Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive read that somewhere yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah there's multiple versions of the album mastering because it had leaked a couple of times and Kanye kept putting out different versions and poo poo. Very annoying

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Since people seem to enjoy reading my first impressions of Kanye Albums, I'll share my brief thoughts on my first listen of Life of Pablo.

I liked it. It was definitely a retreat away from Yeezus's brash, in your face sound and attitude. Very pleasant to listen to. Not as daring as his previous work, though, nor as exciting. It's a fantastic album by normal standards, but I think won't be remembered as a standout when Kanye's catalogue is completed.

The only Kanye solo album I have yet to listen to is Graduation. I think I want to save it for later. I also haven't listened to Watch the Throne, but that's a different beast.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

What did you think of the lovely Chris Rock interlude on "Blame Game"?

I always forget about it somehow.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I thought it was hilarious and almost went on too long and then the girl says "Yeezy upholstered my pussy" and I lost it.

Chris Rock also showed up in the other album I listened to today, Nigga, Please by Ol Dirty Bastard

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Reupholstered :v:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I feel weird because MBDTF is one of my favorite albums of all time and I have never, ever noticed any of mastering issues people have with it

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

I feel weird because MBDTF is one of my favorite albums of all time and I have never, ever noticed any of mastering issues people have with it

Have you listened to it exclusively on earbuds that have accidentally run through the wash once or twice?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it isnt a mastering issue. it is a static poppy sound kind of like vinyl almost that was added to the mix. it's harder to notice if you havent ever heard earlier versions without it.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

blue squares posted:

Have you listened to it exclusively on earbuds that have accidentally run through the wash once or twice?

I'm the same as HorseRenoir, and have never heard the crackle. Blue squares, like everyone else I find it really interesting reading your first listens of hip hop albums. Also, the post I quoted would be a good nomination for a thread title change.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

thathonkey posted:

it isnt a mastering issue. it is a static poppy sound kind of like vinyl almost that was added to the mix. it's harder to notice if you havent ever heard earlier versions without it.

yeah I wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to listen to the premasters

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I've never heard the crackle. But I've never listened to MBDTF. I should fix that soon.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I've also never heard the crackle, and I'm very thankful for it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

when you listen to the first second of this, what do you hear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTBI51JmnF8

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Goddamn that's a good song.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

blue squares posted:

when you listen to the first second of this, what do you hear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTBI51JmnF8
oh yeah that's super noticeable now that I'm listening for it.

I'll never forgive you for this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've never been bothered by the crackle, as it always seemed intentional to me. On the vinyl you don't even notice :v:

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Well, the vinyl pops are obvious there and intentional and stop after four seconds.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

bows1 posted:

Goddamn that's a good song.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

JackBobby posted:

Throwback is in the old America's Pub space right? That place had its own issues with dog whistles and controversy.

I live in Westport but I haven't checked out Throwback yet. I've heard it's like Up Down but chiller.

so apparently some dude just opened up on people outside of Throwback last night and hit six including a friend of mine. the gently caress?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Now go listen to See Me Now and focus on the guitar riff, it's all you'll ever hear again while listening to that song.

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Criminal Minded posted:

so apparently some dude just opened up on people outside of Throwback last night and hit six including a friend of mine. the gently caress?

drat man. i heard about that. sorry to hear your friend got hurt. hopefully he's recovering?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

JackBobby posted:

drat man. i heard about that. sorry to hear your friend got hurt. hopefully he's recovering?

yeah afaik he's out of the woods now though obviously still recovering. from what I've heard he should bounce back all the way. bullet went into his back and into his lung, collapsing it. missed his heart by inches. I'm gonna try and go visit with a friend or two soon. I had actually seen him that previous Sunday at the same bar.

between that, the Shawnee Mission Pkwy shooting and that Kylr dude I don't know what the hell is going on in KC.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Criminal Minded posted:

yeah afaik he's out of the woods now though obviously still recovering. from what I've heard he should bounce back all the way. bullet went into his back and into his lung, collapsing it. missed his heart by inches. I'm gonna try and go visit with a friend or two soon. I had actually seen him that previous Sunday at the same bar.

between that, the Shawnee Mission Pkwy shooting and that Kylr dude I don't know what the hell is going on in KC.

oh poo poo thats crazy. Your original post made me think it was minor

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I copped tickets to see Ye on Wednesday. I'm probably getting there around 6, but what time has he usually started? I heard 10pm from some random concert reviews I looked up.

E: GA tickets. the mosh pit is gonna be so much fun

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 18, 2016

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Kanye made a surprise appearance at Chance's chicago festival today with at least Father Stretch My Hands and Ultralight Beam with Chance

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 24, 2016

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I hate you guys who are listening to MBDTF for the first time. It's still my favourite album of all time across any genre. Though TLOP is honestly STILL growing even more on me after god knows how many play-throughs. It's messy as gently caress but when it's on, it's so good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't dislike any of Pablo but I'm not sure I'll have any special interest in listening to any part of it ever again

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
he knows...
What happened to the Kanye album he was hyping to come out this summer?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

iirc it's supposed to be fall/winter since TLOP got released late DLC

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's going to be a cruel winter

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
I'm really hoping we don't get the usual litany of name changes and we actually get Turbo Graphix 16.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Ultraklystron posted:

I'm really hoping we don't get the usual litany of name changes and we actually get Turbo Graphix 16.

Good rear end Job

Also, So Help Me God is probably the best name he's ended up not using

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hasn't Chance officially taken Good rear end Job for his next project now

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man "So Help Me God" was such a loving good album title.

I heard that title and was instantly hype.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
swish

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Swift.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ok yeah. If he named his next Swift it would be amaaaaazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Yes this please. Picture of Tay on the cover

• Locked thread