Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Grim Seekers are teleporting, iframing assholes. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who even are the grim seekers

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Who even are the grim seekers

They're a weird cult-y secret society who know about Hilder's plan to get the other Apostles killed. They're also assholes who run the Valley of the Dead to train warriors to be ready to fight some unknown threat (Carloso), and are generally weird and secretive, so most people don't believe them.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Somefool posted:

Grim Seekers can be seen as apostle worshipers and they're a bit loony.

They killed Azalea who is the current leader of the Grim Seekers because she failed to protect Luke.

I don't think there are any "good guys" in this game. Everyone is a mass murdering rear end in a top hat.

Wow, once again solidifying that the Adventurer's Guild is the best faction because their policy is "do whatever you want"

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Joined the Grim Seekers on the policy of "get swole, fight dudes".

Apostles need to exist so Arad doesn't explode. Lots of people wanting to kill the apostles and blow up Arad/restore Pandemonium means, conceptually, I get more fights.

Fite Nite

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The real Cain Raid is just a dungeon version of Town PVP where its every faction against each other.

Oh wait that actually sounds kind of cool.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
And the only people who win are loaded with Epics.

Somefool posted:

There was a Siran?

The only thing I know is Luke is dead and Vaughn took Luke's apostle essence (?) by capturing it in his ring.

I have no idea what the gently caress is going on anymore because during the scenarios, you do meet and talk with Hilder in the Luke dungeons.

Also that was Becky crying over Luke's fading body. You do talk to Becky before encountering Luke though.

Also for those wondering if choosing who you side with matters:

If you sided with the Grim Seekers, you actually do not fight Luke in scenario mode. Instead, Vaughn just backstabs and instantly kills him.

If you sided with the Adventurers or Empire, you get to fight Luke who I hear is a giant HP sponge.

when do we get to fight the God Emperor of Mankind

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 10, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Taking this straight from Jay.

The black nightmare in arad was caused by Luke because he was taking all the light from arad.

[10:44:21 AM] J: Luke: gently caress you hilder, Apostles can't kill each other so you brought this adventurer (you) to do your bidding. I have dreamt of my death and was afraid, but I have already overcome the prophecy and made a plan. I will continue to watch over Evildom (make it the happy and prosper) A new age will start along with new apostles
[10:44:35 AM] J: Dialogue changes from here depending on your faction choice.
[10:45:20 AM] J: tl;dr blame Hilder

Azeala's final words:
"Adventurers, please bear in mind... Beyond the truth... Truth... Exists... Killing Apostles will... Soon... Become the path to.... Bring extinction to the world.
Ah, my eyes seems to be shutting/closing. Adventurer... Ask Erica... and Roy for help... Find.... Soldoros and... Persuade...
Adventurer... Tera was beautiful right? Being together with you... I was.. happ-..."

[11:13:49 AM] J: Harlem is an area in Evildom and Kashipa resides there
[11:13:56 AM] J: Kashipa is basically the Kartel of Evildom

There's your ending and next part of the story.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Charles Barkley comes down from NeoNeoNew York and chaos dunks all the apostles.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'd be fine wtih a ball & chain class and a basketball av weapon for it

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

:laffo: This single piece of epic gives +450 to all stats. Amazing stat inflation for saders. I was wondering how this guy have 3000 vit and 3700 spirit.

loving christ.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Somefool posted:

:laffo: This single piece of epic gives +450 to all stats. Amazing stat inflation for saders. I was wondering how this guy have 3000 vit and 3700 spirit.

loving christ.

Give it, to me.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

fool_of_sound posted:

Give it, to me.

Not until you get a Deep-rooted or better.

Arto Gand
Apr 7, 2009

Somefool posted:

loving christ.

So, which item is that anyways?
Just some random epic, or part of a set?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Arto Gand posted:

So, which item is that anyways?
Just some random epic, or part of a set?

A non set plate piece. All 90 epic armors have a non set piece and set piece. Luke raid is supposed to add an additional set armor but god knows how long that will take to obtain.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

It's the off-set 90 plate belt.

e:f;b

I guess for content, SSTJ and Jonno are putting on roughly monthly pvp tournaments, and the first one was today and I missed it :( but here's the archived stream https://www.twitch.tv/ragingrushdown/v/88648382 Some neat matches in it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm kinda glad I don't understand anything about equip stats other than "more = better" and just stick with the scaling equipment the game gave me :v:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Hell yeah we're going to find Soldoros, can't wait to see that dude come into the spotlight. Dude's been training to fight Cain for years now.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Somefool posted:

loving christ.

I feel like this game is going to need a stat squish soon.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The Quake posted:

I feel like this game is going to need a stat squish soon.

It's more just that one piece (and maybe some other 90 cap epics, I can't be bothered to double check). A number of items already have 200+ stat points to a single stat. It would take a ton of time and effort to rebalance stats, unfortunately, because of saders. OTOH, extra stats depreciate reinforcement, which makes them a net positive imo.

Stacking special multipliers are where the problem begins. Elemental elenore, double skill damage, and the new stacking smash, mostly.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Somefool posted:

loving christ.

Curse you and your insistence on using an image site run by assholes who are too :effort: to fix it to work properly in Firefox. :argh:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Curse you and your insistence on using an image site run by assholes who are too :effort: to fix it to work properly in Firefox. :argh:

Works fine on my end. :colbert:

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Raid patch 9/27. Get ready duders.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Black Balloon posted:

Raid patch 9/27. Get ready duders.

Haha get ready.

How do you get ready for disconnects, crashes, and desyncs? Yesterday I watched 3 people crash just right before the raid ended. Those 3 completely missed out on the reward for the day. The hardest thing about raid aren't the dungeons but your computer and internet.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

e: ^^^^ So if you crash during raid that's it? You can't rejoin and you can't try to get in a new group for the day?

If we want to try and get goon raid groups is there a specific timeframe people want to aim for on whatever days?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I imagine that for the learning phase, disconnects will more likely be an amplifying issue rather than the root cause when we gently caress up.

As far as timeframe stuff, it'll be a bit touch-and-go for me since I swap bi-monthly between night and day shifts, but I should regularly be available around 5 PM eastern.

Anyone who has an interest in doing raid, start practicing stuff now in normals. And express interest here in the thread I guess. It'd be nice to have a tally of who wants to do this.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Is there a chart or something with min gear requirements for all the classes? I'm sure i need like a +10000 for ranger, what about kuno?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oXFwUpYHPPDFswdImmyw3LcZxsNOC1SFZ3rT41vfVow/htmlview?pli=1

A very rough guideline and I don't agree with all of it.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

List is extremely outdated and I wouldn't bother because that list didn't factor in all the current balance changes. Raid is technically much easier now due to most classes not sucking rear end compared to an year ago.

Gear wise, you're looking for either 9pc chrons + good weapon or various legendaries. If you're rocking full Gracia or Sea God, you're pretty much set.

Full epic gear is when you want to blow everything up in 1 turn. I would advise everyone to learn the normal anton patterns where you aren't instantly blowing everything up. If you go in expecting to 2-3 turn everything, you'll be much better prepared.

edit: Just to give a general idea as to how much easier raid has gotten, when I first started raiding, it would take roughly 45-50 minutes per raid. Nowadays its under 30 minutes at worst and the average time is about 20 minutes.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Sep 11, 2016

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Yeah anyone looking to actually raid shouldn't get used to normal runs with me. You won't learn poo poo by watching me one-cycle or otherwise vaporize every boss. Join the non-carry runs when they form. If you're feelin really frisky, run it with neither a carry nor a sader.

Learn boss iframes, learn to use your holds, learn how not to kill your party, and learn to avoid at the very least any attacks that will instantly wreck your poo poo or heal the boss.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey, if you were an established player who took out Nihilistic Demon Stones or other stuff from the guild chest for your Level Maketh Man character or Lancer; please contribute something back. The chest donations have overwhelmingly come from about 6 players, and now we're out of stones for newbies who don't have the resources to get 70 stones or so in Ghent.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
Quick dumb question, all those trash epics from the epic road event, since they can't be diassembled, they should just be vendored for some gold, right?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Revdomezehis posted:

Quick dumb question, all those trash epics from the epic road event, since they can't be diassembled, they should just be vendored for some gold, right?

Yup. Though you might want to hold on to good ones you can't use, just in case we get another epic transfer stone at some point.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Revdomezehis posted:

I think you can use the epic transfer stone on them if you still have that from the previous event.

You can also transfer them later IF they implement the new transfer system in the future but it's extremely costly and not worth it for low level epics.

Basically sell them.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Sent a guild request.

Popped back in, havent played much since the open beta. Leveling seems a lot better than before, enjoying the classes ive been playing so far.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Finally went back to this game. It's just as fun as I remembered. I sent a guild join request.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Leveling is slowing down a little bit at 65. How bad is the final push? I've been saving my EXP capsules as best I can so hopefully it'll go relatively smooth.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

Leveling is slowing down a little bit at 65. How bad is the final push? I've been saving my EXP capsules as best I can so hopefully it'll go relatively smooth.

It speeds up again once you make your way through Iced Wall/Ghent/Oceanic Express. It's pretty smooth sailing from 73-83, then the last push a small chore; the work of a couple days.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

55~70 is rather slow. If you skipped the 55~63 scenarios at level 64, you end up at around level 68 when you finish all the Oceanic scenarios. I would blow exp capsules the moment hit 68-69 and you get an epic quest that wants you to craft 200 iron scraps. That's more or less the end of the Oceanic scenarios.

70+ is extremely fast. You probably don't need to capsule until 82+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I love how the Raid Potion we got is going to expire on the update that adds the Anton raid. It's not surprising at all but it's still funny.