Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.

Same.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I was only slightly disappointed when Kira tearing up at Koichi's thorough verbal destruction of him showed up on screen for just a split second (because in the manga you can really savor it), but I sort of forgot that Kira also turns on the waterworks when he gives himself the ol' chopparoo, which more than makes up for anything, forever :allears:

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

who would've thought that getting your hand cut off loving hurts, WHO WOULD'VE EVER GUESSED THAT FACT ABOUT LIFE

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
shia hatto attaku...

jakuten wa nai

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

Why did he try to specifically turn Koichi's school badge into a bomb, then?

It's not exactly unheard of for a JoJo character to add unnecessary details when explaining their actions.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

standard owl posted:

who would've thought that getting your hand cut off loving hurts, WHO WOULD'VE EVER GUESSED THAT FACT ABOUT LIFE

I think Kira's the first person since Esidisi to cry in a fight.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
ACDC?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ay Sea Dee See

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
No, Esidisi. Why would you just drop a band name in this discussion

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lastgirl posted:

shia hatto attaku...

jakuten wa nai

more like s h i t attaku

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can someone please make a loop of Okuyasu going the wrong way? That run is hilarious.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Well holy poo poo, I had no idea there was another full chunk of episodes coming. I thought this was the final arc so boy was I surprised when Kira loving got away clean. That was some good Jojo.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Overlord K posted:

Well holy poo poo, I had no idea there was another full chunk of episodes coming. I thought this was the final arc so boy was I surprised when Kira loving got away clean. That was some good Jojo.
Yeah, really got to hand it to him

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Didn't think there could be a perfect Jojo episode

That was your first mistake. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Why did he try to specifically turn Koichi's school badge into a bomb, then?

'You figured out my identity from my driver's license so, gently caress you, I'm turning your school badge into a bomb!'

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
After he is beaten, Kira goes for a more hands off approach.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Overlord K posted:

Oh my god you thought this was a 24 episode season.?Thats amazing, nah homie, strap in we got 15 episodes left and it's gonna be good

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So is Sheer Heart Attack totally loving useless if Josuke is around, or did that only work because his hand was gone? Or did it only work because ~Araki~

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Overlord K posted:

Here's a little spoiler on what to expect in the following episodes:

• Extremely good poo poo.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I want Jotaro to break my face

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

So is Sheer Heart Attack totally loving useless if Josuke is around, or did that only work because his hand was gone? Or did it only work because ~Araki~
I figure Kira specifically set SHA free and also cut off his hand, so SHA would either just rampage around endlessly or would eventually be killed and just destroy his severed hand. (Okuyasu, presumably, could scrape it apart even if nothing else worked.) Josuke was like "nah" about that, though.

It seems real clear that SHA is specifically linked to Kira's hand, and Kira himself might not know all the rules. Even if SHA just stomped around for a couple of minutes until Kira's severed hand finished dying (and I bet Kira knows how long THAT takes, somehow) that's still time enough for him to get the gently caress away.

I'm not clear how he knows so much about everyone. Josuke and Okuyasu, sure, but he knows about Yukako and Aya too. Maybe I was just high on goofballs during an episode, but that seems like information Kira would have had to learn, as opposed to sussing out a general "you got more buddies than the J/O brothers, don't you, Koichi?"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I eagerly await seeing what stand hides in Killer Queen's dick medallion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nessus posted:

I'm not clear how he knows so much about everyone. Josuke and Okuyasu, sure, but he knows about Yukako and Aya too. Maybe I was just high on goofballs during an episode, but that seems like information Kira would have had to learn, as opposed to sussing out a general "you got more buddies than the J/O brothers, don't you, Koichi?"

I'm also not a fan of how he immediately managed to suss out that Star Platinum could stop time just from being punched by it a lot.

Also SHA is totally still a problem because as we've seen with Koichi's dilemma even if you stop the bombtank, then you've still got Murderess Emperess to deal with. If nothing else, it can work as a perfectly good distraction. How long can you ignore it being behind you saying to look that way to focus the other Stand?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Murderous Empress?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I'm also not a fan of how he immediately managed to suss out that Star Platinum could stop time just from being punched by it a lot.

Also SHA is totally still a problem because as we've seen with Koichi's dilemma even if you stop the bombtank, then you've still got Murderess Emperess to deal with. If nothing else, it can work as a perfectly good distraction. How long can you ignore it being behind you saying to look that way to focus the other Stand?

Eh, he just got punched incredibly fast and then went 'holy poo poo that was incredibly fast, it was like he stopped time or something'. That's not exactly a Sherlock Holmes-tier deduction.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

The line I read was "he's so fast, it's like he can stop time!" which reads more like Kira being amusingly on point while he's having his poo poo pushed in. I mean, D'arby probably had a similar impression too.

The answer there really does seem to be Okuyasu, but I suspect he's going to get Avdol'd now :(

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

shia hatto attaku...

jakuten wa nai
It should go it alone, Anubis style IMO.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
You know, Koichi's a real trooper, he survived with a hole through his abdomen for like, nearly a minute and a half or something.

I can think of some other green-uniformed schoolmates that didn't even last half that long

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

Murderous Empress?

Yeah, you know, Monarchy Slayer.

Nessus posted:

The line I read was "he's so fast, it's like he can stop time!" which reads more like Kira being amusingly on point while he's having his poo poo pushed in. I mean, D'arby probably had a similar impression too.

The answer there really does seem to be Okuyasu, but I suspect he's going to get Avdol'd now :(

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh, he just got punched incredibly fast and then went 'holy poo poo that was incredibly fast, it was like he stopped time or something'. That's not exactly a Sherlock Holmes-tier deduction.

It still really feels like a really out there assumption to think that someone's stopping time instead of just y'know, being fast.

Like, if he was popping up on different sides of him somehow without him noticing, then yeah, I can believe that but it seems like a little too weirdly on the nose to pull out of the blue.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Idk, "He's hitting so fast, it's like he can stop time" feels like a reasonable parallel. It's not like Kira now has "Can stop time?" written in his mental file on Jotaro, just that Jotaro can punch good and fast

I saw a vine that looped/sped this up and slammed the Stardust Crusaders theme + an ORA ORA ORA over and it was very good. gently caress off Koichi

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

You know, Koichi's a real trooper, he survived with a hole through his abdomen for like, nearly a minute and a half or something.

I can think of some other green-uniformed schoolmates that didn't even last half that long
Koichi didn't get loving kicked three blocks into a water tower, he just fell on the ground.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

did you know the reason araki altered yoshikage kira's appearance because he actually was too likeable so he had to make him more despicable towards the end of act 4

shia hatto attaku............jakuten wa nai~

But he becomes even more likable?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

We only have 15 episodes left?

Looking at the number of story arcs we have left, are they going to be able to fit everything into 15 episodes and still have it be as good as it's been? Feels like they're going to be cutting it close to me.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Dexie posted:

Looking at the number of story arcs we have left, are they going to be able to fit everything into 15 episodes and still have it be as good as it's been? Feels like they're going to be cutting it close to me.

If you ask me, the back third of DiU has some wild pacing problems and if they can clean it up a bit to fit it in a shorter timeframe I'm all for it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Nessus posted:

If anything Okuyasu is the one doing the Avdoling

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dexie posted:

There are around 10 named arcs left after the next episode, which is chapter 100 out of 174 in the manga so they will indeed have to fasten the pace, specially in the more "slice-of-life" episodes since there is no way in hell they are cutting a single second of the last mayor arc.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 10, 2016

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
now that we've seen jotoro's single best one-liner in the entirety of jojos, please look upon the majesty that is the duwang translations of that scene

http://imgur.com/a/YzVyx

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bonewitch posted:

now that we've seen jotoro's single best one-liner in the entirety of jojos, please look upon the majesty that is the duwang translations of that scene

http://imgur.com/a/YzVyx

abaj?

• Locked thread