Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Even barring Krang, the two of them with Shredder is bananas.

"You guys get Willpower and I help you hit harder. Every time you numbskulls screw up I get to heal or remove an action token, and every two times you screw up one of you gets to heal and remove an action token."

That's not even counting the 80 points left on a 300 team. I need to sell stuff to make sure I can get a case of that set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
They make the 100 point shredder something I'd actually consider playing. That's a miracle in itself

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Speaking of Shredder, they previewed a different version of the 84 comic series one that I believe the Con LE is also supposed to represent: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/018-Shredder.jpg

For half the points of the Con Le this one can remove tokens from both Bebop and Rocksteady, and trades up reducers for raw stats. A nasty little close combat Foot Clan monster.

By the by, I have a Spider-Gwen I don't particularly care about, if anybody has a SR Spidey they'd like to trade for it (or maybe towards a Hydro-Man, the only Masters of Evil piece in the game I don't have).

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 7, 2016

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I went 2-0-1 today and somehow lost to a guy who went 2-1 - a guy I also beat. I likely wouldn't play Night Nurse anyway, but they kept saying they input the stats into whatever program they report to, and it said he beat me, because he beat me on points. I always thought it was record first, and then points as tiebreaker. This was confusing and probably wrong, but I decided not to be a dick about it. Although it reminded me why I hadn't bothered to go there since sometime last year.

vvv We did roll off. I won the roll off. The lady said she had to enter a tie into whatever system she was using to "report accurately" so the roll off was disallowed. And for some reason, whatever system she was using was apparently telling her the other guy won. I didn't understand, and she was sheepish about it.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 9, 2016

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Games can't end in a tie, if you're tied on points it goes to roll-off. How do you have a tie?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I was already in for a gravity feed pre-order of the 2nd Turtles wave, but the latest previews loving sold me. I just hope we get some rock soldiers.

CapnAndy posted:

Games can't end in a tie, if you're tied on points it goes to roll-off. How do you have a tie?

Really? Every venue I've ever been to allows ties. Standings at the end of the night go by record first, points second.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I've never finished a tournament with a tie, the times it's happened has always resulted in a roll-off, I don't even know how you'd advance rounds if you recorded a tie.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

The game itself has never (in my history playing) allowed for ties. If the two players tie on points, it's a roll-off and the high roll wins. Those are the core rules of the game. I wouldn't imagine that WIN even has the capability for you to enter a tie.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They announced they're doing 15th anniversary sets for DC and Marvel, with bricks so I assume a full sized set too. I thought they might be throwback dials like the 10th anniversary ones were (also, this news being announced has made me sad that it's already been 5 years since those sets, gone by fast and I still haven't played the Brainiac from that set yet) but apparently people at one of those retailer convention things are saying they're elseworlds and what-if themed.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

thebardyspoon posted:

They announced they're doing 15th anniversary sets for DC and Marvel, with bricks so I assume a full sized set too. I thought they might be throwback dials like the 10th anniversary ones were (also, this news being announced has made me sad that it's already been 5 years since those sets, gone by fast and I still haven't played the Brainiac from that set yet) but apparently people at one of those retailer convention things are saying they're elseworlds and what-if themed.

Oh, hell yes! :dance:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

gently caress. YES. They must have realized they had so many alternate versions of characters to do that doing them as chases would have taken far, far too long and that they'd never get through them all. I guess we're finally getting Leatherwing and his corresponding dandy captain Joker.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
New TMNT previews! Fugitoid and the saturday morning cartoon turtles, who have the best traits ever, they killed me, I'm dead now.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Anyone know any good modders? Andy and I were talking about spider verse teams and I mentioned that the Superman Robot would make a decent leopardon. Now we want to mod one and make that happen but we are both untalented when it comes to modding. We'd also like to mod a Juston Seyfert into Supdaida-man since his goal is basically just to shout at leopardon to attack things.

Let me know. This is a thing we must make happen and we are willing to pay.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Why mod it when you can spend $130 bucks for a foot tall, die-cast transforming Leopardon! :shepspends:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Why mod it when you can spend $130 bucks for a foot tall, die-cast transforming Leopardon! :shepspends:
That is in fact less than what we got quoted for a Leopardon mod.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

The game itself has never (in my history playing) allowed for ties. If the two players tie on points, it's a roll-off and the high roll wins. Those are the core rules of the game. I wouldn't imagine that WIN even has the capability for you to enter a tie.

I, in fact, have 4 ties on my WIN record.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Morand posted:

Anyone know any good modders? Andy and I were talking about spider verse teams and I mentioned that the Superman Robot would make a decent leopardon. Now we want to mod one and make that happen but we are both untalented when it comes to modding. We'd also like to mod a Juston Seyfert into Supdaida-man since his goal is basically just to shout at leopardon to attack things.

Let me know. This is a thing we must make happen and we are willing to pay.

If you find a modder, please let me know. I'm very, very interested in how this proceeds.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

zgrowler2 posted:

If you find a modder, please let me know. I'm very, very interested in how this proceeds.
I have gotten frustrated at how all the "best" heroclix mods would get laughed out of the room in any semi-casual Warhammer meetup and decided to try it myself.

Step 1 is to spend a bunch of money and then try repainting a regular Spider-Man to still be Spider-Man, just to see if I can do it.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Nerds. Help me cure my choice lock. I can't decide what to play.

It's 800 no resources or possessors.

Here's a couple teams I'm thinking

Masters of Evil Wrecking

SFOSM Baron Zemo
IIM Melter
HOT Moonstone
Absorbing Man and Titania Duo
Bulldozer, Piledriver, Thunderball, Wrecker at lower values from IIM
Wrecking crew ATA X 4

Spider-Verse

Old Man Spider
Spider Man Noir
Spider Punk
Spider Knight
Spider Gwen
SR 100 point Spider-Man
Superior Spider Man
Scarlet Spider
DP Black Cat

Thunderbolts

Baron Zemo
CW Radioactive Man
CW Songbird
CW Mach IV
CW Venom
DP Bullseye
SFOSM Speed Demon
HOT Moonstone
CW Jester
CW Jack O'Lantern

The Mighty Avengers

Ares at 125
CW Sentry
AOU SR Ms. Marvel
CW Wasp
AOU Wonder Man
CW Iron Man
CACW Black Widow + Iron Man is right

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

My vote would be for Masters of Evil, because they're my favorite villain team and seriously when is the Wrecking Crew not a blast to play? Especially giving them all Sidestep and attack bumps, woof!

Is anybody looking for some extra Marvel zombie chases? I bought a lot for a song and I'd like to make some money back but I'd give a goon a good deal.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Masters of Evil Wrecking

SFOSM Baron Zemo
IIM Melter
HOT Moonstone
Wrecking crew ATA X 4

I like that T-Bolts team, but this MoE team looks too fun to pass up.

Wouldn't it be the wrecking crew x5, though? The Absorby/Titania duo has the Crew keyword.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

I like that T-Bolts team, but this MoE team looks too fun to pass up.

Wouldn't it be the wrecking crew x5, though? The Absorby/Titania duo has the Crew keyword.

Then it's now 2 points over. Didn't realize they had the keyword too. drat. Can't do the crew without their ATA, I'm kinda dependent on hiding behind walls and drilling through hindering

Edit: I can replace Moonstone with CW Songbird. Now it's legal

Morand fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 23, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Then it's now 2 points over. Didn't realize they had the keyword too. drat. Can't do the crew without their ATA, I'm kinda dependent on hiding behind walls and drilling through hindering

How about :

- Zemo
- Absorbing Man/Titania
- Half Wrecker
- Half Piledriver
- Half Bulldozer
- Half T-Ball
- Black Mamba
- AoU Yellowjacket
- Crew ATA x 5
Total: 785

And I just noticed you fixed the point total. I really like Yellowjacket for all the stuff she can do, and Mamba is awesome.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Morand posted:

Is there a clean way for you to drop enough points to put the AoU Crimson Cowl Ultron on that team? Being able to use his Leadership to pull MoE characters from 8 squares away is huge.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Is there a clean way for you to drop enough points to put the AoU Crimson Cowl Ultron on that team? Being able to use his Leadership to pull MoE characters from 8 squares away is huge.

My stupid rules that I put on myself but no one else does says I must be as close to comic accurate as possible. All these guys should be from the iteration of the MOE that put the avengers under siege

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

My stupid rules that I put on myself but no one else does says I must be as close to comic accurate as possible. All these guys should be from the iteration of the MOE that put the avengers under siege

Zemo's Lineup

quote:

A fourth version was formed by Baron Helmut Zemo. This team uses over a dozen villains, consisting of Absorbing Man, Blackout, Black Mamba, Fixer, Goliath, Grey Gargoyle, Mister Hyde, Moonstone, Screaming Mimi, Tiger Shark, Titania, Whirlwind, the Wrecking Crew (Bulldozer, Piledriver, Thunderball and Wrecker), and Yellowjacket, created with the goal of overwhelming the Avengers with sheer raw power where others had attempted to match the current line-up.

The villains storm Avengers Mansion in a multi-issue storyline titled "Avengers Under Siege".

My team was spot-on, then. :smug:

Edit: How in the poo poo have we never gotten Mimi, Goliath, or Fixer?

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
We've had a couple of Fixers, actually. In the old Sinister and Captain America sets. We are due for a new one though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Mutant Headcrab posted:

We've had a couple of Fixers, actually. In the old Sinister and Captain America sets. We are due for a new one though.

Those are sculpts of Techno named Fixer.

There has never been a clix of this guy:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

Zemo's Lineup

My team was spot-on, then. :smug:

Edit: How in the poo poo have we never gotten Mimi, Goliath, or Fixer?

We technically did. Songbird is Mimi and Atlas from CW even has a power referencing when they stormed the mansion. Plus we got a fixer in Captain America and Sinister I think?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

We technically did. Songbird is Mimi and Atlas from CW even has a power referencing when they stormed the mansion. Plus we got a fixer in Captain America and Sinister I think?

Yeah, but in a world where we get an MoE Wonder Man, honest depictions of the original villains that became T-Bolts would be awesome.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Red posted:

Those are sculpts of Techno named Fixer.

There has never been a clix of this guy:

The Marvel wiki says they're the same guy, so idk? :shrug:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dudes. He means the Tbolts in their original villain costume. Yes, Fixer is Techno, but we don't have Norbert in the original outfit. Nor Mimi.

We don't have Angar The Screamer yet either.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

Dudes. He means the Tbolts in their original villain costume. Yes, Fixer is Techno, but we don't have Norbert in the original outfit. Nor Mimi.

We don't have Angar The Screamer yet either.

Exactly!

We've gotten Moonstone and Zemo, but I guess I feel like the classic MoE that was pulling the scam deserve to be clixed. :)

I was kind of surprised we didn't get a carded Beetle in Superior Foes, either.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So apparently the 15th Anniversary sets are What If? and Elseworlds.

Didn't see that coming.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Speaking of upcoming things. Why has no one posted about Renet Tilly. It's like vanisher and scarlet witch had a baby

http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-...l-renet-tilley/

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Speaking of upcoming things. Why has no one posted about Renet Tilly. It's like vanisher and scarlet witch had a baby

http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-...l-renet-tilley/
Also the baby cost the same as playing either one separately and is going to be on every Worlds team next year.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 800 no resources, I did the below.

Masters of Evil Wrecking

SFOSM Baron Zemo
CW OP Songird
HOT Moonstone
Wrecking crew ATA X 5
Symbiote Object

I dropped melter entirely because he wasn't on the roster I was using for the Masters. Added the symbiote for points for Zemo to equip.

Round 1 versus Speedsters led by KC Flash.

It was a ridiculous hypersonic team with Flash, Max Mercury, Quicksiler, Barry from the flash set and others.

My dice really tried to screw me this game. I had a decent amount of plasticity and I made it hard for him to hit me, but he got the shots he could. I had multiple 13 or 14 AV shots on a KC flash who had his senses countered but missed all of them. The duo was a monster though, his plasticity locked him down, and when he knocked Piledriver to plasticity things basically became impossible for him as he couldn't attack anyone. I lost moonstone, songbird, bulldozer and Piledriver but was able to KO,enough speedsters to win on points.

Round 2 versus Thinderbolts

Baron Zemo
DP Elektra
CW OP Songbird
Speed Demon from foes
Punisher
A Thug
A Deadpool that can roll to heal or take a token off someone
Someone else?
All tbolted to Mystics

This was slobber knocker. I was able to get in his face quick by busting down walls and making the duo a huge target, he hit them for 3 they oneshot Zemo and hit punisher pretty good. I lost wrecker and the duo though. Thunderball got very good mileage out of his ranged quake even though he took a lot of mystic feedback. He did go down but he did a ton of damage. Bulldozer was the MVP of the game though. He crit hit 3 times, including on his last attack where he KO'd songbird and fell to Mystics. The durability and stupid high AV's of my team persevered though and I was able to get everyone but speed demon when time was called. All I had left was a hurt moonstone, piledrover, Zemo and songbird though.

Round 3 versus Avengers

Monthly OP Kit 150 Strange
SFOSM 100 Spidey
Sentry
AOU Luke Cage
AVX Black Panther
Scarlet Witch
Civil War ATA that lets you sidestep.
Symbiote object

Strike 1 - I lost map roll and ended up on the bridge so I couldn't spawn all the objects
Strike 2 - Dr Strange missed 1 shape change roll all game
Strike 3 - when he missed that roll he only took 2 from a Zemo BCF, and proceeded to DPA heal everyone for 6

I had already lost the duo and wrecker by that point and everyone was hurting. I got Black Panther and the Witch but that was it. So frustrating, Strange should have been dead 6 times over. He made so many shape changes because of that Doctor and the Mystics I had eaten combined with the heal was too drat much.

Overall the team was very fun but I am not impressed with the Duo. In game 1 they were amazing but they literally could not be attacked. In rounds 2 and 3 they'd KO one thing and then go down hard. Wrecking crew though were very good damage dealers and I had a blast with them

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Today was 800 no resources, I did the below.

Masters of Evil Wrecking

SFOSM Baron Zemo
CW OP Songird
HOT Moonstone
Wrecking crew ATA X 5
Symbiote Object

I dropped melter entirely because he wasn't on the roster I was using for the Masters. Added the symbiote for points for Zemo to equip.

Round 1 versus Speedsters led by KC Flash.

It was a ridiculous hypersonic team with Flash, Max Mercury, Quicksiler, Barry from the flash set and others.

My dice really tried to screw me this game. I had a decent amount of plasticity and I made it hard for him to hit me, but he got the shots he could. I had multiple 13 or 14 AV shots on a KC flash who had his senses countered but missed all of them. The duo was a monster though, his plasticity locked him down, and when he knocked Piledriver to plasticity things basically became impossible for him as he couldn't attack anyone. I lost moonstone, songbird, bulldozer and Piledriver but was able to KO,enough speedsters to win on points.

Round 2 versus Thinderbolts

Baron Zemo
DP Elektra
CW OP Songbird
Speed Demon from foes
Punisher
A Thug
A Deadpool that can roll to heal or take a token off someone
Someone else?
All tbolted to Mystics

This was slobber knocker. I was able to get in his face quick by busting down walls and making the duo a huge target, he hit them for 3 they oneshot Zemo and hit punisher pretty good. I lost wrecker and the duo though. Thunderball got very good mileage out of his ranged quake even though he took a lot of mystic feedback. He did go down but he did a ton of damage. Bulldozer was the MVP of the game though. He crit hit 3 times, including on his last attack where he KO'd songbird and fell to Mystics. The durability and stupid high AV's of my team persevered though and I was able to get everyone but speed demon when time was called. All I had left was a hurt moonstone, piledrover, Zemo and songbird though.

Round 3 versus Avengers

Monthly OP Kit 150 Strange
SFOSM 100 Spidey
Sentry
AOU Luke Cage
AVX Black Panther
Scarlet Witch
Civil War ATA that lets you sidestep.
Symbiote object

Strike 1 - I lost map roll and ended up on the bridge so I couldn't spawn all the objects
Strike 2 - Dr Strange missed 1 shape change roll all game
Strike 3 - when he missed that roll he only took 2 from a Zemo BCF, and proceeded to DPA heal everyone for 6

I had already lost the duo and wrecker by that point and everyone was hurting. I got Black Panther and the Witch but that was it. So frustrating, Strange should have been dead 6 times over. He made so many shape changes because of that Doctor and the Mystics I had eaten combined with the heal was too drat much.

Overall the team was very fun but I am not impressed with the Duo. In game 1 they were amazing but they literally could not be attacked. In rounds 2 and 3 they'd KO one thing and then go down hard. Wrecking crew though were very good damage dealers and I had a blast with them

The few times I've played that duo, they've done really, really well for me - but they usually take forever to get somewhere, and they're a huge target. I do think there's a lot to remember (or forget, depending on your point of view) with that piece, too.

I felt a little cheesy doing it, but I totally cleaned up combining Absorbing Man/Titania with Cyborg Superman. The assembly line of objects just keeps robot Hank goin'.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Admittedly, had I not gone against 2 mystic heavy teams he may have done slightly better, but he really fell to the old outwit and swarm tactics that doom most tentpoles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 600 points, nothing over 200 points but no other restrictions.

I had to run the Sinister Six Twelve

I did

SFOSM Kraven
SFOSM Doctor Octopus
SFOSM Sandman
SFOSM Electro
ASM Vulture
ASM Mysterio X 7
Original Sinister Six ATA on all
Green Battery with a Sniper rifle, Decoy, and Axe (Axe was supposed to be a spotlight but I realized I didn't have it when I got there)

600 on the nose

Round 1 versus the Avengers Unity Squad
150 Rogue
100 point Beast
75 Scarlet and Quicksilver
Sabretooth
Prime Sunfire.
An ATA that gives plus one AV if adjacent to a friendly?

Won map, pulled out the black mercy map as I love the poo poo out of it and with all the incap I thought it would matter. Basic strategy was that I'd give sniper to electro, decoy to doc, and axe to sandman because Kraven didn't need it. Ended up on this map all 3 rounds.

He moved up, scattered out a bit but electro was still able to plink rogue, Sabretooth, and quicksilver for 1 with Sunfire taking 3 thanks to EE. He moved down with Sabretooth and all the mysterios took him out. Beast moved up to prep for a super outwit but doc ran over to outwit that and Kraven moved over to base him. He pushed to try to hit a 20 but missed. Doc did the 4 attack thing and KO'd beast. Rogue then got right in my face. Kraven hit her to stop and doc outwitted the d and did the 4 attack again for the KO as time was called for a pretty dominant win.

Round 2 versus a bunch of anti registration guys from civil war. LE Cap and Night the only pieces not a common.

This round can be summed up in the first words my opponent said regarding electro. "I'm not really worried about Electro". He moved down in a nice big old clump. Electro lit him up like a Christmas tree and did something like 20 clicks of damage. From here on I controlled the tempo of the game, he ran back to the nurse and moved down some undamaged guys who fell quickly. As he brought more pieces down I'd swarm and overwhelm them. Did lose 3 mysterios and Kraven but it was basically garbage time KO's as I'd already won.

Round 3 versus the avengers from the Movie Civil War.

95 point Iron Man with Iron Man is right
War machine with same thing
Vision also with the is right
Black widow is right
SFOSM SR Spider Man
Black Panther with traited precision and IMIR.

I moved up, Kraven marked spider. He moved down. War machine had carried Panther. Electro took a shot on War Machine, Widow, and Vision. Hit everyone except War Machine first try, lantern PC'd it to a miss, and then theme PC'd it to a crit hit. 2 to widow, War Machine, Vision, and 4 to Panther. Ouch.

Vision moved down to try and outwit electro but the ring stopped it. Iron Man did a RS after spidey perplexed him to a 12 attack but missed electro after some theme PC's. He also pushed war machine for prob but no luck. Panther moved down and did outwit electros light you up. Doc Ock KO'd him with 4 attacks. I just cleared.

Spidey did a HSS attack on a Mysterio and KO'd him but it was a fake one. Kraven did a hunt move to base Spidey. Electro KO'd vision with precision. Kraven chose to get a plus one attack and went to flurry blade Spidey, and rolled a 6 for a OHKO after senses was missed. Opponent then threw in the towel.

Overall I was really impressed with the new Sinister Six. Electros opening salvo was alway enough to pop out a ton of tokens and once a few tokens were ok I was able to count on hitting with a chained 11 and further bonuses on top of that. Never used sandmans packed wall, but there was quite a few times he'd just CCE for 5 because he'd already had a plus 3 attack.

Next week is 500 no resources. I am debating Batman Family

Morand fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 2, 2016

• Locked thread