Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Demostrs posted:

better than having my 400lb flabs peeking out you loving autist

yo, learn my pronouns: tism/tisms/tismself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
The glock burst is usually the wrong choice, but when it works you'll feel great

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

exethan posted:

dig needs to replace MSL

did you mean gold master

No I was once a legendary eagle or whatever duo queueing and now get owned so hard I Get angry in the new GN2.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Quote aint edit

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Dork457 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2zhVmC86Q

It's rare that I run up against this blatant of a hacker. Good news, he's in 4 SA goon steam groups!

Whats the music?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Whats the music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E[

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ozmiander posted:

maybe your fedora was peeking past the corners???

quoting this friggin epic post so i can find a pic i posted here

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

y'know, rap rock is real funny until you remember there was zero irony involved.

then it's funnier.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Dongicus posted:

quoting this friggin epic post so i can find a pic i posted here

please don't oversell my posts

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Faffel posted:

No I was once a legendary eagle or whatever duo queueing and now get owned so hard I Get angry in the new GN2.

you wrote GE and i was confused initially, thinking you meant global elite

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

exethan posted:

you wrote GE and i was confused initially, thinking you meant global elite

Phone posting eats the poopoo

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Random question: What match do you guys consider the greatest matchup between two teams?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HATTAM posted:

Random question: What match do you guys consider the greatest matchup between two teams?
Like, ever?

First match I can think of is NaVi vs. LG/SK on Overpass at Katowice 2016, but I've only been watching pro CS since early 2015 so I can really only speak for matches since Katowice 2015. There's also Fnatic vs. Liquid on Cache at Cologne 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

HATTAM posted:

Which definition do you mean? A pairing or a match?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

Which definition do you mean? A pairing or a match?
Oh, well if he means pairings, then probably SK and NaVi right now.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Whenever Fnatic and Godsent meet for the first time.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Elman posted:

Is the glock really terrible or should I just get good?

It has really bad damage, accuracy and range compared to the CT pistols and of course its burst fire is 100% useless. As far as I can tell the only thing it's got going for it is higher ammo count.

It's meant to be spammed as you sprint in under their USPs. CTs are great at long and mid range if they can headshot, but headshots are much harder if they have an angry swarm of glocks pressuring them.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I want a fuckin four way match between NiP, Fnatic, Epsilon and Godsent.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Sorry, I meant the greatest BO~. Not the greatest team matchup, but the best BO~ in a major tournament that the game has been played.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Here's a bunch of my favourite pro matches (in no particular order):

VG vs NIP at EMS Fall 2013, Map 2, Cache - where shox asserted his long-time dominance over NiP
NiP vs Virtus.pro at Dreamhack Winter 2014, Map 1, Nuke - One of the best Nuke games ever
NiP vs Fnatic at X-Games 2015, Map 2, Inferno - One of the best all-around bo3s ever, every map was great
NiP vs LDLC at Dreamhack Winter 2014, Map 3, Overpass - I remember the last map of the grand final being a real butt-clencher
C9 vs Dignitas at ESL Cologne 2014, Groups, Mirage - Hiko are you kidding me???
Fnatic vs EnvyUs at ESL Cologne 2015, Map 1, Dust 2 - A legendary comeback
NiP vs Fnatic at ESL Cologne 2014, Map 3, Inferno - When NiP got to win a major
NiP vs Fnatic at ESL Katowice 2015, Map 3, Inferno - Can NiP come back?
EnvyUs vs G2 at Dreamhack Cluj-Napoca, Map 2, Inferno - Will G2 do the impossible and upset EnvyUs?

Lot of NiP there now that I think about it. :sweden:

Smol fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 11, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Whenever Fnatic and Godsent meet for the first time.
I do need to ask, McVey: Are you still a Fnatic fan or did you switch to GODSENT?

Also,

mcvey posted:

I want a fuckin four way match between NiP, Fnatic, Epsilon and Godsent.
E Z D I S C O D O P L A N

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

It's probably not the game most people would pick, but SK vs. Liquid on Train in the Cologne finals is some of the most memorable CS for me. Both teams are on top form, and watching Fallen do those crazy awp pushes on CT and consistently winning, really cemented SK as the most exciting team in my mind.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

symbolic posted:

I do need to ask, McVey: Are you still a Fnatic fan or did you switch to GODSENT?
Dunno, I think Flusha is the best player in the world and it's neat seeing 4/5 of old Fnatic back together but the Olof+Dennis duo is so great to watch. I'll probably just cheer for both of them with a side of Epsilon.

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012
At what rank do NA players start using comms? I stopped playing CS for 4~5 months while in Europe because 85% of solo queue matches were me + 4 Russians. Back in the States now and I was excited to play with people I understood, only to get 3 games of near total silence with the occasional angry callout every 5th round. At least with the Russians I could make out if the other team was A or B and when there was an AVP to pick up.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

WhatDo posted:

At what rank do NA players start using comms? I stopped playing CS for 4~5 months while in Europe because 85% of solo queue matches were me + 4 Russians. Back in the States now and I was excited to play with people I understood, only to get 3 games of near total silence with the occasional angry callout every 5th round. At least with the Russians I could make out if the other team was A or B and when there was an AVP to pick up.

the correct question is at what rank is it okay to listen to your teammates, and that's usually about when you get out of gold novas bare minimum. Even down in silvers you'll still constantly get Those Guys who constantly drone on into the mic about their retarded strats that never work

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Love Stole the Day posted:

Because I live in Asia, I am always playing with 100~200 ping on SEA servers as well as USW servers. For years everyone has never believed me when I told them why I was always so frustrated with this game. Seeing people finally realize what I've been dealing with all these years is a huge cathartic orgasm. If only I hadn't given on CSGO in frustration because of that same lack of understanding.

that's not a lag problem :confused:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Elman posted:

Is the glock really terrible or should I just get good?

It has really bad damage, accuracy and range compared to the CT pistols and of course its burst fire is 100% useless. As far as I can tell the only thing it's got going for it is higher ammo count.

loving glockspam twenty four seven

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The glock is a garbage gun for idiots and beyond useless

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
NiP in the grand final, knocking out C9 and making it look easy in the process

now to prepare myself mentally for the crushing disappointment of watching NiP choke in yet another final

e: good lord this host/interviewer is terrible

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Sep 11, 2016

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

nip can only win in sweden. all us dig fangays are waiting to see our danishes succeed even though all the good boys are being poached rip aizy + kjaerb (maybe pimp but lol)

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Just a reminder, shox hasn't lost a grand final to NiP since mid 2013.

Edit: Actually, I misremembered. He has never lost a grand final to NiP. I was thinking of Dreamhack Bucharest 2013, but it turns out NiP beat them earlier in the bracket.

Smol fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 11, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

e: good lord this host/interviewer is terrible

The eastern euro guy or english saul from breaking bad

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
:laffo: Dig just choked away an 11-4 lead on Dust 2 to G2 and lost the match.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

:laffo: Dig just choked away an 11-4 lead on Dust 2 to G2 and lost the match.

#justdiginitasthings

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Dignitas more like Dignibad at cs 🔥🔥🔥🔥

:owned:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Famethrowa posted:

#justdiginitasthings

At least other countries know what it's like to be a Liquid fan :(

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well, everyone both teams go mid is new to me as a pistol tactic

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
This is just peak NiP, teases you by winning the first map decisively before a crushing defeat in map 2 and 3

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

They're doing pretty decent I think, like if they get 9. Considering the way g2 smashed sk to little pieces on overpass t-side a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

DDoSing is bad.