Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Heatran is better than your favorite legendary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
But Heatran is my favorite legendary.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

alcharagia posted:

B A D T A S T E P A R A D O X

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm pretty sure my favorite legendary is Zekrom, who is easily like 10 times cooler than that goofy lava mouth spider thing

edit: heatran also loses points by being a legendary i'd literally never actually seen in media until today.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

oddium posted:

one day accelgor won't have to run anymore and i hope to be there

That will be when Gamefreak buffs the bug type. So never.

Choice specs Accelgor can do some work though.

EDIT: Heatran is a piece of poo poo and everyone who uses it probably has a Cresselia on their team as well.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 9, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Best legendary

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

zordguarde's puppy dog face is very cute but regular snake is the best

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Internet Kraken posted:

Choice specs Accelgor can do some work though.

EDIT: Heatran is a piece of poo poo and everyone who uses it probably has a Cresselia on their team as well.

Cress is bad. Heatran is good.

Reshiram is the worst though.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Genesect is a legendary?!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
After exhaustive research, I can say that neither legendaries nor mythicals are real pokemon and if you use one and aren't a literal child you need to re-evaluate your life.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Space T Rex posted:

why wouldn't it be?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You can get Mew without an event from gen 4's My Pokemon Ranch IIRC.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

cheetah7071 posted:

if you use one and aren't a literal child you need to re-evaluate your life.

Articuno is in the same tier as Luvdisc

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dabir posted:

You can get Mew without an event from gen 4's My Pokemon Ranch IIRC.

Right, but like Jirachi and Manaphy that requires you to use an outside piece of software.

You can't catch them, or get them in any way beyond an event or a crossover promotion with another game.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

smdh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

less laughter posted:

Articuno is in the same tier as Luvdisc

I could accept using a trio legendary I guess but you're still skating on thin ice

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

I could accept using a trio legendary I guess but you're still skating on thin ice

Nope, trios include the genies which are garbage and need to go away forever.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Gen V had an absurd number of trios. Genies, Musketeers and the Dragons is way too much.

Also the genies have always sucked. Pre-Therian for having the same goddamn design and also hogging the only pure-flying typing. Post-Therian because they got different designs, but they're still loving terrible

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Zore posted:

why wouldn't it be?

I just never knew. I've never played whatever game he was revealed in I guess. I thought his story was just that he was some revived fossil that bad guys put a laser beam on.

Also I just tried using a Yanma in my Nuzlock run. Eventually I looked up when he learns some better moves online. Never. Holy poo poo he has one of the worst move pools I've ever seen. Dropped that bitch.

He is a bug/flying who learns no bug or flying moves until at least level 49. Jesus christ gamefreak!!

Oh nevermind he learns a flying move at 43 IF YOU HOLD HIM BACK FROM EVOLVING FOR 13 LEVELS

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 9, 2016

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

alcharagia posted:

Same

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Also the genies have always sucked. Pre-Therian for having the same goddamn design

The pixies differ less from each other than the Incarnate genies do. Direct your rage toward the pixies instead.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

Nope, trios include the genies which are garbage and need to go away forever.

Oh yeah, gently caress all legendaries

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

azelf is cool but the others............

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I can't believe hte casual pokemon bigotry i'm seeing here

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's plenty of pokemon that could be salvaged if they got demoted to normal pokemon but not like that's ever gonna happen

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Wished they'd demote heatran so I could breed that sucker

Heatran is a legendary with absolutely no bombast other than "lives in volcanoes"

Heatran should have been a pseudolegendary. I wonder if it was going to be at some point but they couldn't design pre-evolutions in time.

Internet Kraken posted:

Bugs made some gains in gen 5 but then Gamefreak must have decided they were too powerful and needed to be stopped, so they made fairy resist bug.

I do seriously wonder if the reason they made fire resist fairy and fairy resist bug is to avoid giving Mega Charizard X and Mega Gardevoire extra weaknesses since they know those were two of the most popular pokemon.

quote:

Heatran is cool and has a unique typing and useful ability. Cresselia is just a bag of defensive stats that people just shove onto any team though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

I just never knew. I've never played whatever game he was revealed in I guess. I thought his story was just that he was some revived fossil that bad guys put a laser beam on.

Also I just tried using a Yanma in my Nuzlock run. Eventually I looked up when he learns some better moves online. Never. Holy poo poo he has one of the worst move pools I've ever seen. Dropped that bitch.

He is a bug/flying who learns no bug or flying moves until at least level 49. Jesus christ gamefreak!!

Oh nevermind he learns a flying move at 43 IF YOU HOLD HIM BACK FROM EVOLVING FOR 13 LEVELS

Yanmega can learn both Bug Buzz and Air Slash via move tutor at level 33 at least.

Also lol if you thing Yanma has a bad movepool. Check out some of these dudes;

Banette, Trubbish, Unfeazent, Bronzong

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I do seriously wonder if the reason they made fire resist fairy and fairy resist bug is to avoid giving Mega Charizard X and Mega Gardevoire extra weaknesses since they know those were two of the most popular pokemon.

Well they gave Mega Gardevoir pixilate when it learns no damaging normal-type moves at all by level up so

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I've been playing blue lately, and I caught a sandshrew because that's a cool 'mon.
Then I looked up its move pool :smith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

QuasiQuack posted:

I've been playing blue lately, and I caught a sandshrew because that's a cool 'mon.
Then I looked up its move pool :smith:

Alola has a surprise for you!

E: I wonder if the Pokemon that only have an evolved Alolan forme will go Alola if they're transferred from another game.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Alola has a surprise for you!

E: I wonder if the Pokemon that only have an evolved Alolan forme will go Alola if they're transferred from another game.

Alolan Exeggutor are said grow tall in Alola due to the increased sunlight compared to other regions, so I'm guessing that that it works like a region-wide Ice/Mossy Rock or magnetic area.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Pretty sure they've said that pokemon transferred over will have their old evos.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Me and my buddy Tajiri made a list of the good and acceptable legendaries to use for battle or to have as favorites so rest assured yall, if you fall within this category you're good

Zapdos
Suicune
Heatran

And mythical too because apparently that's a distinction I wasn't aware of

Jirachi
Genesect

You're doing yourself and those around you a disservice by using or even admitting to liking any other ones, thanks

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

cheetah7071 posted:

Well they gave Mega Gardevoir pixilate when it learns no damaging normal-type moves at all by level up so

Good thing there's TMs. Hyper beam hits like a fairy Death Star.

And as far as legends go, I had a real fun time using Mew in Omega Ruby. I wish the cloning glitch was discovered before I got him to level 82, but hey, if anyone ever needs a high level Mew..

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 9, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

Me and my buddy Tajiri made a list of the good and acceptable legendaries to use for battle or to have as favorites so rest assured yall, if you fall within this category you're good

Zapdos
SuicuneRaikou
Heatran

And mythical too because apparently that's a distinction I wasn't aware of

JirachiMew
Genesect

You're doing yourself and those around you a disservice by using or even admitting to liking any other ones, thanks

I feel like this is mostly correct though I think you made two typos

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Suicune is in Pokken so it's automatically not garbage tier, though it is still a legendary

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Lucario is in Pokken too though. Pokken is not a good judge of character.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lucario is pretty cool, though not as cool as deviantart thinks he is

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Blaziken and Lucario are ancient Egyptian gods so that makes it thrilling to play as them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

pokken is a very good judge of character, in that if you play it i think you are very cool and should play it with me