Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

VEEP is real
West Wing is real
Hostages is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

they're prob just gonna have someone else do her campaign stops/fundraisers until the debates its not that complicated

Or even more likely the meeting will be 'do you need us to send a replacement to tomorrow's fundraiser' and be answered with either 'nah I'm fine' or 'yea I'll be good in a couple days though' because it's pneumonia not cancer

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Civilized Fishbot posted:

VEEP is real
West Wing is real
Hostages is real

24 was always real

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Donald Trump is going to yuck it up with Dr. Oz on national television while the "undecided" "swing" voter slobs of America eagerly watch.

Without even mentioning her name, he is going to bury Hillary Clinton.

Do you see it yet? Have not your eyes been opened at last? Or do you still labor under the delusion that you can somehow escape fate?

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

VEEP is real
West Wing is real
Hostages is real

is M.A.S.H real

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Or even more likely the meeting will be 'do you need us to send a replacement to tomorrow's fundraiser' and be answered with either 'nah I'm fine' or 'yea I'll be good in a couple days though' because it's pneumonia not cancer

if only it were common for a presidential candidate to send surrogates to media or fundraising events

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Tatum Girlparts posted:

a couple of days might be a bit short for pneumonia depending on severity, but yeah, i expect her to just be out of action for at most a week and some change.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hillary overcomes pneumonia to attend 9-11 memorial service, takes a few weeks off (away from the media) until the debates to recover. donald trump left to dangle in the wind while trying to lower hillary's numbers.

puppetmaster hillary

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

Donald Trump is going to yuck it up with Dr. Oz on national television while the "undecided" "swing" voter slobs of America eagerly watch.

Do you see it yet? Have not your eyes been opened at last? Or do you still labor under the delusion that you can somehow escape fate?

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF

how exactly do you think this is going to turn out for you besides venting your impotent rage on a group that collectively things you're garbage

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
all y'all need to go watch some football and drink a beer and chill the gently caress out

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Yinlock posted:

is M.A.S.H real

no. suicide isn't painless and our nation is learning that now

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

if only it were common for a presidential candidate to send surrogates to media or fundraising events

it's very hosed up that Hillary Clinton, and her invention of surrogates, has so disgraced the DNC, I'll be expecting her resignation/ritual suicide by thursday at latest frankly

cams
Mar 28, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

all y'all need to go watch some football and drink a beer and chill the gently caress out
rip russell wilson

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I miss the days of my youth when it was seen as vulgar for a candidate to actually campaign himself

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

cams posted:

hillary overcomes pneumonia to attend 9-11 memorial service, takes a few weeks off (away from the media) until the debates to recover. donald trump left to dangle in the wind while trying to lower hillary's numbers.

puppetmaster hillary

but that's enough time for Trump's GOTV effort to make a real diffahahahaha

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

and I miss all my civil war buddies too :(

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Boosted_C5 posted:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF

yes, Trump will have the restraint to avoid ranting this event on TV, of course

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it's very hosed up that Hillary Clinton, and her invention of surrogates, has so disgraced the DNC, I'll be expecting her resignation/ritual suicide by thursday at latest frankly

you think she'll last till thursday? fuckin lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zas posted:

I miss the days of my youth when it was seen as vulgar for a candidate to actually campaign himself

in the founders' days it was rude for the candidate to be seen outside his house at all until a week after inauguration.

It was a simpler time, it was a better time.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

in the founders' days it was rude for the candidate to be seen outside his house at all until a week after inauguration.

It was a simpler time, it was a better time.

Nice slavery apologism shitlord.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Hey DNC,

Nice Meltdown

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The optics of it being pneumonia since that's one of the two things to have killed a sitting President.

the other is bullets right?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

so Hillary has an excuse for a week or two of rest while Trump continues his 4 hour sleep schedule, i don't see how this could go wrong

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

cams posted:

rip russell wilson

i can't believe I started him in fantasy :cripes:

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Did Hillary get her shoe back?
I hope she is ok, it was hot in NYC today.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so i hear Donald Trump is getting his rear end beaten by a disease-riddled cripple

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the other is bullets right?

bullets and uh 'Cerebrovascular Hemorrhage' (thats fdr)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dahn posted:

Did Hillary get her shoe back?
I hope she is ok, it was hot in NYC today.

no
the shoe vanished. the shoe is gone.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

reposting because I think Tim Kaine looks like Timothy Dalton

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

a lot's happened this weekend

Baloogan posted:

lol if you think anything is good in canada its all propaganda its on par with north korea

there's a lp of that weird syndicalist hoi mod where canada turns into a 'totalist' (stalinist) state you should read that if you haven't already

Schnorkles posted:

also one of these days the national polls and the fact that HRC is tied in Georgia will reconcile with one another but I'm not sure when.

i thought the state polls were close to the final result in 2012 but they underestimated obama's margin too, just from clicking around on this
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map_no_toss_ups.html

i think the state polls were consistently more pro-democratic than the national averages though, and i guess we're seeing that today

there are a shitload of polls today btw, hope this is how it's gonna be for 2 months. i'd say they're good for hillary but bad for democrat senatorial candidates
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/
not discussed i dont think was the nevada polls which have this pretty much ~dead heat~ed, kinda interesting. whatever. pile, throw, on

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/varadmehta/status/774661253738487808
You know, I'm now expecting an ad blitz pointing this out. I wouldn't put it past them.

i think we're probably gonna get this. although hillary having pneumonia obviously kind of means that whole story was overtaken by events - for now. i won't pretend i can predict what happens but in 2016 i assume a rich person is gonna recover from a disease tbh

Yinlock posted:

remember that one picture of one dude falling into a room, saying a word, then running away while everyone else in the room freaks the gently caress out

that's it, that's what she's doing

would you mind linking this i would like to see it tank

Squizzle posted:

now that i thought about it for a while i think that this and :coal: people and reno are the opening shots of the clinton campaign going on the offensive instead of hanging back and reacting to trump being trump

yeah, again overtaken by events but man bill kinda got gaffey there i think. pretty drat small issue. the thing where he said maga in his '91 campaign is pretty silly but i guess he should reword his poo poo a little so it's like, in the orangeman context this is racist. but this won't matter very much for a while

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

the NYT has weighed in on recent controversies and has determined both sides, and furthermore

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/public-editor/the-truth-about-false-balance.html

i hate this so much

quote:

I can’t help wondering about the ideological motives of those crying false balance, given that they are using the argument mostly in support of liberal causes and candidates. CNN’s Brian Stelter focused his show, “Reliable Sources,” on this subject last weekend. He asked a guest, Jacob Weisberg of Slate magazine, to frame the idea of false balance. Weisberg used an analogy, saying journalists are accustomed to covering candidates who may be apples and oranges, but at least are still both fruits. In Trump, he said, we have not fruit but rancid meat. That sounds like a partisan’s explanation passed off as a factual judgment.

If you fear a Trump presidency, it’s tempting to want the media’s firepower heavily trained on one side. But a false-balance cudgel gripped mostly by liberals is not an effective way to convince undecided voters. Just more preaching to the choir.

this writer supports white supremacy. she's too stupid to know she's been duped into doing it, probably, or she's just doing it for personal profit, but this is the kind of banal little evil that makes the world turn

Oiled and Ready posted:

Even if trump wins he wont do poo poo besides some light graft and dems will take both houses in 2018 and get redistricting rights for a decade, i dont get the worrying

Hillary winning under "fraudulent" circumstances and 12 more years of artificial republican congress could easily be worse

ive heard democrats saying this but i think the gop high-turnout coalition has a huge advantage in state legislative elections, especially since a large proportion of them won't be on this november's ballot

i kinda wanna figure out exactly how many seats are up in each year of our four-year cycle in each state sometime. surely there's a link where somebody's done this?

i forgot to quote someone saying it but im getting tired of this election too

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

Hey DNC,

Nice Meltdown

oh hey look who rolled into town! a sad little pissbitch

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Who's Bornstein and when did he replace Pence?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
boosted sitting in his computer room, lets out a jubliant woop about a woman having pneumonia

he wife screams at him to shut the gently caress up or she'll get the belt, and throws a cast iron pan at the door

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Astrofig posted:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Astrofig posted:

Bornstein is Trump's doctor.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I'll say this - it's nice to see the republicans finally care about a woman's health

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

paranoid randroid posted:

oh hey look who rolled into town! a sad little pissbitch

I understand that you are probably a little emotional right now.

Don't worry, your daily diet of propaganda is all lies anyway. Trump isn't Hitler, and he will be a good President.

Peace be with you.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

I'll say this - it's nice to see the republicans finally care about a woman's health

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here's the relevant section of the 2016 DNC rules report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Powerful J-O crystal

• Locked thread