Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That sounds like something he should say after a 25 killstreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Mikey-San posted:

oh my god there's new shaxx audio for a ten-kill streak and it's ludicrous

https://youtu.be/nEZcHLIns-k

Shaxx just ripping a fat fist of havoc in the tower HQ. Robot obliterated, Eris standing by for resurrection.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

ErIs doesn't have a ghost, she lost it in her time on the moon you GODDAMN NOOB

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I was trying to finish the Mountaintop quest solo and lost a game of control where shaxx yelled "THIS IS WHY WE HAVE FIRETEAMS, GUARDIAN"

Well gently caress you too, Shaxx!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's actually quite frightening the first time you hear it. The Unsung Hero one will probably get annoying.

There's an unsung hero one? gently caress, I'm in the top 1% for assists. Is it at least a cool quote?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's actually quite frightening the first time you hear it. The Unsung Hero one will probably get annoying.

Yeah the unsung hero one is loving killing me already.

Also i have that lovely Paul Mcarnty song stuck in my head now. loving assholes.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

There's an unsung hero one? gently caress, I'm in the top 1% for assists. Is it at least a cool quote?

No its really lovely. Surprise!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Also Shaxx says territory in a British accent in control

Is that grainy things fixed? My eyes are in pain after playing, not sure if it's because of that or because I haven't played in several weeks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

actionjackson posted:

Also Shaxx says territory in a British accent in control

Is that grainy things fixed? My eyes are in pain after playing, not sure if it's because of that or because I haven't played in several weeks

quote:

Visual "Film Grain" Effect
We are aware of player reports of this issue and are investigating.

Ten bucks someone shipped the wrong version of a shader.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Not sure what there is to investigate.

"We heard from players they are getting an unintended film grain effect, we're not actually sure if it's true cause we don't play our game"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is anyone not seeing the film grain?

They aren't going to post a final explanation until they know exactly what happened (i.e. gathered a bunch of internal information that we're never going to see about how their process failed).

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have no grain

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mikey-San posted:

oh my god there's new shaxx audio for a ten-kill streak and it's ludicrous

https://youtu.be/nEZcHLIns-k

I loving love it

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah the unsung hero one is loving killing me already.

Also i have that lovely Paul Mcarnty song stuck in my head now. loving assholes.

At least they don't play it when you get "We Ran Out of Medals"

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Update about the nerf to shoulder charge
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/212706586

quote:

2.4.0 Patch Notes Update

Update 2.4.0 was deployed on 09/08/2016. Since then, like we do, we've been monitoring its performance. Making changes to a Live game is complicated, especially when a lot of those changes are not scheduled to go live until a later date. For a full list of known issues, DPS has a thread tracking them here. If you have found any other bugs, or parts of the game not behaving the way they should, make a post here.
There was an intended change that went out in 2.4.0 that was inadvertently left out of the patch notes. The change in question affects Shoulder Charge and its related exotic armor MK 44 Stand Asides:
- Time to charge Shoulder Charge has been slightly increased. (+1 second)
- Shoulder Charge attack speed and target tracking has been slightly reduced.
- The activation window for Shoulder Charge when using MK44 Stand Asides has been reduced (-4 seconds)

I spoke with the Sandbox team and they informed me that the combination of Shoulder Charge with the new Memory of Jolder Artifact in Rise of Iron was an excessively deadly combination that needed a little tuning. They also had this to say regarding “stealth nerfs”:
“Sandbox will never intentionally make “stealth nerfs”, the community would find them immediately regardless, so that would be silly. In this case, that specific change list didn’t have the #patchnotes tag we use to track balance changes during development. It was a mistake, and in the chaos that precedes release to the world it was missed in review. Apologies.”
We will get the Patch Notes updated on Monday. We also forgot to give you some good news about Banshee 44 selling Armor Materials.
tl;dr: shoulder charge + no sprint cooldown artifact = gamebreaking so it got nerfed.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Also people are going on about how you can get exotics from blues now. Am I crazy or wasn't that always possible, just super super rare?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love how reddit is all "Titans are the most hated class :*("

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roman posted:

Also people are going on about how you can get exotics from blues now. Am I crazy or wasn't that always possible, just super super rare?

Never heard of that happening before, may be new/bug.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Roman posted:

Update about the nerf to shoulder charge
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/212706586

tl;dr: shoulder charge + no sprint cooldown artifact = gamebreaking so it got nerfed.

Databases are hard guys.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This has been debated endlessly but I'm glad you, the player who rarely plays crucible, gets relatively lag free lobbies and gets to feel good about yourself while I, a player who frequently plays crucible, gets to experience laggy 1.0 matches playing people as good as or better than me who depending on the match may have red bar powers.

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Sorry my 1st place tears drip down on you that has to be freaking annoying

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ularg posted:

I love how reddit is all "Titans are the most hated class :*("

Titans are just butthurt cause their No Backup Remote combo has been ruined.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Roman posted:

Back in Y1, I got a couple of exotics from blue engrams. Never saw it happen in Y2, though.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lmao the attack time nerf to Shoulder Charge is basically perk breaking, I thought I was really loving laggy or something, losing punch fights to normal melees

Lick my drat balls Bungie

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TaurusOxford posted:

Titans are just butthurt cause their No Backup Remote combo has been ruined.

Thing is, Increased Control is just TOO GOOD. I basically never use anything else. The only time I ever use Increased Height is to reach a Ghost or something. And no one uses Catapult. What Bungie needs to do is change Catapult to be the "Titan Skating" option that gives no real height gain, then just have Control be the middle ground of the two.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Well I was just getting stomped on by a guy using Dreg's Promise so I broke mine out

It is actually pretty goddamn alright now

Not like the best ever but you can actually kill people with it now

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Goddamn the trespasser is a load of fun.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

OK just had a really good round DPing all the shotgunners

It might be... ... Good?????

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Also maybe it wasn't part of the projectile-sidearm nerf.

Or you're just gud

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Everyone, including Bungie, hates Titans. It is now fact.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Reddit/Bungie.net are all a buncha whiny babies, Titans were poo poo for soooo long, especially once Warlocks got The Ram while Hunters ruled the roost for like a year and a half. Losing out/trading Shoulder Charge to regular melee is always gonna be some bullshit. I was looking forward to going back to my Titan for RoI for Shoulder Charge shenanigans like from launch.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Don't play much rumble these days so I'd thought I'd upload this: https://youtu.be/1jyJYs2IcHg

That back spot on timekeeper is the best by far

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Counterpoint: shoulder charge is funny but dumb and has no place in games if we are gonna have to deal with severe sbmm

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Counterpoint: shoulder charge is funny but dumb and has no place in games if we are gonna have to deal with severe sbmm

I agree, it makes for a real bad mechanic with Bungie's horrible match making and them not giving two shits about red bar cheaters. However, it's also just really fun when you don't give a poo poo about k/d or anything and just want to smash some dudes and get a good run going.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

CheeseFactory posted:

Don't play much rumble these days so I'd thought I'd upload this: https://youtu.be/1jyJYs2IcHg

That back spot on timekeeper is the best by far

I liked the "Noooope" you did with the Sun Breaker

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Still laffin at this shoulder charge nerf. Why couldn't h they have just made the sprint cooldown artifact also make SC take two seconds longer to activate or something

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
While never becoming full-time addicted to Destiny, I enjoyed it for a while. Then I played other games. Then The Taken King came out and I played that. And it was good. Then I stopped.

Finding myself tempted with Rise. Will I be lost or otherwise underleveled? Has much changed about the game in 6-8 months?

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

deadwing posted:

Well I was just getting stomped on by a guy using Dreg's Promise so I broke mine out

It is actually pretty goddamn alright now

Not like the best ever but you can actually kill people with it now

Yeah I just finished my moments of triumph with Dregs Promise as my "primary" only lost one round and was the top of my team each game.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=5454055444&characterId=2305843009217471043

Only void warlocks and Tether hunters were able to take me down, pretty fun when you stay on top.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Hahaha just had a 30 kill game + Reign of Terror with the fuckin Dregs Promise I swear this poo poo is too much fun

Give it a try :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
http://i.imgur.com/Ypm0gms.gifv

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 11, 2016

• Locked thread