Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

the SE is the perfect form factor that has ever existed in a telephone and you are wrong and stupid but ok

he's wrong about the software but correct about the size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
my sister's husband used to have some samsung hugephone, but then bought an iphone... 5? because the samsung was too big and wouldn't fit into the pockets of his work clothes.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

the SE is the perfect form factor that has ever existed in a telephone and you are wrong and stupid but ok

It's garbage by every metric. I don't want to resort to ad hominem arguments, but in this case, the fact that you're severely mentally ill, it's warranted.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

in 2016 war was beginning and you had to charge your head phones, cigarettes, and books

in about 3 weeks we will have ladder war 6.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Wheany posted:

my sister's husband used to have some samsung hugephone, but then bought an iphone... 5? because the samsung was too big and wouldn't fit into the pockets of his work clothes.

edge case. just use bigger pockets.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i insist that i hate big phones but i stumbled upon an old iphone 4 at work and holy poo poo it's freaking small :pwn: like... it's tiny

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

notification thingy doesn;t respect dark mode what the gently caress tim :saddowns:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

THC posted:

notification thingy doesn;t respect dark mode what the gently caress tim :saddowns:

Touchwiz is so loving ugly

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I kind of want to wait and get the SE-mk2 whenever they release it as my 6 is working fine and it would be nice if it had the force touchy thingy but I worry they'll double down and take the headphone jack off that too.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

zen death robot posted:

they won't make a new se for about 2 years or so

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
it still has a loving optical drive lmoa

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

It is still shipping with Sandy Bridge?

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

that's a mbp model from 2012

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Toady posted:

that's a mbp model from 2012

So..... Yes?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zen death robot posted:

hugephones ftw

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

btw, looks like AirPlay as an audio protocol is dead. the new iOS calls it "AirPlay mirroring" instead of just AirPlay. and there's only 1 AirPlay speaker on Apple.com

THC posted:

bug, try tuning it (dark mode) on an off again.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

courage

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
im paralyzed with the decision between SE and 7 upgrade from a 5s oh god

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the 5s is a fine device. hold off for the 10th anniversary phone if you can imo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

PleasureKevin posted:

btw, looks like AirPlay as an audio protocol is dead. the new iOS calls it "AirPlay mirroring" instead of just AirPlay. and there's only 1 AirPlay speaker on Apple.com

im glad that apple writes the best proprietary specifications

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

The SE has bad software and is too small. It's worthless junk.

actually it's the best phone ever made

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

actually it's the best phone ever made

Nah. It's got bad software and is too small. It's junk.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

PleasureKevin posted:

thats got to be a bug, high end receivers come with airplay they are not going to drop it out of nowhere

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

Nah. It's got bad software and is too small. It's junk.

you are incorrect and have the phone equivalent of redneck-compensating-for-his-small-dick-with-a-massive-lifted-pickup-truck, my friend

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

you are incorrect and have the phone equivalent of redneck-compensating-for-his-small-dick-with-a-massive-lifted-pickup-truck, my friend

Nah. The Nexus 6P is the best smartphone on the market. Just get over it say "suits my needs" without any more of this pathetic reaching. The SE isn't even an Apple flagship, lol. Deal with it, dude.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

Nah. The Nexus 6P is the best smartphone on the market. Just get over it say "suits my needs" without any more of this pathetic reaching. The SE isn't even an Apple flagship, lol. Deal with it, dude.

large phones are bad and I've had multiple instances of friends/strangers notice and compliment my phone not being "comically large" in the past few months when they see my SE

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

large phones are bad and I've had multiple instances of friends/strangers notice and compliment my phone not being "comically large" in the past few months when they see my SE

I couldn't care less about the opinions of people who are voluntarily friends or otherwise interacting with The Credit Card Care guy.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

I couldn't care less about the opinions of people who are voluntarily friends or otherwise interacting with The Credit Card Care guy.

fair enough

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
the SE is a pathetic attempt to hold on to the past, like wearing your letterman jacket from high school when you're 24. it's over dude, let it go. embrace the huge phone future.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size#/phones/size/Apple-iPhone-7-Plus,Google-Nexus-6P/phones/9816,9587

the iP7+ and 6P are pretty much the same size but the 6p has a screen .2" bigger. visionary jony ive aces minimalist design again.

also, the 6p is much easier to hold than the 6s+ at least because the sides are actually flat instead of perfectly curved edges that are impossible to grip without having the precision of a 15 year old korean starcraft player

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

what if we take the pencil-sticking-out-of-the-iPad aesthetic... but put it on a persons head

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

oh hey john fireball weighed in on the "courage" comment

he thought it was actually extremely good

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Courage of one’s convictions, not courage running into a burning building to save a life, but courage nonetheless.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
1336 words... too bad it wasn't one more :hellyeah:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

rapeface posted:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size#/phones/size/Apple-iPhone-7-Plus,Google-Nexus-6P/phones/9816,9587

the iP7+ and 6P are pretty much the same size but the 6p has a screen .2" bigger. visionary jony ive aces minimalist design again.

also, the 6p is much easier to hold than the 6s+ at least because the sides are actually flat instead of perfectly curved edges that are impossible to grip without having the precision of a 15 year old korean starcraft player

too bad the screen is dim and has terrible color

but hey, .2"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sudo Echo posted:

too bad the screen is dim and has terrible color

but hey, .2"

nice meaningless chart. My regards to the fine folks at The Help Group

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yeah, it's pretty bad outdoors. looks great inside tho. OLED at night is especially good. bigger screen for same size phone is good, no matter how you slice it, higher resolution. dunno what you mean by colour, i'm using sSRG mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

at least the 6P doesn't bend with normal use (it disintegrates)

also wasn't the encryption total crap and slowed the device down so bad they disabled it with a software update?

i mean this is the phone that effectively killed the Nexus line. feel sorry for anyone who had a previous Nexus and "upgraded" to this only to get Huawei garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg&t=267s

watch this, it jumps to the good part

• Locked thread