Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

I believe in Bronzil.

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/144848/my-picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Monathin posted:

Stickin' to my guns here, let's see how wrong I'm gonna be.

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/3167909/my-picks

Pretty good from my opinion but I don't know about RNG #1 even in interviews MLXG said they have had a really poor split scrimwise and improvement wise.

I am love the lpl EDG has probably the best chance of going far. The other two will struggle to make it out of groups.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Can't wait to hear how unfair the group draw was once TSM fails to get out.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

henkman posted:

I don't know poo poo about IM but I don't think B is impossible for c9 to get out of

Here's what you need to know: AmazingJ cried like it was the happiest day of his life when IM qualified for worlds. They had better make it out of groups.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Why are folks rating FW so high in their group?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Typical Pubbie posted:

this forum kinda over rates lms i think. FW are decent though, that group is hard to choose

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Typical Pubbie posted:

FW have a pretty high winrate against Korean teams iirc

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

No Montecristo I guess since he wasn't in the facebook analyst desk thing. I am guessing no LCK casters at all. I was hoping for a off chance DoA comes.

Also Forgiven still not confirmed for H2K. Apparently Freeze tweeted a pic of him flying somewhere maybe just trolling.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Episode 2 of the series that Riot is using to hype world's by showcasing players features WildTurtle, another player not actually going to World's :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ulio posted:

No Montecristo I guess since he wasn't in the facebook analyst desk thing. I am guessing no LCK casters at all. I was hoping for a off chance DoA comes.

Also Forgiven still not confirmed for H2K. Apparently Freeze tweeted a pic of him flying somewhere maybe just trolling.

There will never, ever, be LCK casters at riot events after MSI earlier this year.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

RealFoxy posted:

Episode 2 of the series that Riot is using to hype world's by showcasing players features WildTurtle, another player not actually going to World's :v:

How loving dumb is it of Riot to produce video content of teams and players before they qualify. I mean they have like 4 weeks between the final qualification and worlds starting, why make hype content for fringe regional teams that end up losing when you could have just started making content of the teams who won their regions first?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Hot takes rolling in

https://twitter.com/Thooorin/status/774674907007418368

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Thoorin is retarded

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

hot take: thorin's fuckin dumb

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Libertine posted:

How loving dumb is it of Riot to produce video content of teams and players before they qualify. I mean they have like 4 weeks between the final qualification and worlds starting, why make hype content for fringe regional teams that end up losing when you could have just started making content of the teams who won their regions first?

Riot being stupid? What are the odds of that?! (100%)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Thorin is a literal broken clock except instead of never chiming and making no noise and you never notice how broken it is except for those exceptionally rare moments where you go out of your way to set it up so its right it keeps chiming in a loud shrill tone over and over and over and over always wrong except for that one rare moment when it chimes right but its so hard to notice because of all the other noise it makes

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Thooorin with a great opinion as usual and objectively correct. Not

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

H2K just tweeted confirming Forgiven as their adc. I like me some Draven but thank god we don't see H2K with Freeze. Even though Jankos carried playoffs gauntlet they play way better with Forgiven.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

my picks are real real dumb

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/3188052/my-picks

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i know thorin doesn't know that much about the game in particular but that tweet is totally ???????

i don't understand how you can think that on any level

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey can i take back what i said earlier about piece of poo poo gamers? i didnt realize greatest player to ever play league of legends Weixiao was one of them

scarra is still a beautiful angel tho

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Every time I see "Weixiao" I think of XWX, who was corrupted by the darkness of American capitalism into Elo boosting. Is he up to anything these days?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
hahahahah TSM's group

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

Thorin is a literal broken clock except instead of never chiming and making no noise and you never notice how broken it is except for those exceptionally rare moments where you go out of your way to set it up so its right it keeps chiming in a loud shrill tone over and over and over and over always wrong except for that one rare moment when it chimes right but its so hard to notice because of all the other noise it makes

here let me summarize literally every Thorin opinion on league "NA is trash, mate. these eu teams are actually quite good, Febiven may be the greatest of all time, i haven't watched league in awhile, i am friends with monte cristo on purpose"

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/2885789/my-picks

Go ANX

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I was looking at the rosters for worlds and some of these subs are hilarious.

Tsm has Reginald as their sub... I mean if Bjergsen gets injured TSM probably have 0 chance of making it out but atleast get a relevant sub. It's possible Bjergsen gets hurt because he has tendonitis and hardcore bootcamping in Korea. You never know random poo poo can happen to a pro player like Insec breaking his leg, Svensekeren being a racist or Namei getting food poisoned in the street.

Splyce literally brought a Lee Sin one trick streamer, Gripex as their sub. I doubt they will need use him but it would be funny.

EDG have Pawn, pretty good sub might play a game vs ITZ. IM might swap between Baeme/Athena but Athena played most of the gauntlet. Don't see Cry playing for Kuro unless Azir becomes high priority.

AHQ has Chawy, he was in that documentary by Riot atleast he is at worlds right? FW have a retired player as their sub in Steak.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Kashuno posted:

There will never, ever, be LCK casters at riot events after MSI earlier this year.

What happened as MSI?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

dicks assassin posted:

What happened as MSI?

LCK casters realized they were being paid in potatoes and mousepads

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Monte wants standard industry rates for freelance work but Riot doesn't want to pay him that much. Same goes for all the other OGN casters.

It sucks because all the LCK casters are really freaking good even Achillios for a new guy is so good. I don't get to watch every LCK game but whenever I do the commentary is great. Any combo they have is better than LCS.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

firstly, steak is the only good player in a wildcard region and "retired" is just a word, secondly pawn doesn't even play league of legends.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Achilios is not good

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the casters gathered around the campfire and shared their salaries and monte got really mad and wrote dumb tweets about it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Achilios is not good

Achillios is solidly okay in a group of god tier casters

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

reminder that Thorin dislikes TSM in spite of what he says, and i would actually bet money that he couldn't name three players on either Samsung or RNG. combine that with his belief that EU is the second best region in the world and its quite obvious that Splyce should have no trouble beating a Chinese team, a Korean team that doesn't have any players on it, and TSM.

Kashuno posted:

Achillios is solidly okay in a group of god tier casters

he trips over his words a lot and like another caster that i might otherwise like (raz) he has a fairly bad voice for broadcasting. especially when you combine that with him tripping over his words

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Just my first guess, most of this is pretty obvious. Not what I'll settle on, but probably the most likely outcomes:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Will China actually manage to beat a good Korean team this year or will they just manage to barely beat Samsung 3-2 🤔

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh did korea send a good team and disqualify SKT?

edit: okay skt will forever be a good team so long as adorable boy, wolf, is on the team

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 10, 2016

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Looking like these picks are mostly non-controversial in this thread so far. I have no idea what's going to happen in Group B though http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/191977/my-picks

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

oh did korea send a good team and disqualify SKT?

edit: okay skt will forever be a good team so long as adorable boy, wolf, is on the team

SKT got an easy group they will be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

here let me summarize literally every Thorin opinion on league "NA is trash, mate. these eu teams are actually quite good, Febiven may be the greatest of all time, i haven't watched league in awhile, i am friends with monte cristo on purpose"

I'm thorin

• Locked thread