Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i think if CLG plays like it can, group a will be bloody.

but i doubt they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Eu got some pretty good groups minus Spy getting RNG/TSM/Samsung..

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Ulio posted:

who needs pool 1 baby

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
C9 and CLG are fuuuuucked.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Ulio posted:

Agreed, I think even h2k could maybe get out of groups

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
CLG could maybe actually get out of that group if they can beat g2 somehow but c9 is completely hosed so im looking forwards to that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Actually incredible miracle completely sucks dick nevermind... c9 isn't out of this yet baby.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

CLG could maybe actually get out of that group if they can beat g2 somehow but c9 is completely hosed so im looking forwards to that.

c9 and tsm are royally hosed and clg is gonna get crushed by g2 to also not make it out of groups, na is dead this year rip

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

Were there some good reactions on the Sneaky stream?

Mostly making fun of the cringey reaction cams

Also Groups Rankings:
Group A: gonna be a Rox and G2 Pound Town. Giving even odds on CLG losing both of their games to Albus Nox
Group B: The absolute hardest group
Group C: The only chance a wildcard team has to make it out of groups this year
Group D: A toss up between TSM/SSG/RNG. Completely dependent on whether or not anyone throws to Splyce

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
https://twitter.com/G2Zven/status/774674060106199040

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
tsm needs to be able to beat samsung/rng if they're a semi's calibre team so I don't really see a big deal here.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

TSM is 100% better than RNG and samsung this year and I really can't see them doing worse than splitting with them.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Wait its standard lanes isnt it nevermind im revising my clg prediction to 0-6.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't know poo poo about IM but I don't think B is impossible for c9 to get out of

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm excited for TSM to sweep their group.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think RNG will smoke Group D but I think TSM will take 2nd in it.

My hope is that INTZ gets second in Group C.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

henkman posted:

I don't know poo poo about IM but I don't think B is impossible for c9 to get out of

It's not, they drew the worst second seed but Flash Wolves is by far the weakest #1 seed.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hot Takes:

Group A)
1st: ROX
2nd: G2
3rd: ANX
4th: CLG

Group B)
1st: SKT
2nd: FW
3rd: C9
4th: I May

Group C)
1) EDG
2) AHQ
3) INTZ
4) H2K

Group D)
1) RNG
2) TSM
3) SSG
4) Splyce

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Monathin posted:

3) INTZ
4) H2K

question mark

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Asema posted:

c9 and tsm are royally hosed and clg is gonna get crushed by g2 to also not make it out of groups, na is dead this year rip

I think C9 actually has a chance of making it out even better than TSM. FW/IMAY are very weak early game and Impact is better than both MMD/Amazingj.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lovechop posted:

question mark

Never doubt Brazilian Bravado, Lovechop,

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

question mark

I was going to point out the same thing but then the world turned black and white and I was watching alliance vs kabuum again

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Monathin posted:

i feel you. but dream bigger - brazil knocks doublelift out in quarter finals

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Monathin posted:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

If H2K is using Freeze its a free pass for AHQ as 2nd. Freeze can be a player but hes injured and form has been awful.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Also I can't wait for Kira to rip off Huhi's head and poo poo down his neck

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

And then Huhi outteamfights him anyway with a gold disadvantage.

E: Darshan is by far the weakest CLG player.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Both Rox and EDG are probably going to go underfeated in Groups lol

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ulio posted:

And then Huhi outteamfights him anyway with a gold disadvantage.

E: Darshan is by far the weakest CLG player.

Oh, this must be that ironically incorrect thing I keep hearing about.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
http://pickem.euw.lolesports.com/en-GB#welcome

post your pickems lads

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ulio posted:

I think C9 actually has a chance of making it out even better than TSM. FW/IMAY are very weak early game and Impact is better than both MMD/Amazingj.

yeah no i agree with this now to the point where I think C9 and TSM are both capable of getting out of their groups. Instant reactions are super bad.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'm kind of new to watching the Worlds Scene, but TSM would almost be a lock if they were the tier 1 in group A, B, or C wouldn't they?

EDIT: er, I guess the groups would be different, cause they can't be with CLG or C9, but hypothetically...

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

I'm kind of new to watching the Worlds Scene, but TSM would almost be a lock if they were the tier 1 in group A, B, or C wouldn't they?

not if SKT or G2 was in their group

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Instant reaction: all western teams lose, all eastern teams win

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Join this pool:
http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/2460/leaderboards/list/invite/wcWZZqkySYLEfCovBhec/218078

Post your picks

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

exethan posted:

not if SKT or G2 was in their group

A lock to just get out of groups I mean. I worded that badly.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Stickin' to my guns here, let's see how wrong I'm gonna be.

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/3167909/my-picks

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Captain Lavender posted:

A lock to just get out of groups I mean. I worded that badly.

They have a really good chance of getting out of D, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I added some of the worlds stuff to the OP.

• Locked thread