Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008
It's "suspenseful" (not scary)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

When Nemesis busts out of window in the precinct, the one by the darkroom stairs. That's loving scary, mate.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I think I wa splaying Pokemon blue and tcg in the third grade

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

re4 made you panic a lot. i mean the intro is great, it throws like 2 zombeis at you to teach you how to shoot and then it goes "okay here's like forty"

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Perhaps even scarier than the Where's Waldo? that had no Waldo and an angry undead face pop out after your face is inches from the screen trying to find him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna replay RE4 now. It's been almost a year

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

re4 made you panic a lot. i mean the intro is great, it throws like 2 zombeis at you to teach you how to shoot and then it goes "okay here's like forty"

Ya and then here comes dr Salvador to cut your fuxkkn head off bitch!!!!! Great game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

I would constantly be pausing to take a breather cause it stressed me out so bad. I still have trouble initiating certain sequences like the part where you have to activate the elevator and that thing is chasing you around the hallways disappearing and poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

in 3rd grade i was like that except it was three stooges for the nes

... Mike?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

oh drat mike did a live stream of the stooges game 2 months ago

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres multiple mike stooges game streams there goes my night

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

Re4 isn't scary

Yeah I realised that once I actually played it but it took months to work up the courage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

theres multiple mike stooges game streams there goes my night

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kazvall posted:

Perhaps even scarier than the Where's Waldo? that had no Waldo and an angry undead face pop out after your face is inches from the screen trying to find him.

Jesus christ

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bobnumerotres posted:

the intro is intense on your first run.

me and my friend used to take turns playing RE4 mercs. I wished they made an unlockable shooting gallery mode with 2 player versus.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Going from the gamecube verison to the re-releases threw me off with Ashley, because she can't do the suplex no more :smith:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

in 3rd grade i was like that except it was three stooges for the nes

same here probably

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
getting triggered about the soup minigame atm`

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

getting triggered about the soup minigame atm`

now that is scary

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

rediscover posted:

i was in 3rd grade when RE4 came out and i was completely obsessed with it. i remeber one time in my room standing up playing it cause i was so into it. my mom comes in like honey your friends on the phone. and i spent like 30 minutes narrating everything that was happening in the game to my 'girlfriend' on the phone and she just listened and didnt say anything the whole time

what a good freaking game

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i don't think i would let a 3rd grader play resident evil, though, even the non-scary ones.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

now that is scary

to elaborate, the soup minigame in three stooges for nes: it's curly making weird digitized face while making a weird digitized "da'oohh!!' sound, and it's horrifying

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Idk if I'm misremembering this but wasn't there also an eyeball that popped up in the soup sometimes?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Jerkops posted:

Idk if I'm misremembering this but wasn't there also an eyeball that popped up in the soup sometimes?

oysters pop up to eat the crackers, causing curly to scream

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

oysters pop up to eat the crackers, causing curly to scream

I remember now, my friend told me there was a rare eyeball that would give you $100 if you got it

drat you, Corey

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
xD

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I voluntarily played and beat castlevania 2 without a guide

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I've never played a video game voluntarily

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jerkops posted:

I've never played a video game voluntarily

Pauly Walnuts voice: loving qu**r!

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
as a teenager got my gameboy sp stolen along with advacne wars 2 black hole rising as i left it outside to go get drunk and finger an ugly 20 year old on a concrete barge

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Proud Rat Mom posted:

as a teenager got my gameboy sp stolen along with advacne wars 2 black hole rising as i left it outside to go get drunk and finger an ugly 20 year old on a concrete barge

i think this guy is actually secretely trying to brag about having sex

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i kind of want to buy a neo geo tomorrow even though its like $200 and i only would sometimes play like 2 games on it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i brought my gba to school once and a bully stole it from me, my parents grounded me for months for having a bully

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Bobnumerotres posted:

i brought my gba to school once and a bully stole it from me, my parents grounded me for months for having a bully

lol did u get it back?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he "gave it to someone else" and every administrator was like "why'd you bring video games to school school is not gaming time you little poo poo" so no he just got away with that. public school owns

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

he "gave it to someone else" and every administrator was like "why'd you bring video games to school school is not gaming time you little poo poo" so no he just got away with that. public school owns

owned

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i kind of want to buy a neo geo tomorrow even though its like $200 and i only would sometimes play like 2 games on it

People buy arcade PCBs of single games for more than this regularly, just because they love the game so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i remember i had some multi game in one 'laptop' thing when i was in like first grade and one of the kids stole it when i brought it into school. i was walking back home at the end of the day with my mum we saw him carrying it and when we asked his mother insisted it was his so we flipped it over and it had my name written on it and she still acted like it was some massive coincidence

• Locked thread