Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petr
Oct 3, 2000

greatn posted:

I just can't watch him anymore, so no.

Well, either he had a hypoglycemic episode or he made up for 70 years of teetotaling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Bip Roberts posted:

You'll vote for a winner in November and it'll feel good.

I will, but it feels nice to finally find a party that checks all the areas I want. Well except for a goal of having everything in the private sector be competing worker owned co-ops.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The Glumslinger posted:

Snippets from the ABC/Wapo poll
So there's a big chunk of the population that thinks Hillary is more qualified and better suited for the office, doesn't trust Trump on a bunch of issues, likes immigration, likes Obama, and is still undecided. JFC, America.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Warcabbit posted:

I'm just gonna leave this here.

That Duke tweet is perfect (for the good guys). Hillary's campaign needs to blast it front and centre every day, "See normal repubs? This is who you're being equated to (by your leadership). The goddamn wizard of the KK fuckin K. Is that the company you want to keep?".

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

canepazzo posted:

That Duke tweet is perfect (for the good guys). Hillary's campaign needs to blast it front and centre every day, "See normal repubs? This is who you're being equated to (by your leadership). The goddamn wizard of the KK fuckin K. Is that the company you want to keep?".

I'm pretty sure a huge percentage of them would rather say yes than agree with anything Hillary says, but then I suppose that's the point.

This whole thing has been a masterstroke.

Lord Hydronium posted:

So there's a big chunk of the population that thinks Hillary is more qualified and better suited for the office, doesn't trust Trump on a bunch of issues, likes immigration, likes Obama, and is still undecided. JFC, America.

That would be the """unbiased""" media working its magic.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lord Hydronium posted:

Emails~~~~~~~

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

baiting Trump's supporters into loudly proclaiming their pride in white nationionalism was a pretty savvy move on Hillary's part.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the concept of white genocide will never cease being funny to me

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Augus posted:

baiting Trump's supporters into loudly proclaiming their pride in white nationionalism was a pretty savvy move on Hillary's part.

Yeah, this is the kind of stuff that gets printed in textbooks a few decades down the line.

straight up brolic posted:

the concept of white genocide will never cease being funny to me

WE MUST SECURE THE EXISTENCE OF OUR PEOPLE AND A FUTURE FOR WHITE CHILDREN!!! :byodood:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Let us not forget how she got the whole media to spend 3 days bashing Nancy Reagan's legacy as a huge disgusting monster when it would've otherwise been intolerable puff pieces because she had just died

In case anybody isn't familiar, the Clintons consider themselves as a big part of the force that did/will save the country from Reaganism so, uh, safe so say she's not a fan. All it took was one little complement to bring up how Nancy laughed as the AIDS crisis was allowed to grow unchecked

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Augus posted:

When she wins by 1% I'm sure the American fascist movement will consider it a crushing defeat.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Epic High Five posted:

Let us not forget how she got the whole media to spend 3 days bashing Nancy Reagan's legacy as a huge disgusting monster when it would've otherwise been intolerable puff pieces because she had just died

In case anybody isn't familiar, the Clintons consider themselves as a big part of the force that did/will save the country from Reaganism so, uh, safe so say she's not a fan. All it took was one little complement to bring up how Nancy laughed as the AIDS crisis was allowed to grow unchecked

I dont remember this whole thing, any good articles?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/11/hillary-clinton-lauds-reagans-on-aids-a-backlash-erupts/

Is a good start. Basically Nancy kicks the bucket, and Clinton says Traditional Nice Thing to Honor the Dead except she specifically brought up her advocacy for LGBT rights.

Well this was also mid-Bernie people going nuts so they went frothing mad, the media picks up on this and then spends the next 3 days dissecting all the awful poo poo Nancy did as FLOTUS and beyond.

About 10 minutes later Clinton apologizes and says something like, "oh sorry about that, I must've been thinking of something else she did that was good" but the fact remains that the whole day of and both days bookending her funeral was basically just a nonstop hit piece on Nancy because with Trump, there are no sacred cows

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

You don't really need an article. Nancy Reagan died, prompting a series of "Saint Reagan's saintly wife has passed on to heaven" articles. Then Hillary Clinton said "She died, blah blah blah, she was a pioneer in AIDS help" and then the media wrote a million articles about how Clinton was wrong because the Reagans were actually the worst people in the world when it came to gay people and AIDS, and Clinton was like "lol whoops my bad" and then everyone forgot about it.

I'm not sure if it was eighth dimensional chess but it certainly was true that Clinton's comment, intentionally or not, sparked a large number of articles about how terrible the Reagans actually were, which is rare immediately following the death of a former First Lady.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Pennsylvania:

Donald Trump's claims haven't panned out in Pennsylvania

quote:

Among those currently eligible to cast a ballot, some 129,000 new Pennsylvania voters have joined the GOP since November. But Democrats, aided by a heated primary between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, have added 172,000.

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/774732761378717696

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Petr posted:

When she wins by 1% I'm sure the American fascist movement will consider it a crushing defeat.

Yes I'm sure after Trump loses American fascists will find a way to make lightning strike in the same place twice.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'd like to see the source on this.

edit: has there been any meaningful response to Hillary's smack talking (and/or partial retraction) among undecided voters? I mean, I don't even know how their brains work on a fundamental level so I am never sure how to interpret information about them, but still...

Here's an article from 2012 on it.

last part of the article posted:

Update: Wolfers has released his projection. He predicts that Obama will get 52.5% of the two-party vote. By comparison, Nate Silver projects he'll get 50.5%.

Obama's actual take of the vote was 51.1%

Augus posted:

guys did you know that when a white person and a non-white person have sex the child often isn't white?
whites are going extinct!!!
:derp:

It's called protecting our precious children from the nefarious workings of the sun on our delicate white skin.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Epic High Five posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/11/hillary-clinton-lauds-reagans-on-aids-a-backlash-erupts/

Is a good start. Basically Nancy kicks the bucket, and Clinton says Traditional Nice Thing to Honor the Dead except she specifically brought up her advocacy for LGBT rights.

She said Reagan and her husband promoted AIDS awareness specifically, it was bizarre.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Gyges posted:

It's called protecting our precious children from the nefarious workings of the sun on our delicate white skin.

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun." - A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union

'Murica

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

B-Rock waiting for the perfect timing to push this issue is going to be amazing.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Periodiko posted:

She said Reagan and her husband promoted AIDS awareness specifically, it was bizarre.

No it wasn't. Hillary throws shade. I don't understand how after decades people still don't get this.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Never forget (MDT).

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Augus posted:

guys did you know that when a white person and a non-white person have sex the child often isn't white?
whites are going extinct!!!
:derp:

I've always found it funny how supposed anti-racist Lauren Chief Elk is vocally anti-miscegenation.:laugh:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Old James posted:

These are the people Jay Leno would interview on the street. They probably think Dorothy and Toto were from Kenya too.

Well they are on record saying they missed the waves down in Africa.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Augus posted:

Yes I'm sure after Trump loses American fascists will find a way to make lightning strike in the same place twice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_rod

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

crazy idea but hear me out:

the center of the earth

that's a crowded-rear end neighborhood

I mean it's got the pre-cambrian frogpeople empire, the atlanteans (from bolivia), the nazis, and the mole men already

and the feminists have got the moon so I think he's out of options

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jazerus posted:

that's a crowded-rear end neighborhood

I mean it's got the pre-cambrian frogpeople empire, the atlanteans (from bolivia), the nazis, and the mole men already

and the feminists have got the moon so I think he's out of options

True, true, but it's actually kind of weird because being near a source of near infinite energy and infinite mineral wealth means that it actually is just like Galt's Gulch down there

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Is there any path without PA? I'm reasonably sure there isn't. Looks like Donald has to focus on earning NY again. New Yorkers love him after all.

EDIT: Sorry, what I meant to say was ":siren: Hillary is tumbling. her polling numbers are suddenly on a free fall! Not even D.C. likes her anymore. :siren:"

Aww man. I forgot that Imgur doesn't do HTTPS.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 11, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Air is lava! posted:

Is there any path without PA? I'm reasonably sure there isn't. Looks like Donald has to focus on earning NY again. New Yorkers love him after all.

For Trump to win without PA, he'd have to peel off at least one of the considered-safely Democratic Wisconsin, Michigan, or Colorado, in addition to running the table on all the other swing states. It's highly improbable.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Trump winning the electoral college is basically impossible, but if he wins or is close in popular vote, I'm very pessimistic about the future of America.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Petr posted:

Trump winning the electoral college is basically impossible, but if he wins or is close in popular vote, I'm very pessimistic about the future of America.

It's difficult but if turnout and wrong polling have a decent national shift on election day there are reasonable maps for Trump.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Petr posted:

The EC is his only hope. Trump is probably Mondale-level hosed on the popular vote.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Bip Roberts posted:

It's difficult but if turnout and wrong polling have a decent national shift on election day there are reasonable maps for Trump.

Thankfully his ground game and hatred of anyone that does not own a white dick make that kind of well... beyond difficult.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Air is lava! posted:

EDIT: Sorry, what I meant to say was ":siren: Hillary is tumbling. her polling numbers are suddenly on a free fall! Not even D.C. likes her anymore. :siren:"

Aww man. I forgot that Imgur doesn't do HTTPS.

Without PA and VA, no, Trump has no reasonable path to victory. He'd have to sweep pretty much everything else at that point. If Wisconsin is somehow close then Walker might manage to steal it for the GOP, but Hilary would only have to take Florida to have 271 EVs when taking the safe states and "battleground" states PA/VA.

A close election and the GOP holding the senate would be pretty horrific because the GOP would double down on everything as a The People Want Us To Keep Her In Check thing. They'll fight her on any SCOTUS nominee that isn't an archlich conservative like Scalia.

Periodiko posted:

They did through their inaction, technically?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Thaddius the Large posted:

I don't watch much any tv these days, and definitely live in a safe blue state, so tuning in for football this morning I saw my first political ad of the season, the Hillary spot where a bunch of veterans are watching Trump say a bunch of his crazy poo poo about John McCain being a loser, the sacrifices Trump made in his life, etc. A part of me instinctively rankles when an ad doesn't make any effort to describe the candidate it's supporting or any of their positions, but it's also pretty drat satisfying to see someone go for Trump's throat in such a simple, straightforward fashion, I could definitely stand to see Hilldawg recreate the Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks for the television age this election season.

I don't want this brilliant vision of yours to go unappreciated, so:

Sultan Mehmed IV posted:

As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.

Zaporozhian Cossacks posted:

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress your mother.

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 11, 2016

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Air is lava! posted:

Assuming Clinton keeps every other Obama 2012 state, he'd need to get OH, VA, NC, FL, and IA

Also he was never going to win PA. If Bush couldn't do it in 2004, Trump sure as poo poo won't.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Evil Fluffy posted:

A close election and the GOP holding the senate would be pretty horrific because the GOP would double down on everything as a The People Want Us To Keep Her In Check thing. They'll fight her on any SCOTUS nominee that isn't an archlich conservative like Scalia.

Hey cool because if Trump somehow through some bizarre chance doesn't win, this is what's going to happen.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Petr posted:

Hey cool because if Trump somehow through some bizarre chance doesn't win, this is what's going to happen.

This has done them no favours in the past. Nobody is wearing Mitch McConnell t-shirts.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Just a reminder that Romney won Chester County (the swing county of PA) and still lost the state in '12. Trump won't win it, and he won't win PA.

KaptainKrunk fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Sep 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Frogfingers posted:

The EC is his only hope. Trump is probably Mondale-level hosed on the popular vote.

There is no way to win the Electoral College while your opponent gets 60% of the popular vote. In order to win the EC but lose the popular you need to have a close race in the popular vote that breaks for you in just enough states. The only way to win the Electoral College with 40% of the vote is to have 3 or more candidates winning states, and Jill Stein is more likely to pull double digits in polling than for that to happen any time soon.

• Locked thread