Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

oh my god we did it its here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
that was too quick

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
yeah, no poo poo CM Punk lost.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
CM Punk retires from UFC

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

His UFC record is still better than Sting's WWE record.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

mickey gall is a significantly better promo than cm punk

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Look in my eyes
What do you see
Got choked out in under 3

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I think Phil Brooks is as gay as the next guy but holy moly good for him even going through with this.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

His UFC record is still better than Sting's WWE record.

Sting won 2 matches.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah you have to give him credit for going through with it all. Not exactly a hard day at the office for either of them.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
There will probably be no better moment to close this thread than now after that. Maybe with a final animated gif of that tap.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

exploding mummy posted:

Sting won 2 matches.

Really? Thought he got cucked at mania and NOC and that was it.

Edit: *c*ucked is filtered!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Memento posted:

Yeah you have to give him credit for going through with it all. Not exactly a hard day at the office for either of them.

gently caress that I didn't give james toney credit for fighting randy couture and this dork isn't any different. this poo poo is hard and just cause you like rolling with Rener Gracie every other month doesn't mean you should fight in the UFC.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
punk is very brave for making his money elsewhere and getting his online bjj certificate

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

see you at new york comic con punk

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/TheBlacktastic/status/774811002231623684

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
almost all the gleeful punk trolling in this and the gameday thread is wrestling fans

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DannoMack posted:

almost all the gleeful punk trolling in this and the gameday thread is wrestling fans
We are almost as petty as Vince and HHH when it comes down to it

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

After careful consideration I no longer say good for Punk for making it to the octagon. He bought his way and training for two years isn't impressive when 95% of the posters on this board would do the same if they had the money and fame to do what Punk just did.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

MotU posted:

punk is very brave for making his money elsewhere and getting his online bjj certificate

He could've made a poo poo load of money fake wrestling in the indies but instead tried UFC where he knew he'd probably get his poo poo pushed in

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

DannoMack posted:

It's got to hurt some people to know that he seemingly enjoys getting the poo poo kicked out of them more than the thought of wrestling for them ever again.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i love that Punk took three minutes out of his life to get choked out and then went straight back to "believe in yourself, dreamhaver" speeches to Rogan

if you truly believe, you can fail to achieve anything you want to

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

He could've made a poo poo load of money fake wrestling in the indies but instead tried UFC where he knew he'd probably get his poo poo pushed in

He already had enough money from WWE to not work the rest of his life. This was basically Dana White granting a Make-a-wish.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's got to hurt some people to know that he seemingly enjoys getting the poo poo kicked out of them more than the thought of wrestling for them ever again.

I love it and hope he remains the UFC's punching bag for a while. He apparently likes it and it's funny to watch a real life Glass Joe.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Looking forward to his meltdown over this. Maybe on Twitter.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
If CM Punk ends up being a jobber in the UFC I'll be happy tbh.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
yall need to familiarize yourself with the writings of dr carol dweck

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Ty1990 posted:

made a poo poo load of money

Ty1990 posted:

wrestling in the indies

yeah nah mate

independent wrestling in 2016 pays gas money, he made far more for a couple of minutes work tonight than a year working anywhere except maybe Japan

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

FullLeatherJacket posted:

yeah nah mate

independent wrestling in 2016 pays gas money, he made far more for a couple of minutes work tonight than a year working anywhere except maybe Japan

Lol if you think this is true

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Burt Buckle posted:

He already had enough money from WWE to not work the rest of his life. This was basically Dana White granting a Make-a-wish.

That's basically the point though. He didn't need to do this.

Trust me I'm not defending punk and I really don't follow WWE. He's a oval office. But at the least I think he deserves a golf clap for even trying what he did tonight.

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 11, 2016

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

i love that Punk took three minutes out of his life to get choked out and then went straight back to "believe in yourself, dreamhaver" speeches to Rogan

if you truly believe, you can fail to achieve anything you want to
I was very tempted to just post that Homer Simpson quote in response. You know the one.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lol if you think CM loving punk wouldn't make good money wherever. Indies would pay out the rear end to book him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

Ty1990 posted:

That's basically the point through. He didn't need to do this.

Trust me I'm not defending punk and I really don't follow WWE. He's a oval office. But at the least I think he deserves a golf clap for even trying what he did tonight.

Pay for my training and book me for ufc 210 and I'll do the same. As would you and most 18-45 year old dudes.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh no!

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

astrollinthepork posted:

Pay for my training and book me for ufc 210 and I'll do the same. As would you and most 18-45 year old dudes.

I will tell you straight up right now as a 26 year old male if I had 10 million dollars or anything near that in my savings account I wouldn't take a step near the octagon.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

yeah nah mate

Go look at what AJ Styles was making between his TNA and NJPW contracts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Punk sailing a punch three feet over Gall's head as he was getting double legged ruled

• Locked thread