Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

classic game room is fine, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well he could get someone else to puppeteer. Realistically you would need to crush his larynx.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i hope #FE gets a sequel on the NX, but i dont see why it would.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tokyo mirage sessions 2: #shining

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #AC do it

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

BillmasterCozb posted:

Has "No one actually buys this poo poo" ever stopped Atlus in the past?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I cannot read that bit about "Olimar" being "his SLAVE NAME" without laughing.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
On a related note, just started playing TMS#FE. I've had it sitting in my desk drawer for a month.

So far it's really my sort of game. I think it's going to be really good.

I hope the NX has stuff like this. Atlus (and their SEGA overlords) were pretty good at supporting the 3DS and the WiiU, so I expect that there will be.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

BillmasterCozb posted:

it wont but I agree.

also it'd be nice to have one more cool exclusive for our dead wii u but I guess I'll make peace with FE and a wii backlog until BOTW

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The thing about Pikmin is at least with Paper Mario and Metroid one could have a valid point that it's been ten years since one people liked, but Pikmin has the best game in the series like three years ago and a great series of animated shorts. It's not like it's neglected or anything.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

greatn posted:

I hate the puppet guy, he's such a loving whiner. He released a video about Paper Mario Color Splash that was just embarrassing, and one I keep seeing in suggested feed is "Pikmin 3DS hurts me". I'm sure he probably has a stupid hot take on Federation Force as well.

Don't knock him, this puppet was put in the hospital after he played Paper Mario Sticker Star so it's a thing that can happen

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Plus Pikmin 4 is in development, albeit it's been delayed and is kind of development hell presumably because they want it to be an NX launch window title. So we're getting a mainline title and a cute spinoff so the complaints are a loss less warranted than FedForce ones.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I want yarn pikmin

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Quest For Glory II posted:

I want yarn pikmin

I want yarn everything.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I just want Nintendo to announce this thing so I can get a dirt cheap Wii U with Mario Maker...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oh one of these things again.

ah, okay it's all a joke.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Q_res posted:

I just want Nintendo to announce this thing so I can get a dirt cheap Wii U with Mario Maker...

I miss the fire sales of old as much as the next person, but I don't think the Wii U will ever hit rock bottom prices. Nintendo'll wanna protect the brand, especially with the next thing coming immediately. I imagine supply will drop off to nothing and another official price drop and that's it.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I wish we'd get a sign, like the image of a handheld-console hybrid appearing on somebody's toast or something.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Meldonox posted:

I wish we'd get a sign, like the image of a handheld-console hybrid appearing on somebody's toast or something.

Or Shigeru Miyamoto's silhouette in a water stain at the back of a pub.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Meldonox posted:

what were the writings on the donut box spell out when bill was eating the donuts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SilverSupernova posted:

I cannot read that bit about "Olimar" being "his SLAVE NAME" without laughing.

Its clearly a troll petition

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

This is almost as good as DEEBLO TWO

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

Pikmin has the best game in the series like three years ago

an excerpt from my novel, The Man Who Thought Every Year Was 2004

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pikmin 3 was gorgeous and fun.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
New pikmin will probably be fun it just looks ugly.

Sorta like how color splash looks gorgeous but will probably be boring. (Not saying as horrid As some make it out to be, just boring)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It'll prolly be an alright game, just not good for a paper mario game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

just not good for a paper mario game.

how many times will this be said?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

a.lo posted:

how many times will this be said?

way too many times already

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like all 3 pikmin games for different reasons, though pikmin 3 is imo the "worst" of the 3 but that's like saying that of these 3 cheeseburgers, this really good one is not nearly as tasty as the other two really good ones

Really the new pikmin spinoff just seems to be a 2D take on the sorta dungeon crawling style of pikmin 2 where you get from point a to point b while gathering treasures and focusing more on combat

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I wish the 3DS Chibi Robo game was a game with the gameplay reminiscent of the other Chibi Robos and not just like, a platformer with a rope-throwing move.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sad Chibi Robo will likely never get another game because of the lukewarm reaction to Zip Lash. Hopefully, in the future, Nintendo will manufacture real Chibi Robos and it will live on that way.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
All these shaken up formulas and I still don't have the fully 3D open world Pokemon game that child me dreamed of while playing Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap. Unforgivable.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

All these shaken up formulas and I still don't have the fully 3D open world Pokemon game that child me dreamed of while playing Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap. Unforgivable.

That would be bad.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Zip Lash wasn't awful it just felt like it never got off the ground. I got it fairly recently and I just can't put my finger on what about it wasn't engaging. The Amiibo is cute as hell though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just to get it straight in my head, the only things that we actually know for sure about the NX is that it's a home console, it's coming out in March 2017, and Zelda will be on it?

And literally everything else people are saying about it is based off of looking at old patent filings and guesses?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The Eurogamer story about it being as portable using something from the NVidia Tegra family that had detachable controllers isn't based on old patent filings, it's based on their insider sources, and had been corroborated by IGN who say they've heard the same thing.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Just to get it straight in my head, the only things that we actually know for sure about the NX is that it's a home console, it's coming out in March 2017, and Zelda will be on it?

maybe, maybe, yes

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Well Game Freak is a separate development studio to Nintendo proper, so that's probably a large reason why the design philosophy behind the (core) pokemon franchise has been so conservative. It's interesting to compare the pokemon franchise to something like SMT, which has a similar premise mechanically (capturing monsters to fight other monsters) and started a little earlier, but has had vastly more varied games, both mechanically and narratively, than Pokemon. Pokemon games are still surefire financial successes though, and unfortunately I don't think Game Freak will bother doing any radical innovations to the game until that changes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

The Eurogamer story about it being as portable using something from the NVidia Tegra family that had detachable controllers isn't based on old patent filings, it's based on their insider sources, and had been corroborated by IGN who say they've heard the same thing.

Who did IGN hear it from? Was it the same guy who Eurogamer heard it form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

And literally everything else people are saying about it is based off of looking at old patent filings and guesses?

107 pages, baby!

I'm rewatching the Pokemon anime with my husband who's never seen it and I'm really sad we'll never get a Team Rocket game, speaking of Pokemon stuff we should have and don't.

• Locked thread