Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Anyway sorry just venting. Angry that there was no system in place, like contacting the Carrier Account number and getting their authorization. Or sending a picture of me being ripped from her womb.

Bill Barber posted:

Nice. Haven't had a meltdown in the iPhone thread in a while. :munch:
Yeah it was cathartic. I fully admit to melting down. Long day. Woke up at 2 to order the phone, slept a little more, spent all day in the OR in a bullshit case. Now I'm tired and grumpy and need a drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

obi_ant posted:

I keep seeing a notification for Target Cartwheel, I'm near a target, but I keep getting a notification that it's near. How do I turn this off? I already turned off notification for the App Store.

I think it's the Wallet Pass that is doing it. Open Wallet, go to the Pass that's in there, click the little "i" in the corner and try flipping the "Suggest on Lock Screen" toggle.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone know how the Burlingame Apple Store is on iPhone launch day? I'm going to be flying out of sfo at 11 and I'm thinking of lining up around 5 or 6.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Jealous Cow posted:

Anyone know how the Burlingame Apple Store is on iPhone launch day? I'm going to be flying out of sfo at 11 and I'm thinking of lining up around 5 or 6.

Unless you are signing up for the Apple Upgrade Program or doing some malarky to buy a Verizon phone so it's factory unlocked, I'd just go to your carrier store.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Weedle posted:

If you don't trade your old phone back in you'll have to pay off the remainder of the cost (at least 12 payments).

I am a new enrollment in the program.

Edit: just saw the other post saying there was no requirement to trade in if you newly signed up. So yep this 6 will go on Craigslist or SA mart once my new phone comes in

Rubiks Pubes fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 9, 2016

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I am a new enrollment in the program. Was not on it other than with my 7+ ordered this morning. It never asked what sort of phone I had or made any mention of a trade in during the process.
Well if you're new then yeah you don't have to do anything. You don't have to just give the dealership your current car if you're gonna start leasing a new one.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

You don't need to trade anything if you're new. All you have to do is pay tax and maybe the first month.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data ATT plan and pay $62/mo before taxes/fees with my FAN discount. I'm on a 6 so my contract is expiring, but since ATT isn't offering subsidized plans anymore, should I consider switching carriers? If not, should I buy a Verizon 7 for better resale?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data ATT plan and pay $62/mo before taxes/fees with my FAN discount. I'm on a 6 so my contract is expiring, but since ATT isn't offering subsidized plans anymore, should I consider switching carriers? If not, should I buy a Verizon 7 for better resale?
Can't you just continue paying month to month with your current plan? I honestly have no idea how it works but I recently just bought a new iPhone outright and I'm in your same situation (contract officially done Sept 12th) and I guess I have no idea what will happen going forward.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

You can buy a phone at full price and just swap the SIMs. Your plan + its features are really great.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

LODGE NORTH posted:

You can buy a phone at full price and just swap the SIMs. Your plan + its features are really great.

Can you even buy one not tied to a carrier yet?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yeah that looks like what I'm going to have to do. Although I guess I could do either the Apple or ATT payment plans?

I might just hold off until next year's 10th anniversary phone since the camera is the only upgrade that matters to me and I take my cat pics in near darkness anyway so the larger aperture won't help enough.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bum the Sad posted:

So I did the apple upgrade program and gently caress apple. I share an account with my Mother who lives 300 miles away, when I bought the phone at 2am it wouldn't let me change the shipping address to my billing address. I just spent an hour on the phone arguing with them, getting the phone call escalated. They have no way to change the order shipping address, the Phone has to ship to the AT&T Billing address on the account, not to the person who bought it, put in their social security number, and took out a loan.

I have some apple hookers private email address and extension who's going to continue to try and fix this somehow but I'm doubtful, she kept telling me sob stories of her "other clients" getting hosed over by this.

I bought the new watch too, I spend $2000 dollars on a phone and watch and they cant loving ship me half of what I paid for.

So apparently I was supposed to have known to log into AT&T, quickly change the billing address to my home, order the phone, then change it back.

I know it's been addressed already but I wanted to comment on this. I'm in a similar situation. I'm on my brother's ATT plan because he has a lot of lines on it plus he gets a far better FAN discount making it cheaper for everyone. When I ordered my phone last night from Apple's website, it explicitly says during the checkout process that the phone can only ship to the account holder's address and it shows multiple times where it is shipping to. So, sorry for your poor reading ability.

That being said, you may not be screwed. This also happened to me last year. Once the phone actually shipped and I had a tracking number, I was able to contact UPS and have it re-routed to me. It delayed the phone by a day I believe. Give it a shot. YMMV.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah that looks like what I'm going to have to do. Although I guess I could do either the Apple or ATT payment plans?

Only Apple. ATT Next will make you switch plans from unlimited, I think. I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan and signed up for the Apple upgrade program without any issues last night.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

AT&T at least *used* to allow people on unlimited use Next, but they didn't get any discount on the plan, functionally paying twice for the phone. That may not be the case anymore.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

LODGE NORTH posted:

Unless you are signing up for the Apple Upgrade Program or doing some malarky to buy a Verizon phone so it's factory unlocked, I'd just go to your carrier store.

I want to buy a T-Mobile phone for the unlocked goodness.

I've never bought an iPhone from att. Do they do similar launch day early opens?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
FFS, go visit your mom and get your phone. She misses you.

she told me last night giggity

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Not from what I know, but I imagine it might be on a store-by-store basis unless it violates policy.

It's mostly just that the stores are never that busy. The line at my local Apple Store was about 20 people deep with hour long waits, but my AT&T Experience store had little to no people in it. No lines, nothing.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Do you get the same keyboard two finger cursor on the plus size phones as the iPad?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You use 3D Touch. Works on 6s up. I think this is what you're asking about

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

This poo poo. I love it on the iPad. If that's on the Plus, I'm gonna poo my pants.

quote:

Use the cursor to select text
To move the cursor on your iPad screen, place two fingers anywhere on the keyboard until the keyboard turns gray. Then move your fingers to move the cursor around.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Housh posted:

This poo poo. I love it on the iPad. If that's on the Plus, I'm gonna poo my pants.

Yes but you only need to use one finger.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Few thoughts on iOS 10 so far:

Very snappy. New animations are great.

New control centre is really bad. Not sure why Night Shift needs a button spanning nearly the entire width of the screen for something that's supposed to be automated anyway...

Music app is a mixed bag. The context menu for songs is AWFUL:

Look at this garbage. I know they streamlined the iOS 9 music app after a while so hopefully they do that with this soon, at the moment it's WAY too cluttered. I'd also love to see metrics for who is ever clicking Share Station...

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yes but you only need to use one finger.
That's going to be next level poo poo for me.

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

Looks like in both the control center and the context menu they're trying to draw attention to new features. Hopefully that means they'll b changed eventually.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Few thoughts on iOS 10 so far:

Very snappy. New animations are great.

New control centre is really bad. Not sure why Night Shift needs a button spanning nearly the entire width of the screen for something that's supposed to be automated anyway...

Music app is a mixed bag. The context menu for songs is AWFUL:

Look at this garbage. I know they streamlined the iOS 9 music app after a while so hopefully they do that with this soon, at the moment it's WAY too cluttered. I'd also love to see metrics for who is ever clicking Share Station...

It's fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
That T-Mobile free iPhone 7 offer is a $650 prepaid MasterCard at Costco

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/D...als+LLC&irgwc=1

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Lol for you use apples apps nowadays

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Can you change the default apps yet?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

rear end Catchcum posted:

Lol for you use apples apps nowadays

What do you suggest for music?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

LionArcher posted:

What do you suggest for music?
Spotify.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I'm close to switching from Spotify to apple music. I don't care about the politics, I just want all the music

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I'm close to switching from Spotify to apple music. I don't care about the politics, I just want all the music

Same. Discovery was holding me back, but if the new list from Apple is just as good...

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Replace dog with iPhones

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
They finally fixed my iPhone upgrade eligibility issue and I can schedule my appointment correctly but they're out of everything, thx Apple. I'll get on chat and see what they can do.

Is it possible to order a sprint or t-mobile iPhone and it will work on AT&T? I thought they had a version that was compatible with all bands and carriers.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I just did this this week and am not looking back. I hate the Spotify app so much. It's battery draining ugly trash. I used SongShift to bring my playlists over and cancelled Spotify real fast.

No more "..." when I start the app with no service but want to listen to cached music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm honestly surprised no one is even biting at my $525 6S. It's unlocked and comes with the official case and it has no problems. I genuinely do not understand what is going on.