Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007

Hit first, hit hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Nuebot posted:

Know what makes video game reviews even better? Some services, like Steam, let you change your feedback. So, say a developer like Wild Card. Guys who made ARK, a fairly popular and fun game people liked, make a lovely choice and release some dumb DLC for an early access game? Nerds get mad and the game goes from overwhelmingly positive to mostly negative in like a week.

I don't have a problem with a review being updated to more accurately update the current state of the product.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

Justin Trudeau can throw a punch.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

flosofl posted:

Yeah, for all his saying it doesn't bother him, I think it really bothers him.

The manchild doth protest too much

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

He who throws the first punch, often throws the last.

I guess Nathan Fillion had to do something after Firefly.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

quote:

Ray-Ray McCloud's 74-yard punt return went to waste after the Clemson returner dropped the football prior to crossing the goal line, handing possession back over to Troy with a touchback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWeqnsaJIFg&t=6s

How is "Don't celebrate until you've actually accomplished the thing you're trying to accomplish" not something people just inherently understand?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Nuebot posted:

Know what makes video game reviews even better? Some services, like Steam, let you change your feedback. So, say a developer like Wild Card. Guys who made ARK, a fairly popular and fun game people liked, make a lovely choice and release some dumb DLC for an early access game? Nerds get mad and the game goes from overwhelmingly positive to mostly negative in like a week.
Steam also doesn't do any of this incremental point bullshit, it's either thumbs up or down. Not only that, you can see recent reviews in their own separate category.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I like how on repeat watches, you can actually see the point where he begins to lean back and prepare to throw the punch. I've always wondered about how fighters had such fast reflexes, but I'm pretty sure they're looking for stuff like that.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Hihohe posted:

The manchild doth protest too much

I wonder if M-W lists "butthurt" in their dictionary?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nitrox posted:

Steam also doesn't do any of this incremental point bullshit, it's either thumbs up or down. Not only that, you can see recent reviews in their own separate category.

I like the way places like Amazon or Newegg do reviews, where the scores are broken down into a histogram. It says a lot more than just the mean score.

In a case like this, there might be a strong bimodal distribution, with a lot of 5s, but also a lot of 1s. Then I would take a look at some 1 reviews and see if they had some valid criticism.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Phanatic posted:

How is "Don't celebrate until you've actually accomplished the thing you're trying to accomplish" not something people just inherently understand?

But if you drop the football right when you cross the goal line it looks really cool! :downs:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

If anyone's wondering what happened here, this guy decided to kiss a cottonmouth, which is a venemous snake.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dude got swole.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

-Troika- posted:

If anyone's wondering what happened here, this guy decided to kiss a cottonmouth, which is a venemous snake.

It's also the type of snake you have to actively try to make want to bite you. Making the snake think you're attempting to eat it should do the trick.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/773490551333134336

(it's worth looking at the preceding tweets in that conversation.)

Turns out M-W lays down some sick burns to their competitors, too.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3vrb7ZHeT8

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Phanatic posted:

These will never not be funny to me.
As a side note, that runner has got wheels like whoa

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

Gorilla Salad posted:

Turns out M-W lays down some sick burns to their competitors, too.

Merriam's puts the dic in dictionary

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Nitrox posted:

I also like how the reviews for a game show how many hours someone's played said game.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWoOc21wACM

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I would say this is the death of dignity, but I'm not sure if Part 2 of this video will show him trying to buttchug to even more hilarious circumstances.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Please don't post any more LA Beast videos. They're incredibly depressing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

OTOH post more LA Beast videos

pofcorn
May 30, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I would say this is the death of dignity, but I'm not sure if Part 2 of this video will show him trying to buttchug to even more hilarious circumstances.

This is one if his tamest videos. My personal favorite is the gallon of tabasco sauce : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKxJKXA1LxM

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqTnzSnLTjc

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Girl "accidentally" orders 500kg of chicken.
Guy "intentionally" signs the invoice accepting delivery of 500kg of chicken.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Never mind the possibility that there was a mistake on the vendor's side.

Or that it might be faked so they can ~go viral~

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah they've made a ton of 'viral' videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-LbBnefvtHpQgVKo7Edqw/videos

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Just looking at that youtube thumbnail, is that lady 7 feet tall?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

Just looking at that youtube thumbnail, is that lady 7 feet tall?

Closer things are not necessarily bigger.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

pofcorn posted:

This is one if his tamest videos. My personal favorite is the gallon of tabasco sauce : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKxJKXA1LxM

It's not about the tameness of the video, but how the humor of Beast has really shifted from amusing to sad over the last few years. Back in his really awesome days he was funny because all the bravado was a front for a guy whose common sense was just weak enough for him to do some crazy poo poo to himself in front of a camera. Nobody thinks of Beast as being mighty for chugging a bottle of tabasco sauce, we're laughing at him because he's all macho and into it right until the intro is over and he's trying to find reasons not to do it. You don't go into a Beast 'competition' to see him succeed, you go into it waiting for him to whine all the way through it even though the only one pushing him is his lack of self-esteem or common sense or intelligence. There's a sense of drawing the curtain back a little on the idea of these stunts or that there's a human being in there who knows just how foolish this all is even if they don't grasp that maybe they shouldn't. It's a perverse kind of showmanship.

But with the beer one, it's just the Beast being an rear end. The sense that he knows this is stupid is gone and replaced by someone living alone in a house hitting rock bottom. This is more Shoenice than Classic Beast, it comes off as sad. All performers evolve over time, but this doesn't even seem like performance as much as attention-seeking because he knows the 'walk across the nation' thing is something personal that has very little impetus to make it interesting. He wants to walk across the nation the fastest? Cool! But that's not the same stuff as what we have seen before. And watching him make this drill pump beer apparatus seems more like something he does to keep from dying of boredom in his spare time rather than the edited stunts he used to do. Not to mention he seems to be high a lot of the time gives this whole thing an air of pathetic desperation that really isn't needed. I suppose the schaden that could be grasped from this now is that Beast is either going to continue down this road until he hits rock bottom and we may get some freakouts, but that's very weak tea compared to the weird poo poo he used to do and have a bit more enthusiasm for that wasn't simply to get drunk/high/wasted faster.

I guess I want the lighthearted Beast back who would hurt himself. Maybe if he took off some time and recovered that would be fine, but all I see is an addict who now wants to drown his pain and thinks that showing what he does on a daily basis to do that is equal to what he did before. Which is some schaden, but it's a deeper and darker kind than watching some frat bro eating hot stuff and suffering for it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I assume if you put a mildly carbonated beverage through that drill pump you basically get CO2 froth coming out the other end.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

Closer things are not necessarily bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS12p0Zqlt0

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
For me, his worst vid will always be the one where he greases up his kitchen floor. Earning him a compound toe fracture and a trip to the hospital.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QJoTBlDfVhk

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

BrianBoitano posted:

Never mind the possibility that there was a mistake on the vendor's side.

I once ordered, and paid, for one 5.1 surround sound system and 3 turned up. About 3 months later I had a phone call from a very embarrassed sounding man asking if I had the 2 extra ones. :v:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It's not about the tameness of the video, but how the humor of Beast has really shifted from amusing to sad over the last few years. Back in his really awesome days he was funny because all the bravado was a front for a guy whose common sense was just weak enough for him to do some crazy poo poo to himself in front of a camera. Nobody thinks of Beast as being mighty for chugging a bottle of tabasco sauce, we're laughing at him because he's all macho and into it right until the intro is over and he's trying to find reasons not to do it. You don't go into a Beast 'competition' to see him succeed, you go into it waiting for him to whine all the way through it even though the only one pushing him is his lack of self-esteem or common sense or intelligence. There's a sense of drawing the curtain back a little on the idea of these stunts or that there's a human being in there who knows just how foolish this all is even if they don't grasp that maybe they shouldn't. It's a perverse kind of showmanship.

But with the beer one, it's just the Beast being an rear end. The sense that he knows this is stupid is gone and replaced by someone living alone in a house hitting rock bottom. This is more Shoenice than Classic Beast, it comes off as sad. All performers evolve over time, but this doesn't even seem like performance as much as attention-seeking because he knows the 'walk across the nation' thing is something personal that has very little impetus to make it interesting. He wants to walk across the nation the fastest? Cool! But that's not the same stuff as what we have seen before. And watching him make this drill pump beer apparatus seems more like something he does to keep from dying of boredom in his spare time rather than the edited stunts he used to do. Not to mention he seems to be high a lot of the time gives this whole thing an air of pathetic desperation that really isn't needed. I suppose the schaden that could be grasped from this now is that Beast is either going to continue down this road until he hits rock bottom and we may get some freakouts, but that's very weak tea compared to the weird poo poo he used to do and have a bit more enthusiasm for that wasn't simply to get drunk/high/wasted faster.

I guess I want the lighthearted Beast back who would hurt himself. Maybe if he took off some time and recovered that would be fine, but all I see is an addict who now wants to drown his pain and thinks that showing what he does on a daily basis to do that is equal to what he did before. Which is some schaden, but it's a deeper and darker kind than watching some frat bro eating hot stuff and suffering for it.

The early ones I saw always had him making his videos with his friends just out of shot egging him on and laughing and joshing. The later ones, he's all by himself.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ak Gara posted:

I once ordered, and paid, for one 5.1 surround sound system and 3 turned up. About 3 months later I had a phone call from a very embarrassed sounding man asking if I had the 2 extra ones. :v:

I love a good ordering gently caress up story.

I once ordered a box of books for my university student club and got said box of books and a box of really good quality soldering irons. I emailed the place about it and they said they had no record of it. I ordered several more times from them over the next few years and they never mentioned it.

I couldn't give them away because almost no one knows how to solder and had no use for them. There's one in my shed and as far as I know the rest of them are still in the earth sciences office, gathering dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Memento posted:

I love a good ordering gently caress up story.

I once ordered a box of books for my university student club and got said box of books and a box of really good quality soldering irons. I emailed the place about it and they said they had no record of it. I ordered several more times from them over the next few years and they never mentioned it.

I couldn't give them away because almost no one knows how to solder and had no use for them. There's one in my shed and as far as I know the rest of them are still in the earth sciences office, gathering dust.

What, does your school not have electrical engineering or something?