Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Mister Beeg posted:

Seeing Kreider mention Ted Rall's "Terror Widows" cartoon made me remember that it exists.

With today being the 15th anniversary of 9/11, here it is. I think this really solidified what an rear end in a top hat Rall is:

:catstare:

e: well that's one way to start a page I guess.

e2: "Mooching war widows"- Homer Simpson.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rall's mistake is assuming that everyone is as sociopathic as he is

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Look at this divorced from what you know of Prickly City and tell me the Coyote is NOT the Republican. Seriously.

That's the most aggravating part of Prickly City for me. It's not enough for Winslow to be the liberal and Carmen the conservative. Winslow also has to be dumb and cynical and Carmen has to be smart and principled. Even with Donald Trump as the Republican nominee, the liberal is the mindless partisan.

Here's today's cartoon:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mister Beeg posted:

Seeing Kreider mention Ted Rall's "Terror Widows" cartoon made me remember that it exists.

With today being the 15th anniversary of 9/11, here it is. I think this really solidified what an rear end in a top hat Rall is:

If there's one group of people who need taking down, it's those who have suffered a devastating loss.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

D.N. Nation posted:

Sorry it's small, but guess what! Ramirez has drawn one combining the Twin Towers and Pearl Harbor:

http://www.cagle.com/michael-ramirez/2001/09/michael-ramirezs-cartoon-for-9142001

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

That's the most aggravating part of Prickly City for me. It's not enough for Winslow to be the liberal and Carmen the conservative. Winslow also has to be dumb and cynical and Carmen has to be smart and principled. Even with Donald Trump as the Republican nominee, the liberal is the mindless partisan.

Here's today's cartoon:

Forget Never

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

D.N. Nation posted:

Sorry it's small, but guess what! Ramirez has drawn one combining the Twin Towers and Pearl Harbor:

I can't see the DEBT label anywhere. :(

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Here's today's cartoon:

Stay here...forever

Don't leave here...ever

...huh. Dunno why I remembered that. That's obscure even for me.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Big, strong government will give you more food and clean water than you could possibly eat or drink. Look, the corn is even scaring away a DNA ghost! Those are... bad I guess. And the water has fluoride which protects teeth. And chemtrails aren't real.

I only wish (as a type 1 diabetic) that Big Gov had a bunch of syringes at the ready. I agree, Ben, national healthcare now!

ninja edit: Drug companies are in the pocket of big government? What?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
One of my faves

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

That cartoon is incredibly mean-spirited, but it's also kind of funny in a dark way. Unlike the rest of Rall's work, which is both mean-spirited and unfunny.

Edit: Although Tom Lehrer did the same joke better more than 50 years ago.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 11, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

beepsandboops posted:

One of my faves

This is amazing because it shows the two token minorities they likely added in the 70s or 80s.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Wow, Ramirez wasn't the only with this exact image.

http://www.cagle.com/steve-benson/2001/09/steve-bensons-cartoon-for-9122001

Steve Benson, two days earlier (12th)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rorus Raz posted:

This is amazing because it shows the two token minorities they likely added in the 70s or 80s.

According to wikipedia, the black guy was introduced in 1970 and the Asian guy was introduced in 1990.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Rorus Raz posted:

who's the second one

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kurtofan posted:

who's the second one
Asian guy, top left. IIRC his name is 'Gizmo' because he's good with computers, you see.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Nah, afaik Gizmo is the fourth from the left, bottom row. I have no idea why I remember this, I haven't read any beetle strips in ages.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh man, you're right. Now all my Beetle Bailey fanfics need to be completely rewritten!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

If there's one group of people who need taking down, it's those who have suffered a devastating loss.

Also EMTs and School teachers.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm just gonna leave this here as a link: A Danish newspaper asked cartoonists from ever EU state to draw something about the EU post Brexit.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Broken Cog posted:

Nah, afaik Gizmo is the fourth from the left, bottom row. I have no idea why I remember this, I haven't read any beetle strips in ages.

The Asian guy is Corporal Yo.

I remember when Gizmo was introduced. The strip held a contest where they asked readers to come up with a name for the character. Chip Gizmo was picked as the winner.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: gently caress Ted Rall

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Wow its amazing to see a Delonas cartoon that isn't repulsive.

quote:

:lol:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

9/11 protected us from hideous wing-armed mutants?

quote:

The lady reaches out to a pikachu for companionship because her husband is too busy reading WaPo.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Does anyone have a link to the Rall "gently caress anyone who has ever gotten praise for any reason" megapost? I want to experience it again.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Her partner unwilling, she reaches for her electric rodent

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

How many "POKEMON GO IS DESTROYING SOCIETY!" comics has this guy done? Because I swear this isn't the first one I've seen in this style.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Nice job on the beard, colorist.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

Technowolf posted:

Nice job on the beard, colorist.

I'm more impressed with Dr. Blofeld.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Literally this

quote:

"I definitely feel an obligation to address this tragedy—through Luann's eyes," said Evans, referring to Luann DeGroot, the inquisitive and outspoken teen whose adventures appear daily in more than 300 newspapers nationwide. "It's a real high-wire act: entertaining, informing, and providing emotional support to my readers all at the same time. But it's a challenge I have no choice but to rise to."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Seems like condom people aren't a British exclusive, this one is from Malta.

"Let's bomb dem uppity ay-rabs to teach em a lesson!"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
can't wait for dat garrisson

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Has Garrison ever done any truther cartoons? He seems like the type.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That's me in the corner. That's me in the spotlight.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lsoing my religion

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I think I would like McFadden more if his art didn't suck.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Here's a good Telnaes. This ran 2 months after 9/11

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

As a followup to this, Greg for a while had the bright idea to have Luann's brother's marriage ceremony take place on 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

• Locked thread