Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Charles Sims wishes he were Chris Hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Edit wrong thread

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Throw Tate in there, those other two shouldn't even be considered.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forrest on Fire posted:

Edit wrong thread

Uh, that shouldn't even be a problem, why would you consider either Tajae or Shane Vereen over Golden Tate?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I'd need to pick up a TE to cover for the Gronk nonsense, probably Walford because the WW is slim. Either that or hold out hope and pick up Jesse James if needed.

Who do I drop to make room? .5 PPR

Kamar Aiken
Tevin Coleman

e: oh wait, just realized my league added an IR slot for the first time. When do Patriots have to report a player's official status by?

Teeter fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 10, 2016

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Uh, that shouldn't even be a problem, why would you consider either Tajae or Shane Vereen over Golden Tate?

I'm the idiot who forgot Megatron retired.

It's been a busy year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

People are really torn about Tevin Coleman.

I don't want him on my team because he hosed me but then again I wouldn't be mad if I didn't believe in him once.

I'm dropping Travis Benjamin and picking up Clive Walford. Don't try to stop me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cam Newton is cool and good. If he can put up 20 points against Denver then assuming his brains don't leak out of his ears he should be great.

Kevlin Benjamin on a snap count? gently caress you Riverboat Ron. He looked great but it's only one game.

Devin Funchess is a flex play at best. He had some targets that could have panned out but it's clear he has some work to do. Maybe next year.

Stewart looked great but I suspect he's being overdrafted given the rest of the competition in Carolina.

Trevor Siemien looked solid for a guy doing his first start against one of the best defenses in the league.

I would be worried about Demaryius Thomas right now.

CJ Anderson. Holy poo poo.

Fire Chris Collinsworth into the sun and replace him with Peyton Manning.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cam Newton is cool and good. If he can put up 20 points against Denver then assuming his brains don't leak out of his ears he should be great.

Kevlin Benjamin on a snap count? gently caress you Riverboat Ron. He looked great but it's only one game.

Devin Funchess is a flex play at best. He had some targets that could have panned out but it's clear he has some work to do. Maybe next year.

Stewart looked great but I suspect he's being overdrafted given the rest of the competition in Carolina.

Trevor Siemien looked solid for a guy doing his first start against one of the best defenses in the league.

I would be worried about Demaryius Thomas right now.

CJ Anderson. Holy poo poo.

Fire Chris Collinsworth into the sun and replace him with Peyton Manning.

None of these takes are hot enough Beer, try being a little less reasonable next time ok?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Is Vance McDonald a legitimate flier for week 1 if your TE doesn't start? Cook, Walford both gone and Rudolph scares me. Any under the radar guys I should be worried about? It appears my league likes their back up tight ends more than I do.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrSargent posted:

None of these takes are hot enough Beer, try being a little less reasonable next time ok?

I'm basically the Jim Caldwell of fantasy analysis.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Well with all this Rawls nonsense, I'm starting to feel fairly miffed about taking him as an RB2. Not really even worth a flex play this week. What the hell?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sataere posted:

Is Vance McDonald a legitimate flier for week 1 if your TE doesn't start? Cook, Walford both gone and Rudolph scares me. Any under the radar guys I should be worried about? It appears my league likes their back up tight ends more than I do.

McDonald is a reasonable flier, yeah. It's Gabbert, who is bad, but McDonald is a safety net for him, and that's good; and, it's the Rams, so even the niners have a shot at winning the game.

I mean, you could wind up with a 0, that's the floor here, but I think reasonable he should get like four to six catches and it's possible he could get an end zone target.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

McDonald way ahead of Rudolph, at least. Straight up cut Rudolph for McDonald.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kloaked00 posted:

Well with all this Rawls nonsense, I'm starting to feel fairly miffed about taking him as an RB2. Not really even worth a flex play this week. What the hell?

Coming off an injury and cmike has made big strides, and it's Miami. Carrol putting Rawls on a snap count isn't that surprising.

Rawls is still gonna have a great year, don't panic.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Leperflesh posted:

McDonald is a reasonable flier, yeah. It's Gabbert, who is bad, but McDonald is a safety net for him, and that's good; and, it's the Rams, so even the niners have a shot at winning the game.

I mean, you could wind up with a 0, that's the floor here, but I think reasonable he should get like four to six catches and it's possible he could get an end zone target.

Is Vance a better choice than Jesse James is? I feel like Ben's gonna be throwing all over the place Monday, and James is really big so he's got some scoring potential, plus I don't trust Gabbert.
Jared Cook is also available in my league, but I already have Aaron Rodgers and Nelson and I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket like that. Also, I want to see how things split between Cook and the other Rodgers

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

VietCampo posted:

So this Spencer Ware situation is turning non ideal with coach talk. It's now making me considering someone else at RB2.

My 3 potential backs are Gore/Ware/Michael.

I'm confidently starting Ware. I think we knew West was going to get his touches but:

- it's a great matchup for ware
- Chiefs will probably be ahead most of the game so there will be plenty of carries to go around
- West himself has been banged up throughout camp

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/773961627922071552

he's supposedly a game time decision. lmao 2015 first round WRs

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
CJ Anderson looked real last night. It's a shame I already got rid of him in a trade that goes through next week and left him on my bench. :suicide:

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
I've got bortles as my starting qb and dak as my backup/ lottery ticket. Someone just dropped tom brady in my league, is it worth dropping my lottery ticket for the known quality of brady? Ive also got charmander or diggs i could drop and try to shop dak around?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ray Dakota Prescott's upside is like Thomas Edward Brady's median projection. Do whatever but don't think you should keep Prescott over Brady.

Personally I'd get rid of Charmander but then you have 3 QBs

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Goodtime Pancreas posted:

I've got bortles as my starting qb and dak as my backup/ lottery ticket. Someone just dropped tom brady in my league, is it worth dropping my lottery ticket for the known quality of brady? Ive also got charmander or diggs i could drop and try to shop dak around?

Unless it's a 2 QB or like a 16 team league, I don't think dak Prescott is worth rostering.

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
It's a 12 team but every team is rostering two qbs so the leftovers are not looking good.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I drafted Rawls over CJ Anderson in my early August draft even though Beersheets told me I was wrong :(.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Tiptoes posted:

This is more of a gut feeling right now, but I think I'm stashing New England RB DJ Foster wherever I can in PPR leagues. Undrafted rookie hurts his hamstring in June, doesn't come back until after week 2 of the preseason, but still makes the team. Largely because of preseason week 4 where he saw a lot of play while Brady was on the field. I definitely got a "what can we do with this kid" vibe from his usage in that game. James White is a JAG-level talent and Belichick is cold-blooded; he will replace you with someone who does your job better than you if he has that option. They're only carrying four real WRs right now so I think they're still planning on using that role that Dion Lewis executed so effectively in their weekly gameplans.
I'm doubling down on this prediction just because I can. I definitely think I'm going to toss out at least a couple DFS lineups that include Foster or TE AJ Derby this week. Gronk didn't travel with the team. Amendola apparently barely missed starting the year on PUP and it's hard to think he'll play a large role against Arizona. The #4 receiver, Malcolm Mitchell, is still recovering from a nasty-looking elbow injury. Pretty sure he's still in a brace. And there's no one after him; the #5 and final receiver is Matt Slater who literally never plays offense.

Given the way Foster and Derby played in the preseason, I think Belichick and McDaniels are going to try to throw something at the Cardinals that they aren't expecting. Use a player they trust in practice but one the Cards don't have any film of to prepare for. I mean they have the players to defend against the more conventional Edelman/Hogan/Bennett options. And James White, while he tries his hardest, is still just a JAG and you're leaving yards on the field if they try to use him like they used Lewis. This isn't a match-up they can half-rear end their gameplan for so it just feels like a great spot to Wally Pipp White immediately just because they may need as many playmakers as possible in this game.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
With Gronk out this weekend I'm scrambling, and I just read a glowing recommendation for Clive Walford, the TE for Oakland. Is he a better look than Charles Clay (my current backup TE)? Kyle Rudolph and Jordan Cameron are both available as well, at least I recognize those names...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Bears TE Zach Miller went largely undrafted and looked fantastic the last portion of last season.

I ended up with either Olsen or Walker in all of my leagues somehow, so I'm not playing that TE game this year :smug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Vance
Clive
Jesse James

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-five-rob-gronkowski-week-one-replacements.html

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Nice, Vance was available. Thanks friend

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

My 3 potential backs are Gore/Ware/Michael.

I had my wife bench Rawls for Gore at RB2. Ryan Mathews is flexed. Gurley is her RB1.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Allright, I'm on board.
It's your chance, Play your Vance. It's a Space Jam.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Why do people roster back up tight ends and quarter backs?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Guys read the article Clive is the better play :ohdear:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Hasn't Arizona been pretty poo poo at defending TEs?

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

ZIGfried posted:

Tight ends I'm not sure, but I always take the best of whatever QB is left with my last pick of the draft. Because if my QB goes down these would be my options. Instead I have a nice safe Alex Smith. Then a few weeks into the season after typically a few bye weeks people start dropping Qb's and I do the same. I pretty much just have a back up to last me until people start dropping their backups and the waiver wire isn't filled with 100% trash.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Hasn't Arizona been pretty poo poo at defending TEs?

Yeah but Martellus is almost 90% owned so you can't really go out and snag him

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ZIGfried posted:

Just in case the backup magically turns into a fantasy unicorn.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

Sure, I get that. I'm just thinking out loud here as some historical "data" is coming back to me.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

The 2nd TE on a team being 90% owned is hilarious. I am going to compile a list of everyone I know who drafted Martellus Bennett and laugh at them at the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Spoeank posted:

Guys read the article Clive is the better play :ohdear:

Yeah, but he's taken in my league, so that leaves it down to Vance or Jesse.

• Locked thread