Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

https://twitter.com/PartyPalPicks/status/774380104923303936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
Punk looked like such a tough guy up there. He's in Micky's head now.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Serious case of Corbin tummy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rigel the 16th Lookin rear end Chest

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Is it typical to not shake someone's hand at the weigh in?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RagingHematoma posted:

It can be replaced by a kiss sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo2oMBADrOE&t=280s

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

RagingHematoma posted:

It isn't unusual but most guys do. Yves Edwards was the master of weigh in staredowns though.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Punks been showing quite a bit of disdain for Mickey going back to their press conference yesterday as well.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It isn't unusual but most guys do. Yves Edwards was the master of weigh in staredowns though.

Best weigh-in tactic is to share snacks

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'd be pretty shocked if punk wasn't getting some sort of compensation based on ppv buys. But that's just me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ty1990 posted:

I'd be pretty shocked if punk wasn't getting some sort of compensation based on ppv buys. But that's just me.

i thought this as well, but now that i think about it the 'general population' buzz for cm punk's fight is nowhere near that of a brock lesnar fight. if they do close to a milli ppv's and punk isn't getting a taste i'd be asking why, but i'd say this feels like a 5-600k, or a heavyweight title fight + a mildly fascinating oddity

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Best weigh-in tactic is to share snacks

*snack pics*

Silly staredowns are the best

What better way to get into an opponents head then offer them snacks or hugs

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
My guess would be he has PPV points only for main/co-main fights. It scales appropriately that way in that his debut fight doesn't pay and if he loses, then he's surely not getting main/co-main anyway. If he wins then they can gauge the reaction and interest level and make a match accordingly. If there's enough potential buys then they'll put him high on the card (guaranteeing more promotion work out of him) with a piece of PPV in return.

As far as salary it will be interesting but I see him in six figures both show & fight.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

WWE sells ring-used gear for charity on auction on their website

Most stuff goes for pretty cheap but two creepy guys who will literally get into bidding wars over Paige's stuff for thousands of dollars

We're pretty sure one or both of them are Rovert.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Liquid Communism posted:

We're pretty sure one or both of them are Rovert.

Nah, they're both from Qatar, I think.

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.

RagingHematoma posted:

Punk also said during the press conference that it is never too late to start and if you think so he's "sorry your dreams are so small". Most 37 year old MMA fans do not have the ability to quit their full time job, immerse themselves in MMA for 2 years, get a spot on a UFC PPV and pay to be trained at the level he's been trained at.

"Don't work yourself into a shoot brother" -HH

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Silly staredowns are the best

What better way to get into an opponents head then offer them snacks or hugs

protienshakes.gif

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's been a hell of a ride, friends. 644 days and 126 pages of fights, screams, laughs, bans, probations, and times both good and bad. At long last we've made it

Tonight is the night

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

lmao when CM Punk throws his back out getting out of the car on the way to the event and cant compete tonight.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chris James 2 posted:

It's been a hell of a ride, friends. 644 days and 126 pages of fights, screams, laughs, bans, probations, and times both good and bad. At long last we've made it

Tonight is the night
Bright lights, hype crowd

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

super macho dude posted:

lmao when CM Punk throws his back out getting out of the car on the way to the event and cant compete tonight.

Nah he'll step into the cage. I'll give the man credit. It takes something special to be willing to stand across from a man ready to (and very likely to) beat the hell out of you. He's got loving guts if nothing else.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

We did it boys.

Thank god Punk wasn't in that elevator.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I can't wait for CM Punk to land a flying Randy Savage Elbow on Mickey Gall's chest caving it in and winning by pro wrestling fighting style.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Punk's Savage elbow drop was worse than his striking.

And I say this as a fan.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

It's amazing how the mastermind Charles Montgomery punk has worked the entire mma community into a shoot. I put $640 on a punk 1st round ok.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RagingHematoma posted:

It's amazing how the mastermind Charles Montgomery punk has worked the entire mma community into a shoot. I put $640 on a punk 1st round ok.

Sure you did

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

RagingHematoma posted:

Your gimmick is loving lame

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Looking forward to a nice short fight gif.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Only bet I would have taken is that Final Fantasy XV comes out before CM Punk fights, and I'm glad I didn't.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bluedeanie posted:

Hello wrestle friends, enjoy this GDT from me to you. May you all find enlightenment.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3789373

Prelims will be starting in about 15 minutes for those of you with Fight Pass. :getin:

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
MVP hopes CM Punk wins so all you hating motherfuckers will suck his dick. Also Colt doesn't seem to have any ill will despite the apparent falling out.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/what-do-fellow-pro-wrestlers-think-of-cm-punks-debut-tonight-at-ufc-203

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
in my opinion, cm punk is

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Feels like it was just yesterday when Punk debuted in ECW, clowning on Shannon Moore. :allears:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

nooneofconsequence posted:

Feels like it was just yesterday when Punk debuted in ECW, clowning on Shannon Moore. :allears:

He was the Prince of Punk and he was bringing sexy back. :smith:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WU5-cNTXd1M

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I love Punk's Cobra logo tattoo, has he ever cut a promo "This one's for Cobra Commander! Cobraaaaaa", I doubt it but would be cool if he did!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

MacDougall posted:

MVP hopes CM Punk wins so all you hating motherfuckers will suck his dick. Also Colt doesn't seem to have any ill will despite the apparent falling out.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/what-do-fellow-pro-wrestlers-think-of-cm-punks-debut-tonight-at-ufc-203

That's because Colt is a cool dude and I'm pretty sure the falling out was bullshit anyway.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

much like many other Cobra members, he got murdered by the Rock, clear homage there

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm rooting for Punk to win, personally!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Regrettable posted:

That's because Colt is a cool dude and I'm pretty sure the falling out was bullshit anyway.

Yeah, hopefully this doesn't cause a big rift between them, I like friends to stay friends. I can see where Colt thought it was no big deal to visit backstage, and how Punk can think it'll hurt their defense. If nothing else, once the lawsuit is finally behind them (and somehow that's not going to trial until 2018, gotta love our court system) they'll probably mend whatever broken fences they may have.

I'm also hoping for Punk to win via submission in round 2, though I'm too broke and have too little access to sports betting to bet it. I'm sure I'd have great odds too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I hope Punk wins with his secondary finisher The Anaconda ViceŽ

• Locked thread