Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
no one complained when samsung got rid of removable batteries for the galaxy 7. at least i don't think anyone did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gaunab posted:

no one complained when samsung got rid of removable batteries for the galaxy 7. at least i don't think anyone did

A lot of people did

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Where is Steve Jerbs in this pic, or is he in hell

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Gaunab posted:

It is one of the reasons my next phone is likely to be a Nexus. When I bought my note 4 the removable battery and SD slot were the main two features that sold me over the Nexus of that time. P dumb move imo and it is one of many stupid design decisions Samsung has made in their imitation of Apple.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Kimbo Slice died? And I found out like this?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Germstore posted:

lol

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
AirPrint is still way better than the printing system they've had in Android.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gaunab posted:

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me, I have to save up for a Nexus because gently caress that noise.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Germstore posted:

lmao

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Flesh Forge posted:

Where is Steve Jerbs in this pic, or is he in hell

There are no handicapped spots for him to park on in heaven.

He had to find somewhere else.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

From now on if anyone is having a problem with their phone just keep telling them "You're holding it wrong".

I've been doing this for years, and it's awesome.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Man it's just too drat big though, I like to keep my phone in my pocket and big phones are big dummos.

That's what I thought too, but it turns out the huge phone is epic as hell.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

opus111 posted:

Plenty of people want it though, which I know is hard to get your head around when you put your entire identity on having hte latest tech gear.

A lot of people want another season of 2 and a half men, too.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Germstore posted:

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
1. Apple didn't make a "proprietary headphone jack."

2. They removed a garbage "standard" that dates back the mid 1800s.wireless headphones are the new standard now because Apple said so (and this is good)

3. Trashphones (non Apple phones) will follow suit within a couple years.

4. You can still listen to headphones while charging you dipshits, Just not with your fail tangled corded gaming headphones

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

canpakes posted:

1. Apple didn't make a "proprietary headphone jack."

Isn't Lightning proprietary?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I was going to make some snarky remark about Apple not just using USB-C which has analog audio capabilities but apparently that has stupid charging limitations in it so basically screw all of these new connectors

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again
:jiggled:

WhyteRyce posted:

shut the gently caress up

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhyteRyce posted:

The lightening port is a superior charging jack, which can be had for the same price as android cords (LOL @ "miniusb). It's also so common that anywhere people gather someone is bound to have a lightening charger. They're much more common than mini usbs outside of the computer jobs.

The "headphone jack" hasn't been replaced by the lightening port. It's been replaced by Bluetooth. The lightening earphone jack is a temporary holdover until Bluetooth headphones become the new standard.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's not proprietary because lots of people have it like Apple's old proprietary but not proprietary connector

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

canpakes posted:

The lightening port is a superior charging jack, which can be had for the same price as android cords (LOL @ "miniusb). It's also so common that anywhere people gather someone is bound to have a lightening charger. They're much more common than mini usbs outside of the computer jobs.

The "headphone jack" hasn't been replaced by the lightening port. It's been replaced by Bluetooth. The lightening earphone jack is a temporary holdover until Bluetooth headphones become the new standard.

usb-c is better than lightning. sorry about your wasted money.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

No one uses Type-C and is a worse connector then Lightning which is why that one MacBook has only a single Lightning connector for everything

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Nexus 5X and 6P both use it. It charges 50% faster and its data transfer speed is literally two orders of magnitude faster.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
People who don't buy google products must have head trauma or something.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Germstore posted:

Nexus 5X and 6P both use it. It charges 50% faster and its data transfer speed is literally two orders of magnitude faster.

I have a 5X and at first I hated that it uses usb type-c because I had to use a stupid adapter for things. But I came to love it because my phone charges fast as poo poo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
My Nexus 6P lasts for 2 days on a charge and goes from redlined to full in like 25 mins lol. The future Owns.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's real sad that apple would bar its users from the future, but that's just the world we live in.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Remember firewire?

lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's pretty cool being able to use the same charger for your phone as your laptop

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Smythe posted:

My Nexus 6P lasts for 2 days on a charge and goes from redlined to full in like 25 mins lol. The future Owns.

Is a new Nexus on the horizon?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I know there are plenty of stupid people who will run out and buy this poo poo but I'm gonna laugh real hard with one of those $160 earbuds plain fall out and disappear down a drain or something.

Plus I further love the people who are like bluetooth is the future. oh boy more poo poo I have to make sure is charged or some extra dumb dongle I'll have to get sit in my pocket without breaking. Thanks stupid future companies.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

It's pretty cool being able to use the same charger for your phone as your laptop

well yeah if you are going to be an idiot bitch and over pay for a giant piece of garbage phone with matching 500% markup garbage laptop you really want to save that extra few dollars and have the convenience of charging one of them at a time with the same charger, or just getting two chargers eliminating that benefit entirely

This makes sense if you are dropping $3000 on what should cost <$1500. you see because you are bad at making decisions.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

my wife's laptop and phone can both charge off of usb-c, and it can deliver a lot more watts than lightning.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
slow charging is a feature. it preserves battery life. idiost

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Remember firewire?

lmao

i have a big sound card for theatrical use that takes firewire in. bugs out all the damned time. piece of poo poo!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

what a great idea

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

i have a big sound card for theatrical use that takes firewire in. bugs out all the damned time. piece of poo poo!!!

dsyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I get the feeling people think I'm arguing for Lightning and not Type-C

• Locked thread