auto aim pistol in its purest form since I didn't play TF1.

The conversation around it is really over-heated and you're hearing from the saltiest of the salty dogs about it. It really wasn't all that, it was an original idea that had some good points and bad points. I agree that it definitely wasn't very fun to suddenly die to some dude behind you but it's not much fun to be one-shot sniped or shotgunned, either. It was an interesting concept that could have been refined a bit better but instead they've apparently decided to stake it. Oh well.

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008
Some of my favorite angry voice messages on Xbox live came from stim + smart pistol + wall running or bunny hopping like a retard.

RIP Smart pistol.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

TastesBlue posted:

Some of my favorite angry voice messages on Xbox live came from stim + smart pistol + wall running or bunny hopping like a retard.

RIP Smart pistol.

:respek:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

TastesBlue posted:

RIP Smart pistol.

At that point you're pretty much abusing game mechanics so if I were one of those 13 year olds you killed I probably would have sent you an angry message too.

But I'm an adult now so I just hope you get herpes.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Pressing the shoot button on the controller is an abuse of the game mechanics and I will be calling the police

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yes sorry, a stimmed up pilot with a smart pistol is the same thing as just pressing the shoot button at random. Alright.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Ok Fella posted:

Yes sorry, a stimmed up pilot with a smart pistol is the same thing as just pressing the shoot button at random. Alright.

i sure hope i don't get banned for exploiting the game when i play titanfall 2 and use the weapons and abilities in the game

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

i sure hope i don't get banned for exploiting the game when i play titanfall 2 and use the weapons and abilities in the game

gently caress you, I'm taking this to the president. Justice will be served.

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008
Rodeo-ing Titans with a smart pistol and the wingman or auto-pistol inspired a lot of rage two.

You could harass Titans by hopping on their back and emptying your sidearm. When they hopped out of the cockpit the smart pistol would lock on them and you could kill them from their Titan's back. The Titan gave you cover and the pilot had to turn around to shoot you.

Grown men hyperventilating and shrieking "smart pistol FFFAAAAGGGOT" is hilarious. I'm sorry some of you disagree.

The removal of attrition and the rodeo system is more of a deal breaker for me than the "rebalancing" of the smart pistol. I'll still buy the game, but the technical test and developer comments have lowered my expectations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Playing a multiplayer first person shooter and then having the game aim for you is retarded lol.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
How dare you guys actually use a weapon that's in the game and available for everyone to use! No honor!

(any kills done with the smart pistol would be pretty much always possible with any other gun.)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

TastesBlue posted:

The removal of attrition and the rodeo system is more of a deal breaker for me

The removal of the latter is particularly strange because I remember that being one of the most impressive things from the initial gameplay reveal of the original game. People went nuts when they saw the player eject from their titan and land on the back of another one, rip the hatch off and start firing into it. One of the only times I've heard an E3 crowd cheer that wasn't a Zelda announcement. I thought the interplay between pilots and titans was really cool with the rodeo mechanic as well and just hopping on to pull out a battery before hopping off again in the sequel isn't as fun or rewarding for either player. On its own it's not that big of a deal I guess, but there's so many cool things like that which are missing that it really starts to add up when you look at what's been lost. Getting to wield swords is awesome though, even if I wish we could do it with a Stryder and the dash core ability for maximum fuckery.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Antoine Silvere posted:

No but I hope you get tons of poo poo for using cheesey rear end load outs.

Lemming posted:

gently caress you, I'm taking this to the president. Justice will be served.

:rolleyes:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

In Training posted:

Playing a multiplayer first person shooter and then having the game aim for you is retarded lol.

The man gets it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Looks like somebody doesn't understand the concept of e-honor

*gets brutally murdered*

Heh... scrub... I'm the better man...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lemming posted:

*gets brutally murdered*

I believe you mean BETTAH.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

lol

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

It was very useful to me, the bad hand-eye coordination gamer

Ok Fella posted:

No but I hope you get tons of poo poo for using cheesey rear end load outs.

:rolleyes:

I did, and it was very funny to me

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Lemming posted:

*gets brutally murdered*

Is this the dark souls thread?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Smart Pistol sounds like it's for goober retards, which I see plenty of in this thread.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I kill you with a Smart Pistol, i'm BETTAH, You kill me with a Smart Pistol, YOU'RE BETTAH. It's as simple as that!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Smart Pistol sounds like it's for goober retards, which I see plenty of in this thread.

As long as I can make people like you mad because I used a gun in a game I will keep using it.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Please turn your monitor on

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

As long as I can make people like you mad because I used a gun in a game I will keep using it.

I'm not mad and I haven't played the game. What does that make you?

Antoine Silvere posted:

Please turn your monitor on

:nexus:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I'm not mad and I haven't played the game. What does that make you?

:nexus:

These don't sound like the postings on a non-mad-gamer(tm)

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Knifegrab posted:

It also brings out the "lol u mad bro?" section of the playerbase like this guy. Cause that never gets old.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Ok Fella posted:

It also brings out the "lol u mad bro?" section of the playerbase like this guy. Cause that never gets old.

Ok Fella

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

These don't sound like the postings on a non-mad-gamer(tm)

"I'm positively mad about gaming!"

Happy now, goon?

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008
Smart pistol hate comes from people that haven't played the game, or people frustrated by a decent smart pistol player.

It was fun to use, but limited range and the lock on delay made it a second tier weapon against other pilots.

A break from the twitch gaming of the traditional weapons was nice, trolling other people was a bonus.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

TastesBlue posted:

Smart pistol hate comes from people that haven't played the game, or people frustrated by a decent smart pistol player.

It was fun to use, but limited range and the lock on delay made it a second tier weapon against other pilots.

A break from the twitch gaming of the traditional weapons was nice, trolling other people was a bonus.

Depends on the mode. If you played attrition or primarily wanted to get a Titan asap, there was no better weapon than the smart pistol.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SUNKOS posted:

The removal of the latter is particularly strange because I remember that being one of the most impressive things from the initial gameplay reveal of the original game. People went nuts when they saw the player eject from their titan and land on the back of another one, rip the hatch off and start firing into it. One of the only times I've heard an E3 crowd cheer that wasn't a Zelda announcement. I thought the interplay between pilots and titans was really cool with the rodeo mechanic as well and just hopping on to pull out a battery before hopping off again in the sequel isn't as fun or rewarding for either player. On its own it's not that big of a deal I guess, but there's so many cool things like that which are missing that it really starts to add up when you look at what's been lost. Getting to wield swords is awesome though, even if I wish we could do it with a Stryder and the dash core ability for maximum fuckery.

I'm honestly more annoyed by them removing Titans having built in shields for that retarded battery mechanic, overall the Titans in 2 feel like a straight downgrade compared to the first game's Titans in pretty much every way

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

On one hand, they definitely made Titans squishier and more vulnerable to chip damage.

On the other hand, rodeo isn't a death sentence without smoke or the 50/50 confrontation, and you have a healing option.

So win some, lose some.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

On one hand, they definitely made Titans squishier and more vulnerable to chip damage.

On the other hand, rodeo isn't a death sentence without smoke or the 50/50 confrontation, and you have a healing option.

So win some, lose some.

It's a much better change that further encourages team work and makes more builds viable other than electric smoke and cluster missile only.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I kill you with a Smart Pistol, i'm BETTAH, You kill me with a Smart Pistol, YOU'RE BETTAH. It's as simple as that!

:vince:

Lawl totes forgot about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Knifegrab posted:

It's a much better change that further encourages team work and makes more builds viable other than electric smoke and cluster missile only.

The crying over the loss of "Titan Customization" is really surprising to me. Yeah it's fun to play around with loadouts but most of them were strictly inferior and gimmicky. I would rather have actual viable gimmicks.

RIP Quad Rocket, hopefully you will be back on the 7th downloadable Titan.